Region lock??

#11ReBirtHFlamE1Posted 7/11/2010 11:34:56 PM
I was wondering, if I bought the European PAL version of the game, will it still work on an Australian/New Zealand XBOX? There's no region lock on the 360 I hope because I really want this game!
Ps. I know that generally only NTSC doesn't work on PAL consoles but I just want to make sure, what with new technology these days :S
---
I fell into darkness, and couldn't find the light- Cloud KH
If there truly is evil, it lies within the heart of mankind- Edward .D. Morrison Tales of Phantasia
#2liltaggPosted 7/11/2010 11:41:11 PM
The 360 is region locked, though I don't know enough about the consoles to actually answer your question.

But in case you have a PS3, you should get that version. A lot of extra content that they never added to the 360 version, not even as DLC.
#31ReBirtHFlamE1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2010 11:51:13 PM
Thanks for your help! Hopefully someone can tell me if I can play European games on a New Zealand console... I assume u can because it's format is PAL :S....

Ps. What differences are there? Because I won't get a ps3 until like a year or two, if even :/
---
I fell into darkness, and couldn't find the light- Cloud KH
If there truly is evil, it lies within the heart of mankind- Edward .D. Morrison Tales of Phantasia
#4liltaggPosted 7/12/2010 12:10:33 AM
Actually I lied about the PS3 part. You can't get it unless you're in Japan, haha. I didn't realize they only released the PS3 version in Japan, my fault.

But as for the differences:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Vesperia#PlayStation_3_Enhanced_Port

Which is a ton more than I actually thought there were.