360 PC controller use?

#1VictreebongPosted 9/6/2010 6:25:18 PM
I've got a 360 controller and receiver attached to my laptop. Even after being associated with LIVE, the game does not accept it.

Can you play this game with a PC controller, or are you forced to use the keyboard and mouse?
---
"Pikablu, do you like being an idiot? I'm thinking either yes, or that you don't like it, but are anyway. I should poop on your chest right now."
#21ammaxPosted 9/8/2010 9:11:41 AM
Keyboard and Mouse is a lot better anyway.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax/ (reset 5/14/10)
http://dlcquickplay.com/xbox/iammaxhailme
#3muffinz10Posted 9/9/2010 12:26:58 AM
Why anyone would prefer to use a game controller for a FPS over M&K is beyond me. M&K is so superior that a game controller doesn't even begin to compare.

---
I'm against abortion, but I'm for killing babies.
#4n00b1337Posted 9/25/2010 12:30:47 AM
I plugged in my 360 controller before just to give it a go and it didn't seem to recognise it.
---
http://backloggery.com/n00b1337
#5DraugenCPPosted 9/26/2010 1:59:27 AM

BioShock 2 does not support controllers of any kind on the PC.

But like the others said, KB+M is a lot better anyway.

#6ShadowThaReaperPosted 9/28/2010 10:57:59 AM
No its not.

Having to cycle through weapons, ammo, and plasmids, or having to remember each button that each thing is bound to is horrible.

Game needs a damn controller, or at least a weapon select wheel for m&k.
#7Cloud19Posted 9/30/2010 10:42:56 PM
BioShock 2 does not support controllers of any kind on the PC.

Good. Force these scrubs to play an FPS the way it was meant to be played: with a freakin' mouse.
---
The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion...draws all things else to support and agree with it.--Sir Francis Bacon
#8gillriPosted 10/11/2010 2:30:19 AM

muffinz10 posted...
Why anyone would prefer to use a game controller for a FPS over M&K is beyond me. M&K is so superior that a game controller doesn't even begin to compare.

---
I'm against abortion, but I'm for killing babies.

actually it does comparte,very well in fact

I dont understand why people think that a keyboard and mouse is better anyway, I mean I prefer a controller over a KB/M as do alot of my friends

you get analogue movement, meaty triggers and force feedback making the shooting ultimately a more satisfying experience

M/KB has the accuracy, the controler has everything else

#9ZimmyPosted 10/12/2010 5:35:09 AM
Don't listen to the straw men who play the "kb and mouse is better anyway" instead of answering your question.

I own both versions and let me tell you, playing on the 360 is a joy and exactly how it is meant to be played.

If I am in the middle of a fire fight, I don't want to dive for the health key, or the plasmid up/down key as the Big Sister is throwing me around like a rag doll.
I doubt in real life, a Big Daddy would stop in a middle of a fight, and flip through a deck of cards to select a weapon and ammo combo.

2K could have easily solved the situation.

Either add the gamepad functionality for those that want it, can use it.
Add a radial system to the keyboard controls, so the game pauses while you select your weapon/plasmid (SP only)

2K refused to do either and seeing how they handled the DLC, it is clear they don't care.
#10albinon05Posted 11/10/2010 8:59:43 AM
Go to controller options and turn on the xbox360 controller. the menu will change an look exactly like the xbox360 one.

---
Have you played Atari today?
Power without the price.