Persona 4 Music vs Persona 3 Music

#1Sinistral777Posted 1/11/2010 7:20:59 AM
One of the things that really made me love Persona 3 was it's music, and it was an added bonus how they made the music tie into the game.

I have been pondering whether or not to buy Persona 4. I loved Persona 3 immensely because it was a darkish take on RPGs, one that I have not seen too often before, and the music that went with it was fantastic.

My question is, how does the music on Persona 4 compare to Persona 3? I am probably going to buy it regardless but I am curious.

---
Proud Member of the Elitist Community! :D
Want free stuff (games/consoles)? http://s2.webstarts.com/Sinistralis/index.html
#2sandslash1Posted 1/11/2010 7:39:39 AM
just as awesome if not better
(battle hymn of the soul is still the best though :D)
---
a
#3Raka_PutraPosted 1/11/2010 7:48:18 AM
More...J-Pop-ish
---
Proud ValHellen x Maha_Bufudyne shipper.
#4Zeroxas_27Posted 1/11/2010 7:52:24 AM
...The difference is at the genre of the music. P3 mostly refer to techno, P4 mostly refer to retro.

Personally, P4 battle theme > P3 battle theme.
BUT
P3 last battle theme >>> P4 last battle theme.
---
"Tartarus...? What is it? .....Sounds like toothpaste." -Junpei Iori-
#5TheDudgePosted 1/11/2010 8:17:45 AM
For me, I was the same as you and loved the music of P3.
However, when I played P4, I found myself disappointed by the music as I thought that it just didn't live up to P3's music.

However, there are still the off little gem, and if it wasn't for the high expectations that P3 set me, I would probably have thought it to be very good.
And I have both soundtracks on my music playlist, so it can't be bad.
#6Modest_ModsoulPosted 1/11/2010 8:25:46 AM
how does the music on Persona 4 compare to Persona 3?

There are great music in this game.

The vocal musics are much 'smoother' in my opinion. More 'smoother' means is the songs are less Engrish this time, because Shihoco Hirata have done a good job singing it.

Your Affection -> sunny days, addicting.

Heartbeat, Heartbreak -> cloudy days, melancholy song.

Heaven -> great dungeon song, a little bit sad.

I'll Face Myself -> adrenaline pumping boss battle theme.

Like A Dream Come True -> Persona 4 S. Link theme, great- somewhat cheerful song.

Mist -> another great boss battle theme.

The Almighty -> another SUPERB GREAT boss battle theme.

Etc.

If you like P3 music, I assume you'll like this game's music as well.
---
SPREAD THE WORDS!!!
PS3 Exclusive YAKUZA 3 English version in March 26th 2010!!!
#7Sinistral777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2010 9:26:18 AM
Yeaaa, the final boss music for Persona 3, as well as it's presentation with all the Arcana, pretty much set my expectations unrealisticly high, which is why I am trying to correct it before I buy it so I can appreciate it for what it is, a great game.

I am heading up to get my textbooks today or tommorrow, will probably grab it then.
---
Proud Member of the Elitist Community! :D
Want free stuff (games/consoles)? http://s2.webstarts.com/Sinistralis/index.html
#8PatteTheDudePosted 1/11/2010 10:43:19 AM
P3 win
---

..Live and let live..
#9TakuruPosted 1/11/2010 11:46:07 AM
Just play it already. If you liked P3, you will like P4 as well. The music has the same j-poppy charm.
---
If God had wanted us to use the metric system, Jesus would have had 10 apostles - J Nice
#10MidnightWPosted 1/11/2010 8:39:16 PM
It's pretty good.
I liked both games music.
If you liked P3's music, P4 will not disappoint you.

inb4thegenesis