Save file glitch?

#1TheGodDestroyerPosted 7/29/2013 8:45:20 PM
I've brought Fez from the Steam sale about a couple weeks ago as it looked like a very cool game to play from watching the Indie Movie. But from reading up on it a bit more, there seems to be a glitch that causes your save to be corrupted somehow. I would be just fine waiting for it to be patched as I've got a ton of other titles to play, but since Phil Fish himself left the game industry all together, it doesn't look like that will happen now.

Do I have to worry about it? Is it very common? Or is this just an Xbox 360 thing? I can't find anything about it on the PC, but I want to make sure.
#2SeseruPosted 7/31/2013 11:37:45 AM
Its an XBox360 thing. Also, updates and ports are still being made for Fez. This is confirmed by the programmer for Fez, Renaud.

Additionally, the GOG version has been receiving updates first. This is just due to the quickness of certification compared to Steam. You should be receiving the latest update soon.

The only bugs you have to be concerned about is the random crashes, graphical errors, and sound cutting out. That is all. The game is still playable.
#3TheGodDestroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:56:52 PM
Seseru posted...
Its an XBox360 thing. Also, updates and ports are still being made for Fez. This is confirmed by the programmer for Fez, Renaud.

Additionally, the GOG version has been receiving updates first. This is just due to the quickness of certification compared to Steam. You should be receiving the latest update soon.

The only bugs you have to be concerned about is the random crashes, graphical errors, and sound cutting out. That is all. The game is still playable.

Yeah, I've heard about the GOG version, but only after I bought the game from Steam. But the game is still receiving updates? That's great to hear that it wasn't just abandoned. Thanks!