How many endings? No spoilers, please.

#1Wolf8250Posted 6/14/2010 12:35:38 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before, but I don't want to sift through 66 pages of topics.

Does anyone know how many different endings there are in AP?

My brother and I are on the fence about this game after reading some of the bad reviews. We may pick it up after a price drop.

---
Now Playing: Alan Wake, Red Dead Redemption, Dead To Rights: Retribution
Waiting For: Crackdown 2, Darkstar One
#2inoblePosted 6/15/2010 12:35:08 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/945401-alpha-protocol/55039043?page=2
---
Did you know that 'hustlin pimpste' anagrams to 'Lump in this pest?'
#3AceRoccolaPosted 6/15/2010 1:18:28 AM
Don't let the bad reviews sway you. The metacritic rating for Alpha Protocol is 73/100, which is not nearly as low as the critics' bawwing would imply.

Don't put so much stock in the negativity, and check the game out for yourself. It lacks the polish that could have made it a true classic, which is an unfortunate trend with Obsidian, but it's still a great game...which is also a trend with Obsidian.
#4vespa5Posted 6/15/2010 6:46:16 AM

I've played 4 playthroughs so far and I've gotten a slightly different story each time. Even when I think "Well, this is where SIE is going to ask me to do this......" a totally different dialogue is given to me instead. Each choice really does affect the dialogue of future characters down the road. The game gives a lot of Catch-22 decisions where either decision seems to be right or wrong. Very intertwined storyline.

#5DarquePosted 6/15/2010 9:21:08 AM
Several different endings with a TON of variations.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#6HappyDictatesPosted 6/15/2010 10:03:29 AM
AP has only 1 ending. its possibly the worst rpg ending ive ever seen.

there are variations to the final mission and horrible ending, but nothing that dramatically changes the way everything plays out.
#7darkentityPosted 6/15/2010 11:39:51 AM

umm yeah BULL and BULL.
the fact that there are THREE achievements for endings alone can be my source that you are wrong.

and in addition to those, there's variations. It's a shame your narrow minded view on the game prevents you from playing it more in greater depth but oh well.
---
once something becomes semi-popular the more "hardcore" fans have to find reason to show they are bigger fans than the average person.
#8dr_amy_bishopPosted 6/16/2010 11:19:53 AM
No, he's right, the game does have one ending, with variations. The sequence of maps and endgame cinematic are exactly the same no matter what.

There are a *lot* of variations though, in terms of how you handle the offer from Leland, who you choose as your handler, how conversations with various NPCs you meet at Greybox (Scarlet, Mina, Parker) go, and who the actual bosses are that show up at some of the designated boss fight locations (including the final boss fight) - it adds up to a lot of permutations. Also, many of the differences are based on decisions made earlier in the game or the accumulation of rep/dossier info over the course of the game, so you can't just save at the endgame and then see all the variations by replaying the last level over and over.
#9thefinalzapkeetPosted 6/16/2010 11:31:42 AM

there are variations to the final mission and horrible ending, but nothing that dramatically changes the way everything plays out.

oh now, it was probably the second worst ending in an RPG, next to KOTOR 2

it's not like obsiden did both gam....oh wait
---
Go the Distance (hercules) is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 18
#10thefinalzapkeetPosted 6/16/2010 11:36:40 AM
*obisden
---
Go the Distance (hercules) is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 18