I was just playing AVP 2010

#1Rod1984Posted 3/15/2013 5:34:08 PM
my biggest gripe with Aliens Colonial Marines, isnt the graphics or the missing levels that was shown during the demos, the missing detail, it is how the xenomorphs behave, as the topic states, i was just playing AVP, I was doing some single player survivor as well as the campaign and this is one thing rebellion got right is how the aliens are suppose to move! I was actually starting to feel a little tense bc I am looking at the radar and I see where they are coming from, but like the movies they are all over the place, the walls, the celing, underground etc, not right in my line of sight like in colonial marines, and when they do come for you in AVP, the aliens come at you but do a quick side swipe at you and ends up behind you then tries for a pounce and then ends up back on the wall or celing trying to flank you, if Colonial Marine's xenomorphs acted this way, it would still have been awesome but instead we have aliens with its arms down on its sides running straight at you like a complete idiot, the only time I feel a sense of fear is if they are still coming during reload time or low ammo which is rare
---
PSN: mavrik1984 - GamerTag: rod1984 - Steam: rod1984
#2teehee23Posted 3/17/2013 8:46:46 PM
Rod1984 posted...
my biggest gripe with Aliens Colonial Marines, isnt the graphics or the missing levels that was shown during the demos, the missing detail, it is how the xenomorphs behave, as the topic states, i was just playing AVP, I was doing some single player survivor as well as the campaign and this is one thing rebellion got right is how the aliens are suppose to move! I was actually starting to feel a little tense bc I am looking at the radar and I see where they are coming from, but like the movies they are all over the place, the walls, the celing, underground etc, not right in my line of sight like in colonial marines, and when they do come for you in AVP, the aliens come at you but do a quick side swipe at you and ends up behind you then tries for a pounce and then ends up back on the wall or celing trying to flank you, if Colonial Marine's xenomorphs acted this way, it would still have been awesome but instead we have aliens with its arms down on its sides running straight at you like a complete idiot, the only time I feel a sense of fear is if they are still coming during reload time or low ammo which is rare

I don't understand your complaint because in the movie Aliens that's all the Xenos did too.
They just charged straight ahead and overwhelmed with numbers.

There are times when the AI is questionable but not any more so than the majority of other fps's and playing on the two highest difficulty settings makes the game challenging, especially Ultimate Badass.

Even the showcased demo that so many complainers praise has the Xenos acting the same as the final game.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is the best Aliens game ever.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...