Does this game take place after the first Bioshock?

#1Smokey2186Posted 8/14/2009 2:39:19 PM
If so, what's this talk about the player being the first ever big daddy. The game would have to take place BEFORE Bioshock 1...
---
Death makes angels of us all, and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravenís claws - Jim Morrison
#2RaptureDenizenPosted 8/14/2009 2:45:28 PM
It takes place after BioShock.
#3AllHailViviPosted 8/14/2009 3:42:23 PM
I was as confuzzled as you were. Let me enlighten you. The story takes place after Bioshock 1, and the multiplayer portion takes place a year before the civil war of Rapture.
---
I have as much authority as the pope, just not as many people who believe it- George Carlin
#4Werndan101Posted 8/14/2009 4:27:35 PM
It's a Prototype Big Daddy you play, who got shut down because he had free will.
#5FullMetalNarutoPosted 8/14/2009 5:24:24 PM
I propose its probably about time to get an Info thread going about this game and get it stickied.
---
PSWii60 owner
#6ZipponPosted 8/14/2009 6:16:36 PM

It's crazy how many people jump to this same conclusion ("this can't be a character that predates Jack because we would have seen him!").

Rapture is a CITY. We didn't even scratch the surface in BS1.

#7Smokey2186(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2009 6:58:23 PM
^ lol no. I was just uneducated as to how we can be playing as the first big daddy in a sequel when we see big daddies all over the place in Bioshock 1. So I guess I'm lead to believe that while we were going through rapture in 1, the first big daddy was walking around in another area of rapture. Or, his suit was kept in a closet or something during Bioshock 1, and the new character puts it on at the start of Bioshock 2? I dunno. Or, he was asleep or something throughout Bioshock 1? Maybe Tenenbaum wake him up and wants to use him because of his ability to have free will/ use plasmids weapons at the same time?
---
Death makes angels of us all, and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravenís claws - Jim Morrison
#8Doctor Vulpes FoxPosted 8/14/2009 8:30:37 PM
During the single-player game, there will be flashback sequences telling you what happened to your character before the fall of Rapture.
---
"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."
#9HeffehPosted 8/15/2009 12:14:16 PM
Haha, I had to ask, too. Just be glad that everyone didn't e-tackle you for asking a question that everyone else has asked 8479385 times. =P

But yes. I think everyone has been confused about it at least once.
---
L, do you know Gods of Death love apples?
#10ghostadvPosted 8/15/2009 11:24:45 PM
What the hell is Tanenbaum still doing in Rapture though? I figured she would have left when you beat the game in the first Bioshock (provided that Bioshock 2 continues after the 'good' ending in Bio1)
---
Videogames are meant to be played. --- Liwi
More topics from this board...
DLC AchievementsMickk422418/29 8:55PM