Okay, so... *Near-End Spoilers*

#1UlttimaaPosted 2/8/2012 6:21:01 AM
Now, I just got to Magatsu Inaba. I haven't beaten it yet, but I've entered the dungeon, so I know everything up to that point.

Now, it was fairly obvious that something weird was going on with Namatame. The way he reacted to seeing his own shadow, and how "saving" wasn't defined when you caught him. It was obvious that there was something more to it, and not to kill him. Of course the fact that you had to go through 6 choices and only making the correct choices each time would let you continue which was ridiculous. Especially since outside of "Well this guy is acting strange" you don't get any concrete evidence to make anymore decisions. It was just saying "lol idk something's weird" over and over again. That part was awful game design in an otherwise pretty fantastic game.

But anyways, I digress.

But I did have one question.

Are you ever really given any evidence to actually suspect Adachi? I knew it was him for the longest time, because I had that spoiled for me. But when you walk around, everyone tells you "man I don't know ****" and then you're supposed to pick based off of just being someone that can move around unsuspiciously, and can approach the dojima residence without suspicion.

Like, it makes SENSE that Adachi had stuff to do with the first killings and the incident with Mitsuo. He does fit the criteria, and given that most of the choices are dumb options like "lol rise?!?!????!?!?" it's not a very hard decision.

But Adachi plays the goofball detective role so well and given that it's a pre-written story, they made him seem incredibly innocent. You don't get any weird wordslips or actual evidence that he had a part in it until AFTER you make this decision.

Or do you? I don't ever remember getting any suspicious vibes from Adachi, even though for nearly the entire game I already knew it was him. That's what my question is, I guess. Is there any reason for you to suspect Adachi until after you catch him? Keep in mind no spoilers for Magatsu Inaba or after, please.
---
PSN: NeutralBees | Xlink Kai: NeutralBees
http://youtube.com/user/Ulttimaa
#2slmcknettPosted 2/8/2012 6:54:40 AM
The only time I ever suspected Adachi was up to something was after Nanako was kidnapped. He explained that she must've been kidnapped by somebody that she personally knew; somebody close to her family that she knew she could trust. Of course, that would make himself a suspect, too, and because he realizes this he quickly scrambles for a cover-up.

Of course, it was actually Namatame and not him, but even so I found it kinda fishy that he would try to defend himself before anybody even accused him. Especially when he seemed so stupid throughout the rest of the game. But maybe that's just me.
---
My brother on Re:coded
You can buy stuff from a midget Arab.
#3lightdragoon88Posted 2/8/2012 7:46:32 AM
slmcknett posted...
The only time I ever suspected Adachi was up to something was after Nanako was kidnapped. He explained that she must've been kidnapped by somebody that she personally knew; somebody close to her family that she knew she could trust. Of course, that would make himself a suspect, too, and because he realizes this he quickly scrambles for a cover-up.

Of course, it was actually Namatame and not him, but even so I found it kinda fishy that he would try to defend himself before anybody even accused him. Especially when he seemed so stupid throughout the rest of the game. But maybe that's just me.

Pretty much that scene there is what you need to remember.
---
LIFE IS A BEAUTY HOWL!
#4ElSilverWindPosted 2/8/2012 10:18:42 AM
Oh and just before Mitsuo got into the TV adachi mentions all of the murders and kidnappings, despite the fact that the police didn't know anything about the kidnappings.

Pretty clever guy, being able to just plant that information on your team without them suspecting a thing.