About smelting weapons/armor.

#1Cy_GogetenksPosted 7/21/2009 9:19:49 AM
Those that still read this board: What is your best formula for your weapons going from Steel up? Including each weapon and armor type and how many minions and of what type you put in to forge it and what it yelds as far as different percentages that you get by sacraficing your minions in the fasion that you did. Thanks in advance to those that post their concoction up.
---
PSN: Gogetenks, Metal Gear Online: Magnius Member of S.O.I. (Sons of Immaturity/Idiocy/Irresponsibility)
MGS4 4 Life!!!!
#2ghunt81Posted 7/21/2009 10:21:37 AM
Not sure about other stuff, but don't do anything to your helmet for awhile. I added a bunch of minions to my helmet, then found the mold for the "Harvesting Helmet" which allows you to gather more lifeforce, but it TAKES a lot of lifeforce to make it (like 300 brown, 50 red, 300 green and 50 blue).

You don't find it until you're a bit into the game, but it'd be worth it to save up some lifeforce to make it.
---
Good thing these guys aren't lumberjacks
#3Patriarch105Posted 7/21/2009 7:52:33 PM
Im not sure what your asking.

But if your asking whats the best things to upgrade per weapon I can tell you.

The Metals go

Steal
Duranium
Arcanium

You'll get plenty of money through the game to get every weapon and armor but focus on 1 weapon per type of metal until you have all the Armors and helmets from the other forges.

I went with Axes as they seemed to be the best unupgraded weapons.

When you have all the money you can want the strongest weapon in the game is actually the Arcanium sword. Not because it deals the most damage per strike but because the damage difference between the mace, sword and axe is so little that the only real difference between them is speed. Sword being the fastest.

To make your Overlord deal the most damage in the fastest amount of time dump only brown minions (Which increases Regular Damage) until it maxes out (I think it maxes at 150)

Fire Dmg is useless as some enemies are immune to it and otherwise its exactly the same as regular dmg and it DOESEN'T light people on fire.

Crit is useless because its the CHANCE to do more dmg not doing more dmg and you will do more if you just do regular damage.

Knockback is just a waste because no enemy should last that long for it to matter.

As for Armor I don't remember the stats just that they were all dumb except Health Regeneration Max that out and you'll never die.

I think the other stats were Increased Health, Increased Mana, and something else Magic was never important and if you collected all the objects you really have to much health anyway so increasing it is a waste.

Don't Bother upgrading anything till you have the last forge as the game isent all that hard.

I did test all the weapons and found that the Arc Sword with max regular damage did the most damage in the fastest time. All the abbyse items are useless except the Harvester Helmet which is only good if your collecting alot of lifeforce.
---
Please say why you added me if you do add me. PSN: Stryker105
#4Cy_Gogetenks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2009 8:11:57 AM
Okay so say i put all browns in my steel axe(I can easily get more borwn's because of the evil route i'm going) that should help increase it's damage at least till i get the last forge? About this health regeneration, should i even think of using it on any of the previous types of armor prior to the strongest material? This'll be my first full playthrough and i'd like to try and get as strong offensively and defensively as possible as fast as possible so i have a harder chance of dying out on the field if my minions are croaking lol
---
PSN: Gogetenks, Metal Gear Online: Magnius Member of S.O.I. (Sons of Immaturity/Idiocy/Irresponsibility)
MGS4 4 Life!!!!
#5Patriarch105Posted 7/23/2009 9:58:37 AM
Its not really needed to put any upgrades on any armor until you get Arcanium.

If you want to live the longest Health Regen is the best.

Weapons also arnt worth upgradeing till you get to the end. Its better to save up so you don't have to farm beetles in the arena after.

Once you get all the upgrades you'll have plenty of mana and health for what ever you want to do. If you were to die after geting all the upgrades and powering up your equipment you might want to consider reading instead of video games. But otherwise you shouldent worry unless your really bad.

---
Please say why you added me if you do add me. PSN: Stryker105
#6Cy_Gogetenks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2009 10:48:18 AM
lol i think i'd rather stick to video games, while i like a good read (i'm favorable to the Hannibal series) i prefer the interactivity of video games and thanks for the advice on the arcanum armor and weapons :)
---
MGS4 4 Life!!!!