Any pictures of the world map yet?

#1thefinaloraclePosted 8/10/2008 1:19:59 PM
Looked all over the web and I can not find it. At most all I can find is the mini map of a small part of a continent.

Major thanks in advance!
---
Dwells on the RPG boards.
#2miyuki308Posted 8/10/2008 1:20:48 PM
Doubt it. You have to "open up" the world map after you walked through it, Tales of Innocence style.

---
Current BGM: PeperonP feat. Hatsune Miku - Garasu no Hitomi
#3thefinaloracle(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2008 2:40:15 PM
Figures.........................oh well I guess it gives it more of an exploring feel. I think it said in the first trailer that no one knows how far the world and oceans stretch. Hopefully it will be added in a few days.

---
Dwells on the RPG boards.
#4NecronmonPosted 8/10/2008 2:41:16 PM
Wait, your telling me that copped out and got rid of the world map and made it like the newer FF games to? Damn it the Tales game were the only ones left that had a real world map! Why is it the newer systems can;t handle this?
#5miyuki308Posted 8/10/2008 2:53:15 PM
Errr there was a world map in ToI, but it was that usual waaay zoomed out one that's deadly small. The actual mini-map, you have to open it up by stepping to the actual land or it stays gray.

---
Current BGM: PeperonP feat. Hatsune Miku - Garasu no Hitomi
#6GoblinsSquigPosted 8/10/2008 2:53:34 PM
They didn't get rid of the world map, it's there.. you just cant see places on the mini map til you explored it.
#7RpgmonkeyPosted 8/10/2008 2:59:02 PM
Damn it the Tales game were the only ones left that had a real world map! Why is it the newer systems can;t handle this?

I think few want to do a world map anymore because they're newer systems.

It has it's place, but not everyone wants to show their world with a world map, and instead choose more "to scale" maps or make the whole world more seamless and connected.

To be honest I would love for a Tales game to get rid of the world maps they use and try making something more properly scaled and/or make progressing the world feel more seamless.
---
Rpgmonkey
Anticipating:FFXIII (PS3), SO4 (360), ToV (360), FFvXIII (PS3), DQIV (DS), DQVI (DS), ToH (DS), IU (360), DQIX (DS), P4 (PS2).
#8DeadlyZodiacPosted 8/10/2008 3:07:53 PM

GoblinsSquig posted...
They didn't get rid of the world map, it's there.. you just cant see places on the mini map til you explored it.

If that's the same was as Abyss then it might annoy me. Aside from technical issues, my only problem with Abyss was that whenever they told me to go somewhere new half the time I couldn't figure out where in the hell it was even with the synopsis.

I guess I have a bad sense of direction or something.

#9RepedeTheDawgPosted 8/10/2008 3:11:22 PM
I have a problem with finding locations too. :|
---
Yeah, make out the true lies - only if you realize, here are nobodies' lies, to be sterilized. Stop the guerrilla warfare to keep it fair...something something.