Combos for Raven...

#1runeseekerbabusPosted 9/22/2008 6:22:56 PM
Can anybody tell me Raven's most effective (in your opinion) short and long range combos for Raven? I plan on maining him for this playthrough, but since I've never played as him before, I would like to hear some combos from people who have.

Thanks in advance.
#2jihadwarriorPosted 9/22/2008 6:31:44 PM
For me...
Long Range. Rain x2, Rainsong, Crime.
And from my experiences you can only do the two part range once youre in the middle of a combo.

Short Range: Rain Of Heavens Tears -> Falling/Flying.
or
Dark Chase ->Falling Further -> Falling

To me Around, Around & Around and Just Like Dancing are pretty horrible close range artes.
Just Like Dancing only hits 3 times for not very much damage and both Around artes come out very slow and arent very good for combos.
---
Now if you'll excuse me, Im goin scuba diving with Chris Tucker and Aqua Man.---
XBL Gamertag--- Rambro987
#3jihadwarriorPosted 9/22/2008 6:36:23 PM
EDIT: And from my experiences you can only do the two part rain once youre in the middle of a combo.
---
Now if you'll excuse me, Im goin scuba diving with Chris Tucker and Aqua Man.---
#4runeseekerbabus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2008 6:45:02 PM
Thanks for the combo advice. I'll try these as soon as I can.

If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to post them.
#5758271Posted 9/22/2008 6:46:10 PM
tempest. period.
---
dream theater is my god and religion. GT:Bandinaboy
#6UryvichkPosted 9/22/2008 6:51:14 PM
For melee, Around -> Around & Around -> The Wind's Rage or Punishment is decent. Around does a lot of damage, Around & Around doesn't really but if it pushes the enemy away, Wind's Rage/Punishment turns into Wind's Howl/Crime which does decent damage. Around -> The Wind's Rage is okay for a one-two punch for decent damage.
#7ScottyDelialPosted 9/22/2008 7:00:27 PM
Alright kids. You'll want to equip Raven's Skill Change style. 1 AND 2, for these options. I personally was messing around, and found some nifty combos. When you use the change styles, the moves of like this work. My current favorite combo is starting off with Violet Snake ( It turns to Violet Weasel when you're in close and have the skills, and does one hit for impressive damage. It's really quick too, so blow it up in a over limit, and you rack up BIG damage fast. )

For short range, I use it like this. And Just like Dancing, as usual with moves, gets more hits with more usage, so USE IT UP! I get a good six hits with it. But anyway, the short range combo for me is.

Violet Weasel -> Around and Around -> Crime or Just Like Dancing.
I when you hit a enemy with A and A, it spins in the first hit if it doesnt block, and then gets sent away to long range distance for Raven's Artes. When it's sent away, use crime for a big multi hit finish on that. Or if it's in close, use Just like Dancing for more hits, As opposed to the short range version of Crime, which is punishment, basically a two hit strike that does decent damage.

Now for the long range combo. I'd have no idea what to do, I try to use the multi hit moves, but i dont think he has a decent base to hit with. Rain isn't that great, and the other skills don't work. Maybe Violet Snake is the best option, but since it knocks the enemy over, its not useful for combos. Anyone with a good idea would be better to ask.

I do Rain -> Random Altered arte -> And then finish with the Winds howl.. Or Falling Star. I use FS cause it's a multi hit skill that knock the enemy back with each hit. Or I'd use Crime to finish it off, if it wouldnt be hit much by the initial idea. Feel free to add on to this. :3

But then of course, Raven has a skill he learns where you can just hold A, and fire arrows endlessly. Not sure how that works. xP
#8ScottyDelialPosted 9/22/2008 7:04:14 PM
Oh, and if the monster is big size, finish the combo with Azure Heavens, instead of Crime. More hits on big things. :D Plus if you kill it, the arrows will land on the next targeted enemy. :D
#9runeseekerbabus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2008 7:14:46 PM
Wow. I would've used him earlier if I had known he was this good. The only problem I have would be that at close range, the basic attacks don't all come out, and because of that, he tends to not use his artes afterwards. Should I not bother with the basic strikes and just use the artes?
#10jihadwarriorPosted 9/22/2008 7:48:19 PM
or short range, I use it like this. And Just like Dancing, as usual with moves, gets more hits with more usage, so USE IT UP! I get a good six hits with it. But anyway, the short range combo for me is.

I did not know that...
I really wish there was a list of artes that got better with usage.
I do searches for "artes" and "usage" and I only find things about fireball.

---