How does the game look and feel after the patch?

#1JirynPosted 3/19/2013 10:02:37 PM
After the 4-5 gig patch.. how does the game look and feel?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#2L4ndoGr1ff1nPosted 3/20/2013 6:58:11 AM
Marblesbunbun posted...

film grain effect makes the game terrible, that`s the 1st bad thing i noticed.
---
I only hate most people and tolerate the rest.
#3Jiryn(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:33:07 AM
L4ndoGr1ff1n posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...

film grain effect makes the game terrible, that`s the 1st bad thing i noticed.

*Laughs*
They added a Film Grain?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#4mimycriPosted 3/22/2013 7:49:42 AM
It's a cheap trick to cover up low detail textures. Mass Effect 1 had it as well for that reason.
#5gjc2007Posted 3/24/2013 6:08:26 PM
it was either that or cell shade it
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#6some09guy IIPosted 3/24/2013 6:39:21 PM(edited)
mimycri posted...
It's a cheap trick to cover up low detail textures. Mass Effect 1 had it as well for that reason.

Blatantly false. It's used to try to replicate the old school style. Mass Effect it was even an option, one which reduced performance. In this game it's the darker lighting which is being used to cover up lower detail, though the textures are considerably improved. Can actually read words on various monitors.

Anyway, the film grain is a bit over-the-top. Probably be another patch to reduce it. Otherwise the environments look a good deal better. Combined with the AI patch and UBA, the game's actually difficult now, and looks like more of a successor to Aliens.
#7Jason_Ryu_3Posted 3/24/2013 9:15:09 PM
some09guy II posted...
mimycri posted...

Blatantly false. It's used to try to replicate the old school style. Mass Effect it was even an option, one which reduced performance. In this game it's the darker lighting which is being used to cover up lower detail, though the textures are considerably improved. Can actually read words on various monitors.

Anyway, the film grain is a bit over-the-top. Probably be another patch to reduce it. Otherwise the environments look a good deal better. Combined with the AI patch and UBA, the game's actually difficult now, and looks like more of a successor to Aliens.

I like that the game is harder, but I think it's a little over the top how 2 direct acid spits put you at critical health, or 2 basic xeno slashes can kill you from full health (no armor)....

and yeah, the game looks noticeably better
---
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/Jason_Ryu/MS%20Paint/Jason_Ryu.jpg
Soul Silver FC: 1979 0236 8128
#8sonicteam2k1Posted 3/26/2013 9:41:39 AM(edited)
can the film grain be disabled?

also if i installed some graphics mods, will this patch effect the mod? will i need to uninstall??

also where is the save files stored just in case I need to reinstall?
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#9some09guy IIPosted 3/26/2013 2:48:52 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...

There's a mod out somewhere or another.

also if i installed some graphics mods, will this patch effect the mod? will i need to uninstall??

Depends on the graphics mod. If it's a texture mod then the mod will probably overwrite the patch still.

It should have an option to keep your saves if you uninstall. Especially if it's steam. Hell, I had to replace my entire hard drive recently and I had everything unlocked when I downloaded again to check out the patch.
#10teehee23Posted 3/26/2013 5:54:20 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...

Gearbox said recently there will soon be an update to turn the filter on/off.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...