This game is damn decent!!!!!!!!

#1ROHACOPEPosted 4/17/2008 8:35:18 PM
Are there so few with aspirations of decent baseball on the DS? Is this the reason this game goes unnoticed except by the "its gonna suck" snapperhead contingent that stinks up every other board with their pessimism?

Good baseball game BTW. Stylus controls are troublesome at first but after a while you wont want it any other way.
#2specialedPosted 4/18/2008 6:32:51 PM

Freewill brother, freewill.

One mans junk is another mans treasure, and vice versa.

Have at it and play till your hearts content. I will personally choose not to buy this 'baseball' game.

#3ROHACOPE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2008 9:05:07 PM
Okay, well "thanks" for the "input"..........
#4p22pqq2Posted 4/19/2008 6:27:29 PM
Please elaborate, what are your gameplay impressions? My major gripe with baseball games is the lack of the extra base hit except for the hr. For example, the ball is ripped in the game yet the runner stays on 1st. Do runners move aggressively on the basepaths? Also, are there a WIDE VARIETY of hits? For example, I rented the Bigs and thought, "not bad" until I noticed that 90% of hits were liners, very few ground balls and fly outs, and NO popouts as far as I could tell. I know this game is zany BUT how does the gameplay stand up?
#5ROHACOPE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2008 8:05:40 PM
Touchscreen controls guarantee that no 2 swings are the same. As for baserunning, after a hit, the bottom touchscreen displays an infield image, simply draw a line to the base of your choice. For example, if you hit a ball to the wall and you are already heading to first simply draw a line from 1st to 2nd to 3rd, easy.

Fielding works well enough that auto fielding need not be considered, to throw to fist draw a line from right to left on the touchscreen. Down to up for second, right to left for third, up to down for home, easily mastered.

Batting and pitching take some practice but its worth it because it is a unique interface style. This game proves to me that a full, liscences baseball game is easily possible on the ds.

Btw, it does feature full lineups of each team.
#6p22pqq2Posted 4/20/2008 6:32:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I think you are right, that a lot of people won't give it a second look. But I loved Baseball Simulator 1000 for the nes. Remember that one? I may have to at least give it a rent. Last question, is the game challenging? It looks lighthearted but won't be fun if you can blow out the CPU each and every game.
#7ROHACOPE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2008 7:33:21 PM
Difficulty level 1-5.

There will definately be a degree of challenge you like with one of them.
#8Mister MassielPosted 4/21/2008 5:14:12 AM
How is the customization?

Can you create a team from scratch, then run them through an entire season?

Thanks in advance...
---
I was racking up kills when most of you kids were still pooping in the tub.. --- Icepulse / Watchlaar / Momz Mabley
#9specialedPosted 4/21/2008 6:56:53 AM
Your welcome. Anytime.
#10Mister MassielPosted 4/21/2008 8:54:23 AM
I meant "thanks in advance" for any answers to my questions, slappy...
Not "TIA" for half-baked sarcasm.
---
I was racking up kills when most of you kids were still pooping in the tub.. --- Icepulse / Watchlaar / Momz Mabley