Game informer review up - 8.25?

#1Chrono_teethPosted 2/8/2010 9:12:32 PM
http://gameinformer.com/games/bioshock_2/b/xbox360/archive/2010/02/08/review.aspx

I'd be lying if I wasn't surprised. Guess they're immersion junkies too. First above average review i've seen though, as most seem to either be perfect scores to low 9s. Apparently its mostly the same game as bioshock 1.
---
<:3c
#2b2trumpetPosted 2/8/2010 9:15:52 PM
I think the Mass Effect 2-ium virus is still active. I'm sure it would be having better scores if Mass Effect wasn't out.

Before, all the review people for the first game were like "This game would be perfect with some Multiplayer" and now they are complaining.
#3Chrono_teeth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 9:19:02 PM
I will admit though that game informer is pretty solid with their reviews, but I know for a fact that they have a high dislike for "if it feels the same, no matter how solid or good or improved it is, it doesn't feel new and fresh".

It feels strange. I half expected to them to say "Thats SO 2007". Its like a super nerdy hipster, especially more than ever lately. Gotta be new and different but the best at whats expected, which I dont get. :v
---
#4chakramstrikePosted 2/8/2010 9:34:27 PM
honestly ME2 wasn't anything too spectacular to write home about. don't get me wrong it was good, but it felt more like an expansion than a real game. not to mention changing the formula from the first one wasn't a too wise move on biowares part.

as for bioshock 2 due to lack of funds and reading some of the reviews i am hesitant to go out and get the game. i got the first game on a whim (not a big fan of FPS) and i fell in love with it. the atmosphere and gameplay were excellent. if what GI said then this game will sadly feel like ME2...an expansion rather than a full on game. i have to wait to see if i get the funds tomorrow like i ma hoping and planning (fingers crossed) and will go and get my copy to be the judge myself.
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=32139
#5Chrono_teeth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2010 9:36:42 PM
I never understood why people argue about things like this. If its good, why change it? Just improve and add a few new things when it comes to gameplay and core mechanics, isn't that it? Isn't that what sequels essentially are? :c
---
#6OspreyDawnPosted 2/8/2010 9:50:51 PM

chakramstrike posted...
honestly ME2 wasn't anything too spectacular to write home about. don't get me wrong it was good, but it felt more like an expansion than a real game. not to mention changing the formula from the first one wasn't a too wise move on biowares part.

as for bioshock 2 due to lack of funds and reading some of the reviews i am hesitant to go out and get the game. i got the first game on a whim (not a big fan of FPS) and i fell in love with it. the atmosphere and gameplay were excellent. if what GI said then this game will sadly feel like ME2...an expansion rather than a full on game. i have to wait to see if i get the funds tomorrow like i ma hoping and planning (fingers crossed) and will go and get my copy to be the judge myself.

Dude WTF? ME2 an expansion? Halo 3: ODST was an expansion, MW2 was an expansion but ME2? No way, if you had played through every nook and cranny, immersed yourself in every detail, fleshed out everything there is and there are still other options to be taken in a further 2 playthroughs, I can't see how you can ****ME2 as an expansion when I could get 50 hours out of one playthrough and still not be satisfied. On topic: I doubt the Bioshock review has anything to do with the effect of ME2, from everything I've seen and heard, it's the same gameplay tweaked and refined with a sub-par story with average multiplayer. Nothing to write home to about, but in saying that I'm a little bit prejudiced as I never saw the point to a Bioshock sequel anyway, the first is all that was needed.

#7chakramstrikePosted 2/12/2010 11:13:39 PM
/\...ummm yeah i did everything there was to do in it. and it felt so blah. i hated the new direction they decided to go with it. i did finish it but it did feel like an expansion. it won't deter me from buying the third game though.
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=32139
#8That1Kid_rulesPosted 2/14/2010 1:44:42 PM
Well idk why they factored that you "Don't Feel Like a Big Daddy"
Of course in the beggining you wont! YOUR A DAMN PROTOTYPE! your not a legit bouncer or rosie! you dont have tons of armor like them. thats why it takes a while to feel like one. They looked at you and fixed the kinks!
Thats almost why it isnt a 9.
The graphics i didnt want to change much because i wanted it to look like BIOSHOCK!
Also the multiplayer was suprisingly fun! i like it to an extent except map development!
i love this game and the story is genious!
if they make another one (i actually think another would be awsome) it either should continue from this one with Elanor or be a future of people finding Rapture...?
---
My parents think i lack att.... ooooh look a puppy!
#9themagicpainmanPosted 2/14/2010 1:45:41 PM
Honestly I could care less about what GI has to say about anything. After that AVP "Review"....
---
I WAS FROZEN TODAY.
Gamertag: A Armed Bear
#10InfinityZEROPosted 2/14/2010 2:11:02 PM

Dude WTF? ME2 an expansion? Halo 3: ODST was an expansion, MW2 was an expansion but ME2? No way, if you had played through every nook and cranny, immersed yourself in every detail, fleshed out everything there is and there are still other options to be taken in a further 2 playthroughs, I can't see how you can ****ME2 as an expansion when I could get 50 hours out of one playthrough and still not be satisfied. On topic: I doubt the Bioshock review has anything to do with the effect of ME2, from everything I've seen and heard, it's the same gameplay tweaked and refined with a sub-par story with average multiplayer. Nothing to write home to about, but in saying that I'm a little bit prejudiced as I never saw the point to a Bioshock sequel anyway, the first is all that was needed.

Let me rephrase what he was trying to say. He meant it was an expansion to Gears of War 2.
---
"Learn the lesson that George Lucas fails to learn: despite the fact that you created this series, it doesn't belong in your hands." Langis on Sonic