Building Aurnion

#1stryker115Posted 9/12/2008 6:00:44 AM
I am about to get the 4th spirit and assume that Aurnion is coming up soon. My question is - it sounds like Aurnion is a city you can help rebuild, but it's optional. On this playthrough I missed Judith's Spear, Estelle's Teacher, and the Duke line.

I have done all SMs and the dog map though - how much of the city needs to be built to get those two titles? I don't want to build the whole thing if I'll be doing it on the next playthrough anyway.
---
"Invader's blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! THE PANTS COMMAND ME!"
#2FujibayashiSuzuPosted 9/12/2008 6:09:35 AM
I believe there is 3 steps. You'll need to find various materials for all 3 (I forget exactly what they are except for you'll need a Greenlight Gem for the 3rd step. They drop from Fireflys that only spawn at night around Nordopolica) and 500,000 gald for the 3rd step.

I really miss the ToS system of helping to build a town from the ground up. That was a ton more fun then this since even after doing those 2 steps there's no change in the town until the 3rd and even then I didn't have anything happen so I'm sure I just missed triggering something.
#3stryker115(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2008 6:11:52 AM
Hmm... so can I still get the True Knight and Dog Map titles if I don't fully build it?
---
"Invader's blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! THE PANTS COMMAND ME!"
#4FujibayashiSuzuPosted 9/12/2008 6:13:10 AM
I think it has to be fully built. I didn't get anything for rebuilding it myself but I'm sure this is just because I haven't trigger some inn-related or person-related event.
#5stryker115(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2008 7:35:35 AM
Does anyone know for sure, for those two titles specifically? I'd rather save the money/materials for the second playthrough, but I sure as hell don't want to do the SMs all again.

Can Aurnion at least be built up AFTER completing the game?
---
#6zelosjrPosted 9/12/2008 7:47:09 AM
I really miss the ToS system of helping to build a town from the ground up. That was a ton more fun then this since even after doing those 2 steps there's no change in the town until the 3rd and even then I didn't have anything happen so I'm sure I just missed triggering something.

ToS's town was impossible to build without a guide though, because it was timed and certain steps would make it impossible to complete if you donated too much or too little.
---
Lloyd = Obama.
He hasn't done anything with his life, but he's highly idealistic and wants to even though he has no idea how.
#7chris1001 the sequelPosted 9/12/2008 7:48:45 AM
I got True Knight after doing only one of the steps.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#8FujibayashiSuzuPosted 9/12/2008 7:50:17 AM
You only needed a guide for Luin for the Gald amounts as far as I recall. >.> It was a lot easier and more fulfilling then Aurnion where your work seems to have no effect.

At least with Luin I felt like I BUILT the whole thing.
#9zelosjrPosted 9/12/2008 7:53:14 AM
You only needed a guide for Luin for the Gald amounts as far as I recall. >.> It was a lot easier and more fulfilling then Aurnion where your work seems to have no effect.

At least with Luin I felt like I BUILT the whole thing.

The entire process was donating gald 16 times in veeeery specific amounts, saying it's the "only" thing is a bit misleading. The only part that wasn't requiring a guide was triggering the event.

But yeah, if you had the 3 million needed for Luin it was a lot easier and a lot cooler.
---
Lloyd = Obama.
He hasn't done anything with his life, but he's highly idealistic and wants to even though he has no idea how.
#10FujibayashiSuzuPosted 9/12/2008 7:55:24 AM
I had over 3 million in Symphonia without ever really trying. Gald becomes so useless about half way through the game or something.

Or basically as soon as the arena is open since you can snag the ultimate weapons right then and there.