Bufu? Agi?

#1nels9nPosted 5/11/2009 8:27:18 AM
I got a question. I don't know japanese.... but i just wanna know..

Does 'Agi' mean fire and 'bufu' mean ice in japanese?

If not, where is it adapted from?

Thx.
#2tasmanPosted 5/11/2009 8:33:41 AM
nope . i don't think it's japanese .
this is the main features in SMT series.

---
Jake Snake throwed a flash bang and put on glasses so the flashes wouldnt hurt him !! Oh my gosh !!!
~squirrelking
#3Nasada19Posted 5/11/2009 8:38:35 AM
Copied from another thread. Didn't bother to actually check for validity, but seems right:

Mudo means silence in Spanish, and in Japanese, the kanji for Mudo means 'curse' or 'kill'.

Megido comes from Har Megido, Hebrew for Mountain of Megiddo, which is a place described in the Bible where Armageddon will take place.

Agi comes from Agni, which is Sanskrit for fire. (Also Hindu and Vedic deity.)

Bufu comes from the Sanskrit bRhattuhinazarkara, meaning full of great lumps of ice. The highest order of Ice spell is Niflheim, which is the land of ice and cold in Norse mythology.

Dia in Greek means song.

The prefix Maha- means "big/great" in Sanskrit. (Maragi, Mabufu, mazio, derive from 'maha'.)

The suffix -dyne is actually the unit of force in physics. (Agidyne, Bufudyne, Ziodyne, Garudyne.)
#4nels9n(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2009 8:44:42 AM
Thank you so much!!!

Btw, do they still use the pronounciation of 'agi' for the japanese version of the game?

Or do they name the 'fire spell' something totally different?
#5mynamealonePosted 5/11/2009 9:52:18 AM
yes they used agi,
but, myabe i'm wrong, but in jap. ver twas mahaagidyne
make sense since in sanskrit maha=super or somethhing along that line...
---
Devil: Temptation and lust may be seen as negative qualities, but they can lead to great things.
look like I have DID or something....
#6JamMasterJimPosted 5/11/2009 9:58:18 AM
Actually, Dia is nowhere near close to meaning 'Song' in Greek, unless I miss something.
---
Remember, remember, the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot.I know of no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.
#7mynamealonePosted 5/11/2009 10:04:14 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dia_(mythology)
believe the wki...
---
Devil: Temptation and lust may be seen as negative qualities, but they can lead to great things.
look like I have DID or something....
#8Maha_BufudynePosted 5/11/2009 12:11:42 PM
Well Dia means Day in Spanish but I doubt that is it.
------
You're all gonna freeze in hell! ... Uh, freeze in hell?....
#9Dancing_FlamesPosted 5/11/2009 12:37:28 PM
Dia ("bright sky") in Greek mythology was the mother of the Lapith Pirithous, whose marriage to Hippodameia was the occasion of the Lapiths' battle with the Centaurs. ...

I'm assuming dia means "bright sky?"

The only thing I could find on "bufu" was that it meant "warrior-wind," which I guess could mean ice in a sense. Best I could find for "zan" (the previous name of the wind spell) meant "praise." "Garu" has something to do with this--maybe:

http://www.answers.com/topic/garu-dhamma

This: Zio
Zio (Germanic) The ancient Germanic sword god or war god, corresponding to Tyr in Norse mythology. He was called Tivisco by Tacitus, who describes him as a hidden god, held in such reverence by the Swabians that no one could enter the sacred grove of the Semnones, a prominent tribe of the Swabians, without being bound with a chain. The earth goddess Nerthus was regarded as his wife.

and this: zio
N
ziv| Hebrew name of ancient second month; (meaning splendor/flowering)
for Zio.
---
"wtD_F" ~ RINKU.
Something happened! I didn't see it though ~ Rise Blooper
#10Bookman186Posted 5/11/2009 12:58:39 PM
Quick addition: Har Megiddo isn't just where Armageddon will take place...it's where the word "Armageddon" comes from.