WHich persona has better story and better characters and why...?

#1moniewitchPosted 1/22/2012 6:57:20 PM
Well Does Persona 3 FES or Persona 4 have better story and characters and why...?

I would like to know cuz i'm in the middle of Persona 3 FES I just recruited the last member I forgot his name it is Ahkihiko's friend...

Also I love Persona 3 FES and can't wait to complete Persona 4 when I start it...

I like the story and characters in the game that is what makes it soo interesting...
#2Strain42Posted 1/22/2012 7:28:29 PM
I personally thought Persona 3 had the better story.

As far as characters go it's actually a little odd for me. Persona 4 for me doesn't have a lot of neutral characters. It's mostly characters I really like or characters that really piss me off. Sadly the ones that piss me off outnumber the ones I like

Whereas Persona 3 has a lot more characters that I'm just sorta neutral/slightly favorable towards like Mitsuru. Yeah, Mitsuru is ok...I don't love her or anything. My least favorite character in 3 is Ken, but I still put him above a character I'm mostly neutral towards like Yukiko.

So P4 has characters I like more than all of P3, but P3 still pulls ahead through its average. Does that make any sense?
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#3Navyblack14Posted 1/22/2012 8:13:59 PM
Persona 1 Portable has the best story. You should go out and buy a copy right this second.
---
Soji Seta forever. Also Minako.
#4Baalji_BaalstarPosted 1/22/2012 8:28:01 PM
Persona 3 had a better story, but not by much. Persona 4's story is so disjointed and horribly put together that it takes forever for anything to happen. Then when something finally does happen, it's rendered completely pointless only a month in-story later and you have to continue the rigmarole procedure rather than feel any sort of achievement or satisfaction. Persona 3 is a lot of the same, but the game changes enough near the end to remain at a consistent pace of good storytelling and stuff happening for it to be enjoyable.

Persona 3 and 4 are equal in terms of characters. Both have dumb anime-cliche ridden characters that overwhelm the amount of actual good characters. Some of my personal favorites in P3 are Akinari, Shinjiro (P3P), Yukari, Junpei, Tanaka, Mutatsu and Mamoru. All of these stories weave some sort of reality and humanity into them that feels genuine, but not all of them really end well, so is reality. Shinjiro's is especially notable in that it's an S. Link that was only added for P3P and it was a fantastic S. Link that added a lot to a character who only stood around to be a plot device. To match that, some of personal favorites in P4 are Chie, Kanji, Naoto, Ryotaro, Ai, Naoki, and Sayoko. Once again, these stories ring of genuine humanity portrayed through them and these characters are relateable in realistic ways, especially Chie, who I must stress is basically the most well-developed character in the whole game pretty much. It's seriously like they went out of their way just to put more touches on Chie's character.
---
"Who are you to doubt El Dandy?"
-Bret "The Hitman" Hart
#5Navyblack14Posted 1/22/2012 8:46:19 PM
Baalji_Baalstar posted...
Persona 3 had a better story, but not by much. Persona 4's story is so disjointed and horribly put together that it takes forever for anything to happen. Then when something finally does happen, it's rendered completely pointless only a month in-story later and you have to continue the rigmarole procedure rather than feel any sort of achievement or satisfaction. Persona 3 is a lot of the same, but the game changes enough near the end to remain at a consistent pace of good storytelling and stuff happening for it to be enjoyable.

Persona 3 and 4 are equal in terms of characters. Both have dumb anime-cliche ridden characters that overwhelm the amount of actual good characters. Some of my personal favorites in P3 are Akinari, Shinjiro (P3P), Yukari, Junpei, Tanaka, Mutatsu and Mamoru. All of these stories weave some sort of reality and humanity into them that feels genuine, but not all of them really end well, so is reality. Shinjiro's is especially notable in that it's an S. Link that was only added for P3P and it was a fantastic S. Link that added a lot to a character who only stood around to be a plot device. To match that, some of personal favorites in P4 are Chie, Kanji, Naoto, Ryotaro, Ai, Naoki, and Sayoko. Once again, these stories ring of genuine humanity portrayed through them and these characters are relateable in realistic ways, especially Chie, who I must stress is basically the most well-developed character in the whole game pretty much. It's seriously like they went out of their way just to put more touches on Chie's character.

You should look at this from someone totally new to the game's perspective. Namedropping a dozen characters won't mean all that much to him.
---
#6Cloud_47Posted 1/22/2012 9:00:21 PM
Haven't play P1.

P2 is a duology so you need the 2 games I guess. Its weird, sometimes the story is cool and others is weirder ( never got the point of the Nazis...)

Storywise P3. P4 characters seem closer.
#7Baalji_BaalstarPosted 1/22/2012 9:12:37 PM
You should look at this from someone totally new to the game's perspective.

No, I did that for most of last year and it got progressively annoying. If he's really that curious about the characters then he'll look up the ones I mentioned to see their stories when he plays it, I already added reasons for why those ones are good, it's not my fault if he can't use a search engine or play the game.
---
"Who are you to doubt El Dandy?"
-Bret "The Hitman" Hart
#8Navyblack14Posted 1/22/2012 9:31:11 PM
Cloud_47 posted...
Haven't play P1.

P2 is a duology so you need the 2 games I guess.

No! No, you don't! Dude, don't tell people this. Both games can be played and enjoyed immensely by themselves.

Baalji_Baalstar posted...
You should look at this from someone totally new to the game's perspective.

No, I did that for most of last year and it got progressively annoying. If he's really that curious about the characters then he'll look up the ones I mentioned to see their stories when he plays it, I already added reasons for why those ones are good, it's not my fault if he can't use a search engine or play the game.

You do want new people to come into this series, right? That bitter attitude is really out of place here.
---
#9Super SlashPosted 1/22/2012 11:31:19 PM

Yeah, use a search engine and get everything spoiled. Deeeerp. Why would he "look up the characters" when he's simply asking which game has the better ones? He obviously doesn't want to get spoiled and you're just being bitter for no reason.
#10Lelouch71Posted 1/22/2012 11:32:17 PM
-Persona 1 for atmosphere and dungeon crawling
-Persona 2 for story and characters. The battle system is decent enough just not as good as P3/P4. The game itself is split between two games. But they are both completed titles in their own right.
-Persona 4 for gameplay and characters even though they are a bit Scooby Doo-ish (it could be a good or bad thing). The story is alright but it's nothing that great.
-Persona 3 is a little bit of both P2 and P4. Story not as good as P2 but a tad bit better than P4. Although P3 has horrible pacing. P3P makes the battle system equal to P4. The characters are my second favorite behind the P2 cast.

Ultimately it depends on what you are looking for in a game.
---
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."