FEZ II cancelled on the account of gamers being morons

#31ferdk16Posted 8/7/2013 10:01:50 AM
You're just a hater, dude.

Cave Story and FEZ are only similar in what the character looks like and the fact that they're 2D platformers. Other than that, they're COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES.
You have to be mental to compare these games. They play nothing like each other. And if you felt dissapointed about FEZ's lack of challenge, you didn't even get what the game was about. It never was about reflexes, reaction, or that kind of challenge. The fact that you can't die should give it away. Not all games are about challenge, if you fail to see this, then you're missing out on a huge portion of gaming.
---
Latest Video: Bike Chase (Chrono Trigger) [HD]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykuONB4U0BU
#32VirgateSpyPosted 8/13/2013 8:45:00 PM
Lum_Invader posted...
I had a good feeling you were going to reach for the Mario argument, which is the oldest in the book and doesn't even apply to Fez. Copying a game's art style is not the same as creating a game within an established genre.

Every person who has played both Cave Story and Fez sees the similarities. I'm not the first to make that observation, nor will I be the last. IGN noted them 4 years before Fez was even released. You must see them too considering your carefully worded responses (i.e. "oblong-headed protagonist"). You're just downplaying the obvious here.

I've played both Cave Story and FEZ, and I say you're full of bullcrap. :P
#33Meatballsoup(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:15:24 AM
Anyone who thinks Cave Story is even remotely similar to Fez is either trolling or hasn't played both games and is making assumptions.

In both cases they are safe to ignore
#34WOCPosted 8/26/2013 10:45:03 PM
Meh.
---
"I killed him... with a SPOON!!!!"
#35TAoRPosted 9/11/2013 2:42:15 PM
Meatballsoup posted...
Anyone who thinks Cave Story is even remotely similar to Fez is either trolling or hasn't played both games and is making assumptions.

In both cases they are safe to ignore

Yeah really, how can they compare a great game like Cave Story to crap like Fez :/
#36digitalwill2000Posted 9/25/2013 8:02:23 PM
ferdk16 posted...
RHF posted...
http://i.imgur.com/rK6RfrYl.png

Yes, gamers' attacks on him were simply unjustified

Of all of those I know only one and it's already a false quote. The japanese games comment was made when asked about his OPINION on the RECENT games coming out of Japan. NOT on Japan as a whole, nor their whole game catalogue. He never denied he's inspired by old japanese games, that doesn't mean he can't speak his mind on the new ones which have nothing to do with FEZ. But maybe you heard it from a blog or something?

This stupid internet behavior of demanding political correctness of public figures while insulting them and their mothers is so hypocritical I don't know whether to facepalm or laugh at it.

I like how you imply Phil being an ass is justification for people to be an ass back at him, while most of the things he said on that picture are responses to others being asses at him, so by your logic he should be justified, right?

Phil is an ass. The people b****ing at him are, too. Gamers in general tend to be asses. We don't represent gamers guys, you probably would agree 12 year olds in Xbox Live and the haters sending death-threats to developers online are not good examples for society, yet when people use the word "gamers" to describe them, you feel the need to defend that flag. You're doing it wrong. If you want to prove gamers are not this hateful mob of idiots, then don't be one. If we want to take hold of the "gamer" title and want it to mean something positive, the first thing we need to do is admit the things that are bad within the gaming community. And even better, do something about it. Trolling a game developer who got more exposure than he could handle is not the right way to do it.

Its funny, the more you continued to try and sound smart, the more you proved the complete opposite.

You wouldnt survive a day in the real world kid

You're ight about one thing though: idiot gamers are ruining the industry...by blindly white knighting moron developers and pretending that their favourite games are flawless thereby sending the message to developers that its okay to slack off.
---
There was once a time when trolling didnt mean trolling. It meant 'criticism'. Somewhere along the line people stopped being able to take it.
#37kimimaru5Posted 10/6/2013 8:10:59 AM
This thread is so bad.

You know when you want to quote people and just completely annihilate their arguments, but then you read more and have an epiphany:

they actually believe what they are saying.
---
GT: Infinity Havoc ~ BlazBlue: Lambda/V13 ~ SSFIVAE: Dudley ~ UMvC3: Wesk/Tron/Frank ~ LoL: All Who Oppose
-Contradictory Conjunction User-
#38ferdk16Posted 10/11/2013 4:53:20 PM
digitalwill2000 posted...

Its funny, the more you continued to try and sound smart, the more you proved the complete opposite.

You wouldnt survive a day in the real world kid

Thanks for your enlightening maturity. You're a clear example of what I should strive to become.

By the way, I've been surviving in the "real world" for quite a while now, and I don't think I qualify for the "kid" adjective anymore. Maybe at heart :)
---
Latest Video: Battle Theme #2 (Final Fantasy XI)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIbmW8je97I
#39SamholyPosted 10/24/2013 4:04:53 PM
he took it way too personnal. some people just like to troll around. some people have no life and must be mean to others cause their life socks
there is a nice feature whcich can block users to comment or post :-)

oh well, at least we had Fez and im glad i could try this experience.
---
currently playing: dragon's crown
GTA5 AAAAWWW YEEAAAHHH!
More topics from this board...
The sound effects in FEZ?XDummyX17/12 1:13PM