Honestly, I can forgive almost everything in this game except one

#1Phange 2Posted 2/17/2013 3:44:41 PM
The AI for the Xenomorphs is totally unforgivable. The entire point of Alien (the movie) is that the Xenomorphs are smart, agile, and never approach you from the front.

This game throws them at you Serious Sam-style. Who the hell thought that was acceptable?
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#2cyborg_falcoPosted 2/17/2013 4:39:22 PM
Hype game up to unbelievable levels then reap the money in with minimal effort, it's not about making a good product, it's about making money!...

That's who thought it was a good idea to make silly AI... I would've thought over time AI would be getting better and better... but.. It's not...
#3PsyEdPosted 2/17/2013 4:42:51 PM
Play AvP 2010....xeno AI is way superior than this junk. In harder mode they will b**** slap you in circles so you get disorientated and won't know where to shoot or where they coming from. Why on earth rebellion didn't do this game...their experience with "Alien" is way more than any other dev's out there :-/
---
Psy3d on 360
PsyEd on PSN
#4sucricPosted 2/17/2013 6:20:02 PM(edited)
This game was under development at the same time AVP2010 was, rebellion couldn't have made both. They were supposed to come out around the same time, but this game was delayed for 6 years.
#5Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:24:30 PM
PsyEd posted...
Play AvP 2010....xeno AI is way superior than this junk. In harder mode they will b**** slap you in circles so you get disorientated and won't know where to shoot or where they coming from. Why on earth rebellion didn't do this game...their experience with "Alien" is way more than any other dev's out there :-/

I actually have AvP 2010 on Steam.

Honestly it was a pretty good game, just too short.
---
Bacon.
#6Slyster1181Posted 2/17/2013 6:27:42 PM
AvP 2010 was ok.. The multiplayer needed much more depth but that is about it.
#7PsyEdPosted 2/17/2013 6:39:38 PM
Phange 2 posted...

Yeah to me it felt like a tech demo of their AvP 2010 engine. But must say marine game wasn't bad at all....the scare factor was there since you were mostly alone than some dumb AI team mate(s) babbling all the time....plus dx11 sexiness!

I'm glad ACM turned out this way...hopefully this guarantees that gearbox doesn't get to do more garbage down the track.
---
Psy3d on 360
PsyEd on PSN
#8_Anticlimactic_Posted 2/17/2013 6:44:08 PM
Any game with a strong IP or following just gets worse as they go own, because less money spent on development is more money for the developer.

Plenty of examples of this, blame fanboys and dumb consumers.
#9Phange 2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:57:19 PM
PsyEd posted...
Phange 2 posted...

Yeah to me it felt like a tech demo of their AvP 2010 engine. But must say marine game wasn't bad at all....the scare factor was there since you were mostly alone than some dumb AI team mate(s) babbling all the time....plus dx11 sexiness!

I'm glad ACM turned out this way...hopefully this guarantees that gearbox doesn't get to do more garbage down the track.

I decided to redownload it since I gave up on it years ago. It looks so much better visually.
---
Bacon.
#10NeninaPosted 2/17/2013 8:59:54 PM
To my knowledge, they never claimed that the xenos would have several times the AI as F.E.A.R. 1. And I expected them to be kind of suicidal from videos of the demo. We're just not at that point yet in gaming AI breakthrough.