Flamberge/Chain and Azure Storm: learning the arte?

#1MENEFREGOPosted 9/16/2008 9:19:21 AM
I'm in the desert now and I picked up the Flamberge for Yuri and learned the chain skill. I used Azure Storm a bunch of times, and it said "new arte learned" (so I can use it without having the sword, or the skill equipped) but in Yuri's artes menu it still only has Azure Edge, not Azure Storm. Is there another step I need to do?
#2Ark_of_TwilightPosted 9/16/2008 9:21:25 AM
Check the bottom of your Artes list. You should see a new symbol with Azure Storm there
---
"XBox 360?! What happened to versions 2 to 359?!" ~Sarge RvB
"My new treasure has a first name, its R-A-R-E" ~Mireille
#3awaKening16Posted 9/16/2008 9:21:56 AM
No you have to have the actual skill (chain) for azure storm to work. If u dont have that equiped it will go back to azure edge. So learn chain, equip the skill, and you'll be able to use azure storm w/o the flameberg
#4MENEFREGO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2008 9:24:37 AM
I have the skill, but it says I can learn the arte without the skill, which I think I did.
#5Ark_of_TwilightPosted 9/16/2008 9:26:49 AM
Ah. You have to have the skill equiped and use Azure Storm 100 times before it actually goes into your artes list
---
"XBox 360?! What happened to versions 2 to 359?!" ~Sarge RvB
"My new treasure has a first name, its R-A-R-E" ~Mireille
#6amward2001Posted 9/16/2008 9:27:31 AM
You need to use the altered arte a certain number of times before it becomes a seperate arte that you can equip without having chain turned on in the skill menu.

I believe it is 100 times.

There is a counter telling how many times you have used the altered arte when you press start over the original arte.
#7MENEFREGO(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2008 9:28:26 AM
Yeah, I've used it at least 100 times. I got the "new arte learned" message in combat (when the battle stops and it zooms in on Yuri).
#8amward2001Posted 9/16/2008 9:39:58 AM
How many times does it say you've used the altered arte ?

Once you have used it the required amount of times you will have a seperate arte that you can equip listed at the bottom of your artes. (make sure you scroll down all the way)

I have Pyre Havoc and Shining Fang Drop for Yuri and they have a little sunburst beside them.
#9EvelgestPosted 9/16/2008 9:42:50 AM
Altered Artes are at the very bottom of the list. Have you been looking there? Azure Edge should be where it was before, while Azure Storm's at the bottom.
#10Duo_Maxwell86Posted 9/16/2008 9:48:14 AM
"Yeah, I've used it at least 100 times. I got the "new arte learned" message in combat (when the battle stops and it zooms in on Yuri)."

It requires 100 uses. Select Azure Edge in your Artes menu. Press start to go to the second page of it's details. It'll show Azure Storm and how many times you've used it.
---
"If you let your guard down any lower you'll trip over it." -Raven
GT: JenovasxWitness PSN: Jenovas_Witness