Best place to train up?

#1Wafles_Posted 11/24/2009 1:00:05 AM
I'm around level 62 with all my characters, and Duke's 3rd form is insanely difficult, so I think I wouldn't mind pushing out 5-6 more levels til I fight him, but leveling up in the cave right before him only gets me about 2k exp each fight, which would take quite a while to just level up on. =\

Is there some place I can go on the world map that will be better?
---
Maple: Demethos. WaflesV3. 14x Night Lord. On Hiatus.
XBL: requiemswordPlaying: Borderlands
#2t_EphYPosted 11/24/2009 2:00:20 AM
If you feel like leaving your 360 on for a while, go fight Brutal. Use Estelle's invincibility trick, equip everybody's minimum damage weapons, and leave your 360 on for a few hours. My characters went from in their 20s to in their 60s after five hours with 1/2 EXP activated. Assuming you're on your first playthrough, an hour or so should work out. It's also a surprisingly good place to work on arte usage, or combos as long as none of the casters interrupt you.
---
GT - EphY
#3DragoonKnight23Posted 11/24/2009 3:27:21 AM
The above poster trick to level up is good, as well.

For me its the clearing area next Mt. Temza, but you need to do at least up to level 3 of the dragon races to get an item for Ba'ul to land there. In that area on a day when its having some sandstorm, there will be nothing but Gentle golems that will give 2500xp for each killed, get two in a fight 5000xp and so forth, other wise on any other day there will be nothing but gentlemen there.

Other than the EX dungeon in the second playthrough, this probably the best to level up.
---
"To be forgotten is worse than death." ~Freya Crescent, FF9
#4Wafles_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2009 9:23:50 AM

If you feel like leaving your 360 on for a while, go fight Brutal. Use Estelle's invincibility trick, equip everybody's minimum damage weapons, and leave your 360 on for a few hours. My characters went from in their 20s to in their 60s after five hours with 1/2 EXP activated. Assuming you're on your first playthrough, an hour or so should work out. It's also a surprisingly good place to work on arte usage, or combos as long as none of the casters interrupt you.

Could you explain this a little better? I don't know how to do the invincibility trick.
And Brutal is one of the Giganto monsters, right?
---
#5RageBattlePosted 11/24/2009 9:46:32 AM
Brutal is the giganto outside Deidon Hold. For the trick, equip the eternal support skill and spam force field until it takes effect. Voila.
#6Wafles_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2009 11:03:02 AM
Alright, then why is minimum damage used?
I'm a little lost =x
---
#7t_EphYPosted 11/24/2009 12:13:27 PM
Minimum damage is used so that you don't actually kill Brutal (every hit, including fatal strikes on Brutal, will do 1 damage). Brutal has an ability that will have him summon minions, which you will be killing with fatal strikes. The minions will give you experience, and the fatal strikes will give you a lot of bonus experience. Once everybody is invincible, you can actually set your whole party to auto and go have lunch or something.

Also, if you have any artes that you need to get high usage for (Fireball, Brutal Fang, Karol's healing smashes, etc.), this is a good place to let your characters use them.
---
GT - EphY
#8Wafles_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2009 12:56:28 PM
Alright thanks.
---
#9Wafles_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2009 1:16:08 PM
Another possible issue, I don't have "Force Field"

Where do I get it? It's not an altered arte as far as I can tell either..... =\
---
#10RageBattlePosted 11/24/2009 1:45:43 PM
You get it as part of the sidequest chain in Halure with the kids,elder, and tree.