360 PC controller use?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. BioShock 2
  3. 360 PC controller use?

User Info: Victreebong

Victreebong
6 years ago#1
I've got a 360 controller and receiver attached to my laptop. Even after being associated with LIVE, the game does not accept it.

Can you play this game with a PC controller, or are you forced to use the keyboard and mouse?
"Pikablu, do you like being an idiot? I'm thinking either yes, or that you don't like it, but are anyway. I should poop on your chest right now."

User Info: 1ammax

1ammax
6 years ago#2
Keyboard and Mouse is a lot better anyway.
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax/ (reset 5/14/10)
http://dlcquickplay.com/xbox/iammaxhailme

User Info: muffinz10

muffinz10
6 years ago#3
Why anyone would prefer to use a game controller for a FPS over M&K is beyond me. M&K is so superior that a game controller doesn't even begin to compare.
I'm against abortion, but I'm for killing babies.

User Info: n00b1337

n00b1337
6 years ago#4
I plugged in my 360 controller before just to give it a go and it didn't seem to recognise it.
http://backloggery.com/n00b1337

User Info: DraugenCP

DraugenCP
6 years ago#5

BioShock 2 does not support controllers of any kind on the PC.

But like the others said, KB+M is a lot better anyway.

User Info: ShadowThaReaper

ShadowThaReaper
6 years ago#6
No its not.

Having to cycle through weapons, ammo, and plasmids, or having to remember each button that each thing is bound to is horrible.

Game needs a damn controller, or at least a weapon select wheel for m&k.

User Info: Cloud19

Cloud19
6 years ago#7
BioShock 2 does not support controllers of any kind on the PC.

Good. Force these scrubs to play an FPS the way it was meant to be played: with a freakin' mouse.
The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion...draws all things else to support and agree with it.--Sir Francis Bacon

User Info: gillri

gillri
6 years ago#8

muffinz10 posted...
Why anyone would prefer to use a game controller for a FPS over M&K is beyond me. M&K is so superior that a game controller doesn't even begin to compare.

---
I'm against abortion, but I'm for killing babies.

actually it does comparte,very well in fact

I dont understand why people think that a keyboard and mouse is better anyway, I mean I prefer a controller over a KB/M as do alot of my friends

you get analogue movement, meaty triggers and force feedback making the shooting ultimately a more satisfying experience

M/KB has the accuracy, the controler has everything else

User Info: Zimmy

Zimmy
6 years ago#9
Don't listen to the straw men who play the "kb and mouse is better anyway" instead of answering your question.

I own both versions and let me tell you, playing on the 360 is a joy and exactly how it is meant to be played.

If I am in the middle of a fire fight, I don't want to dive for the health key, or the plasmid up/down key as the Big Sister is throwing me around like a rag doll.
I doubt in real life, a Big Daddy would stop in a middle of a fight, and flip through a deck of cards to select a weapon and ammo combo.

2K could have easily solved the situation.

Either add the gamepad functionality for those that want it, can use it.
Add a radial system to the keyboard controls, so the game pauses while you select your weapon/plasmid (SP only)

2K refused to do either and seeing how they handled the DLC, it is clear they don't care.

User Info: albinon05

albinon05
6 years ago#10
Go to controller options and turn on the xbox360 controller. the menu will change an look exactly like the xbox360 one.
Have you played Atari today?
Power without the price.
  1. Boards
  2. BioShock 2
  3. 360 PC controller use?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived