Bioshock 1 storyline, please explain?

#1cadethebigshowPosted 11/3/2008 10:43:06 AM
I just beat Bioshock 1 but I do not fully understand the story. Please do not make fun of me, I paid attention and know most of it there are just a few details I don't get.

Can someone please explain to me why your character in the game was lured down to Rapture and controlled by Atlas? What was Atlas trying to get you to do?

Thanks
---
Lucky Number 8
#2crazyjonnycPosted 11/3/2008 10:54:51 AM
i think thats where bioshock 2 comes in.

---
This is my rifle. There are many like it but, this one is mine.
#3crazyjonnycPosted 11/3/2008 11:02:52 AM
oh and his name is Fontaine. atlas doesnt really exist.

---
This is my rifle. There are many like it but, this one is mine.
#4ilovearmpits25Posted 11/3/2008 11:27:07 AM
Iam pretty sure Fontaine/Atlas lured you down there to use you to destory Ryan and therefore making Fopntain the leader of Rapture....I think?
#5QuzonPosted 11/3/2008 2:29:01 PM
so Fontain wants to be a leader of a city thats pretty much doomed
---
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
#6Dino_HunterPosted 11/4/2008 6:02:09 AM

Fontaine/Atlas had you fast grown from a bastard child of Andrew Ryan (this is why only you can use the Vita chambers in rapture because atlas set them to only work for him and his family (you)), you were conditioned to obey any order with the phrase "would you kindly". fontaine and ryan were rivals to control Rapture. You were sent out of Rapture as a sleeper agent while rapture f*cked itself over in its civil war. Then you were sent back to Rapture, forced to crash the plane you were on into the sea and then Atlas uses you to overthrow Ryan and let Fontaine control Rapture.

And you know what happens from there I trust

#7Dino_HunterPosted 11/4/2008 6:02:54 AM
sorry, Ryan had the chambers set for himself and his family
#8cadethebigshow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2008 10:49:13 AM
wow.. I had no idea you played as Ryans son.
Thanks..wow, interesting.
---
Lucky Number 8