Any predictions for the last new characters personas?

#1GhostsarecoolPosted 5/12/2008 6:23:12 PM
Any takers?

If I could guess (assuming we're dealing with Japanese mythology here...)

Three guesses each, from most likely to least...

Awesome Hat Kid - Benkei, Susanoo, Sojobo,
Pop Goddess - Uzume/Ame-No-Uzume, Amaterasu, Izanagi

For Hat, it's because Benkei is a fierce warrior often portrayed in theatre and drama.
For pop godess, it's becuase Uzume is the diety of entertainment and dance. (I...think?)

---
Dated some otaku chicks. Here are a few rules of thumb to remember:1. The odds are good, but the goods are odd. 2. By and large, they are bi and large.
#2Ghostsarecool(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2008 6:23:50 PM
Oh, and to anybody who guesses correctly when new info comes....

COOKIES!
---
Dated some otaku chicks. Here are a few rules of thumb to remember:1. The odds are good, but the goods are odd. 2. By and large, they are bi and large.
#3Trigger_WalnutPosted 5/12/2008 8:36:11 PM
Pop Goddess...
Figures a nickname I hate becomes popular with the board.
---
Contradiction
The truth may only be revealed to those who truly seek it. Otherwise, it is lost in the lies.
#4yhalothar__Posted 5/12/2008 11:14:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5David the GreatPosted 5/12/2008 11:50:19 PM
I don't think Benkei counts as mythology figure but you never know.

---
I sold my soul to the devil called Video Game.
"It is said that when men and women are put together disaster inevitably follows." - Exsedol Folmo
#6Modest_ModsoulPosted 5/13/2008 3:22:30 AM
If Benkei were in it, Miyamoto Musashi and his Ni Ten Ichi Ryu is a must!
---
'WE...ARE...GOING...TO...DIE!!!' - Indiana Jones
#7crazymonkey0987Posted 5/13/2008 3:55:00 AM
I'm still hoping for Amaterasu for Pop Goddess, but like someone pointed out in the Guess that Arcana thread, it's doubtful that her starting arcana will be a post-death arcana (i.e. Sun).
---
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1317/fenicetc2.png
Resources: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/elaice/sprite/
#8ElucerePosted 5/13/2008 6:18:41 AM
Issun Boshi for Hatboy. Based on the first trailer where his Persona is shown as miniscule and using a slash attack.

One inch samurai! Yosh!
---
Looking Forward: Chaos Wars, Persona 4
#9Lucis_FerrePosted 5/13/2008 11:30:11 AM
Izanagi is MC's Persona.

Pop Goddess' would be IzanaMI.

If it's that.*cough*Wouldn't be surprised*cough*

And who says Amaterasu would be Sun Arcana? She'd fit well in the Empress Arcana...=3 Mesa had an idea. BUT way to early to even consider it. I'll wait till Konohana-Sakuya's Arcana is revealed and Pop Goddess has her Persona named.

Uzume would also work well. Pop Goddess...the nickname says it all, and both of Uzume's main legends are related to the way she danced, notably how she lured out Amaterasu with the help of Omoikane.

They also relate to her getting naked both times, but that has little point here(outside wishful thinking*cough*)

I doubt Amaterasu and Susano-o would be initial Personas though. I mean they are fairly top-rung legend wise and power wise in the games(Susano-o was the highest(second highest in FES) Fool Persona after all.

But then again you don't get much more top-rung Japanese mythology wise than Izanagi...but I have my suspicions now there may be more to him than his initial Persona status insinuates.

On Captain Pistol, it's not like they all need gods as Persona. Kuma's Persona(w/e it's name is.) isn't...apparantly, from what I gather it's another name for the famous Peach Boy. So Benkei wouldn't be a surprise, man had an awesome legend.

Plus Captain Pistol strikes me as potentially the arrogant type, looking at his mannerisms thus far shown, so plot wise he may get knocked down a few knotches, in which case Benkei would fit well.

Looking at the Persona though this one-inch samurai sounds like an interesting and potentially appropriate one. I haven't played Okami and I'm only familiar with Amatsukami and some of the famous heroes and a couple of Kunitsukami outside those that have appeared in Lucifer's Call and Persona 3(never gave RKVTSA much of a play).

And I fail to see what's wrong with the nicknames. I kinda like 'em. =3 Ruhihihihihihi

---
Arcana XVII The Star: Hope presents itself, and your strength returns. You head forwards along the path, with new light ahead.
#10shiro_amayagiPosted 5/13/2008 11:44:07 AM
Amaterasu would be Sun Arcana because...well...

...She is the Sun Goddess after all.

I'd like to see our lovely redhead have Izanami as a Persona. We won't know for a little while longer, though, so we might as well chill out and let live.
---
Dawn_Wanderer: If Endrance was a pizza, what toppings would you put on him?
Slayer0: Shiro, then watch them fight over who should be on top of who.