Help accessing Bonus/Secret Dungeon

#1AtheistPreacherPosted 9/13/2008 8:45:01 PM

Okay, I'm getting a little paranoid here, because I don't want to miss the bonus dungeon. I'm on my second playthrough, and I keep going to Yormgen and the Sage's house at every opportunity, but there's never anyone there, and I'm worried I'll go past the point of return and never get the scene needed.

Every time I go inside the Sage's, there's just this door that says there's a really old lock that can't be opened, or something like that, and there's nobody there.

Can someone tell me at *exactly* what point I need to go to Yormgen? And do I need some kind of item to open that locked door? What be the deal?

Thanks!!!

#2stryker115Posted 9/13/2008 8:47:41 PM
You're going to the "old" Yormgen, right?

I went there right before going into Zaude and the sage was there. Any time I checked before then the portal wasn't there.
---
"Invader's blood marches through my veins, like giant radioactive rubber pants! THE PANTS COMMAND ME!"
#3AtheistPreacher(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2008 9:01:25 PM

Hmm... okay. I'm just in Egothor Forest right now, I was getting worried that I was getting too far in.

Thanks!

#4FdshadowPosted 9/13/2008 9:06:09 PM
I think you need to see the cutscene when Phaeros fails to deactivate Zaude, I think. Might be too late, however... can you exit Zaude once you enter it for the first time?
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein.
GT- Vireyex
#5RarutosPosted 9/13/2008 9:08:35 PM
Yes, you can.
---
Chroche Latel Pastalie's #1 fan!
#6AtheistPreacher(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2008 9:41:50 PM

Okay, well I just finished with Egothor (meaning Myorzo just got unlocked) and now the Sage is *there*, but he didn't really say anything to me.

I just thought that I'd heard someplace else that you had to talk to the Sage before Estelle was captured or you couldn't get the Dungeon. Hmm...

Well, I'll just keep lots of back up saves and press on at least until Zaude...

#7AtheistPreacher(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2008 10:11:32 PM

!!!

Ummmmmmmm.... yeeeeaahhhh...

So I had forgotten exactly how the story progressed. I entered Myorzo, Estelle got captured, and then I immediatley go to Yormgen, and it's been reduced to desert once again.

I was under the impression that you had to get something from the Sage *before* that happened.

Help! Did I do something wrong?

#8VeghEstherPosted 9/13/2008 10:14:23 PM
minor spoilers just in case:-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Step 1 enter the Phaeroh's Crag before entering Zaude and talk to the sage and sleep at his house when you can.

Step 2: beat the game first and after you load the cleared data file go back to the sage in step 1 for a book.

Step 3: enter dahngrest and the bonus dungeon opens up automatically.
#9FdshadowPosted 9/13/2008 10:14:41 PM
Its fine, you need to go to Yormgen using the timewarp in Phaeros Crag just/during Zaude, not into the present Yormgen.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein.
GT- Vireyex
#10AtheistPreacher(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2008 10:40:08 PM

Okay... good... heart slowing down...

Sorry to be so high-maintenance and paranoid, I just don't want to waste 20 hours of my life missing this thing...

Thanks!