200 hit combo...

#1KasumiSchoolgrlPosted 11/24/2009 9:57:44 PM

Okay, so I'm about to face the final (main game) boss, and I still don't get this combo thing.

I have gone into Yuri's skills and turned on all the Combos I can find, but am not sure what to do to get a 200 hit combo. Apparently someone, somehow, has gotten 117, but if it was me, I don't know how I did it. Thanks in advance!

#2KasumiSchoolgrl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2009 10:15:39 PM

...just to clarify the above, I turned on Super Chains 1 through 5 on his skills. Also, he is at level 97 and has all artes except Shining Eagle and Tiger Blade, since I missed the sidequests, in my dive-in-headfirst strategy for first time playthroughs...

#3KrobelusPosted 11/25/2009 12:15:49 AM
if you only want his combo titles you do not have to do it with Yuri(though he likely needs to be in the party)...i used Bloody Howling...
---
The only equal to myself, is myself
#4xoAxeloxPosted 11/25/2009 12:40:27 AM
there are multiple ways to achieve high combos.

the easiest is with rita. if you have the right skill set, you can achieve an infinite combo with her easily, but i'll have someone else explain; i'm too lazy.

to achieve high combos with yuri, you need the tension skills for him,(high tension, hyper tension, and ultimate tension) which are achieved from synthesizing tyrant fist, yuri's best sub-weapon.

the tension skills put yuri into OL once he gets a high enough combo; you need a 28-hit combo to be put into level 1 OL, a 50-hit combo for level 2 OL, and a 72-hit combo for level 3 OL. there are no restrictions to being put into OL through tension skills; the only downside is that the amount of time yuri is in OL is half of the original amount that you would get from going into OL normally.

to infinite combo with yuri, super chain skills and/or ability plus skills and tension skills. use artes such as shining fang that quickly rack up hits for your combo; once you're put into level 1 OL, you have no restrictions, and from that point, it should be easy getting to level 3 OL.

you have to make sure you turn on either chain and hell fire or great deluge and dispersion. this activates a specific burst arte for yuri; either blaze or flood. once you're nearing the end of your level 3 OL, use an arcane arte, use a burst arte, then free-run attack and repeat the process.
---
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL
Playing: H3, ToV, CC, BaM:L, Fable II
#5KasumiSchoolgrl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2009 2:00:22 AM

Wow! I'll have to print all that out and study it... Thanks!

Perhaps someone can help me with the Rita method, if it's simpler- I have all the skills I can get for all chars (minus a few missed due to subquests, I guess...), but I'm obviously still pretty clueless as to what you can do with them all... I really haven't played any other chars (except when forced to) but will need to for the Coliseum.

#6JC_VertigoPosted 11/25/2009 4:32:42 AM
Shining Fang > Brutal Fang > Dragon Swarm / Shining Fang drop

That should get you started, once you get that, just make sure Tension is active (like above) and use mutli-hit artes (Shining Fang / Dragon Swarm), Also, Make sure you have the skill for Yuri that allows you to tap B to add more hits to the Mystic Arte.
---
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." - Altair
GT:Rewir3d
#7RageBattlePosted 11/25/2009 10:44:42 AM
For Rita, there's a section in the Grade Faq with links to Youtube vids showing you what you need to do. It's the grade farming technique if you haven't heard of it, you should get the combo by doing that easily.
#8KasumiSchoolgrl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2009 12:57:50 PM

Thanks everyone... now I'll just have to practice! :D

#9ShojiTheBluePosted 11/25/2009 1:33:26 PM
Yuri combos are hot, but Judith combos are SEXY! :p
---
It is the job, no, the right of the superior to remind the lessers of their place.~Yuber
#10anubis609Posted 11/25/2009 3:33:51 PM
Also, Make sure you have the skill for Yuri that allows you to tap B to add more hits to the Mystic Arte.

It should be noted that this is for the combo ender when you're ready to finish off the boss/enemy that you're fighting.
---
I don't keep it real. I keep it right.
It's not a censor bypass if I pass by censors... Huh?