Should I ditch Chie's spells?

#11Lord FaustPosted 8/21/2009 11:29:47 AM
Surely you can spare three slots for Mabufu, Bufula, and Ice Boost. Chie doesn't really learn anything else worth keeping, besides Power Charge, God's Hand, and Agneyastra.
---
"I don't details. He can details in length. Even if you don't want, he'll still details you."
#12TherealVfanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2009 11:36:32 AM
1. Tarukaja
2. Bufula
3. Mabufu
4. Ice Boost
5. Counterstrike
6. Black Spot
7. Heat Wave or Rampage
8. Skull Cracker

You're close I removed Skull Cracker long ago, I kept Rampage for the Multi hit but I see now that was probably a mistake
#13RathjePosted 8/21/2009 11:45:07 AM
If you're just keeping Bufu skills to hit weaknesses (which you should), you don't really need Boost. It's nice, but if you can't bring yourself to delete something else, Boost can go.

That said, you should be able to find something to delete easily; Chie has a lot of repetitive skills.
#14CrossTriggerPosted 8/21/2009 11:46:29 AM
Honestly, I actually preferred Mabufu to Rampage. >_>
---
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k279/CTISAWESOME/lolafololz.png
#15AndvareelPosted 8/21/2009 12:37:31 PM
Yah, Chie isn't the worst character, but she doesn't really make use of her 8 slots. And... I am mildly annoyed by the fact that it's best to keep Darth Musha with a few shoddy low end skills while Teddie is literally overflowing with good skills. Both full healers do maintain a weakness, but Chie needs a little more help to compete with Kanji and Yosuke. Naoto probably needs some actual mechanics adjustments to be competitive without changing the main role of the character.

Anyway, due to the leniant once again system, mabufu will always remain useful. It looks ugly on a level 80 character, but it's still worth the slot. Same with bufula and ice boost... there really isn't much reason to not keep those. In fact, just because of how the system is set up, mabufu remains one of her best skills.
#16MidnightWPosted 8/21/2009 12:40:29 PM
I think my Chie's skill set had

Counterstrike
Mabufu
Rampage
Power Charge
Agneystra (or w/e)
Rainy Death
God's Hand
And Ice Boost... I think.

Rampage actually hits PRETTY HARD even late in the game (especially with power charge) so I kept it..
---
Join the Amala Network! :D
http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Persona_People/
#17scathatch72Posted 8/21/2009 12:47:07 PM
I kept Skull Cracker because the confuse effect worked about 80% of the time for me (even on those pesky gold hands!)

And Rampage, because yeah, it's like Hassou Tobi, only....not quite as good but still good....
---
They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.
#18Lord FaustPosted 8/21/2009 2:01:10 PM
Yeah, Rampage is pretty good. It's actually better than Gale Slash and Heat Wave due to its multi-hit capability.
---
"I don't details. He can details in length. Even if you don't want, he'll still details you."
#19arucard199Posted 8/21/2009 2:05:29 PM
I'd at least keep her multi-target ice spell. It's useful for knockdowns and never really stops being useful in that respect.

---
Cookies to anyone who can tell me where this is from:
"Now THAT's a piece of me!" -Charlie Brunson
#20Dancing_FlamesPosted 8/21/2009 2:10:21 PM

Yeah, Rampage is pretty good. It's actually better than Gale Slash and Heat Wave due to its multi-hit capability.

This.
---
"wtD_F" ~ RINKU.
Danflé x Triflé