This game is the Devil May Cry 2 of the series.

#11Crimsin_GibletPosted 5/1/2013 8:17:02 PM
I prefer this game over Infinite any day. That's right, I went there.
---
If you desire to know the truth, you must also have the courage to accept it.
#12jakeDiLLaPosted 5/5/2013 11:30:38 AM
Crimsin_Giblet posted...
I prefer this game over Infinite any day. That's right, I went there.

I've been going there ever since I beat Infinite... it seems that most people think it's Bioshock 1>Infinite>2 but I just think people didn't give Bioshock 2 a fair shake based on it being developed by someone else.

I just don't get how people can say they loved 1 and hated 2 when they're almost identical games o_O
#13ThePyreThatBurnsPosted 5/7/2013 3:43:18 PM
Overly harsh.

I played through this game and wasn't impressed but, looking back, I think part of it was that I saved every Little Sister and thus would run afoul of the Big Sisters. (This is an area that they really dropped the ball on. Once is fun but having a Big Sister attack as a penalty EVERY single time you save/harvest all of them got tedious.) However, I confess that, especially after playing Infinite, I've been pondering getting this game again.

While I believe that it is the weakest of the three (Look, let me decide whether to knock off Lamb or not instead of putting these arbitrary conditions in), I did play through the whole thing.

Devil May Cry 2, on the other hand, is a game that I did not finish and have never had the slightest yearning to pick up again.
---
As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy-Abraham Lincoln
#14GhidoranPosted 5/7/2013 5:22:56 PM
Except DMC2 is a bad game, while BS2 is an excellent game, just too much of a rehash.
---
Movie, comic and game reviews from yours truly:
http://mcgreviews.blogspot.com
#15megathomPosted 5/10/2013 3:54:47 PM
Bioshock 2 is a great game, but it isn't the breakthrough that the first was. I'm replaying it right now (after playing Infinite and the original back to back), and I'm having a blast. My main complaint from my original play through still stands, in that it is very more-of-the-same, as it feels like the second half of Bioshock as opposed to a brand new game. Still great though, with just too much recycled from the first game.
---
Super Nintendo Chalmers