So I'm at the 10th floor of the Steamy Bathhouse...

#1LightOfJudgmentPosted 11/28/2011 3:11:08 PM
I'm approaching the stairs, but thanks to my OCD, I decide to check the other nearby door. It's a huge-ass shadow with its back turned and a golden chest.

"Why not?" I thought.

I approach the shadow to hit it. I MISS, and it hits me for an Enemy Advantage against three Wondrous Magi...

The first two Magi use Mazio twice, and the rest is history...

Cue RAAAAGE.

(BTW, the Persona I had in was Sarasvati and I last saved after beating the mini boss)
---
Living and breathing derivatives and integrals since...Fall 2009.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/Zerus/fail2-12.jpg
#2ScribPosted 11/28/2011 3:25:18 PM
I've been in similar situations. A good rule of thumb: if you've been dungeon crawling for a while and are on the floor below a save point, always seek out the stairs first and save, preferably before fighting any enemies on that floor if possible.

This game can be very unforgiving if it's your first time through. Running into a group of Basalts that get the advantage can be disastrous if your party's hurting.

Good on ya for having Sarasvati, she's a big help in the Bathhouse. Upgrade to Ganga as soon as you're able. Victory Cry Kaiwan makes the rest of the game cake as long as you have a good feel for exploiting weaknesses. Have the MC heal the party fully after each fight, then just switch to Kaiwan at the end of a battle when the MC's SP is about to bottom out.

Some people might consider Kaiwan a little too cheap. I was not one of them.
---
all yo yens yip yip yap
#3SmashStrikePosted 11/28/2011 4:24:38 PM

Meh, not really. Most battle difficulties occur within the battle and Victory Cry won't help with that. What it does help with is reducing the amount of time you need to spend in a dungeon since SP isn't an issue.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#4vittauPosted 11/28/2011 4:46:44 PM
Wait 'til you get hit by your first Ghastly Wail. It's a memorable experience I guarantee you. =P
#5ScribPosted 11/28/2011 6:05:49 PM
SmashStrike posted...

Meh, not really. Most battle difficulties occur within the battle and Victory Cry won't help with that. What it does help with is reducing the amount of time you need to spend in a dungeon since SP isn't an issue.

True. You make a good point. In general, the game starts becoming easier after the bathhouse due to the MC having access to a greater number of Personas through fusion and your party members starting to gain higher-level skills. Victory Cry is just a contributing factor - you can have the MC heal during and after fights without worrying about SP management, as well as have the MC throw out more expensive offensive skills. It also saves money - when your party members are running on empty, you can refill the MC's pool then go see the fox. You save roughly 1/4 of the yen you would have spent - disproves my signature somewhat!

Of course, a Yoshitsune with Victory Cry tears through pretty much anything like a wrecking ball - Hassou Tobi them to death, then automatically be fully healed after the battle.
---
all yo yens yip yip yap
#6musketeer361Posted 11/28/2011 7:43:29 PM
Join the club of dozens of topics like these.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Vesperia
Waiting for: Tales of Graces f, Final Fantasy XIII-2
#7TheGreatPotatoPosted 11/30/2011 1:19:38 AM
I expected dice.