When you try to figure out who the killer is *spoiler*

#1penguin_god_777Posted 2/14/2012 10:05:06 PM
When you have to figure out it's Adachi, but you're given a bunch of other options... I know you get a bad ending if you pick three wrong answers, but my question is, is there special dialog for each wrong answer or anything? Or is it just "You thought for a second and realise your wrong, pick again."
---
~--~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-PSN + Steam ID - Penguingod777~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
#2NemyarPosted 2/14/2012 11:04:48 PM
There's different dialogues for some characters (I haven't tried them all as you only get three attempts).
#3Strain42Posted 2/15/2012 4:55:26 AM
A few characters have dialogue specific to them, but MOST of them (like your random social links) use the same dialogue.

My favorite is if you pick Naoki they keep the same dialogue which includes "this person had no connection to the victims..."
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#4drclaeysPosted 2/15/2012 6:33:08 AM
Friends,

( Spoilers)

This is funny. when you first meet him, you KNOW hes bad. hes the only person you have met.

Then the entire game goes along, and hes doopy acting the entire time. so finally, you just think, ok, this did that on purpose.

THEN in the end, its him AGAIN. and you feel funny, because they kinda tricked you.

Nice writing on there part, I would think.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#5Soul59Posted 2/15/2012 12:35:44 PM
I didn't know he was bad. I would of never thought he was bad. In fact I got 1/3 of the way through the game and I felt bad for him, but then my curiousity got the better of me and I wanted to just know who the killer was and bam it was him and I pooed a brick.
---
He who fights and runs away, lives to not have the f****** moon fall on him as an alternative - Tacitus
#6slmcknettPosted 2/15/2012 12:59:58 PM
The first time we see him he's throwing up over a cadaver and acting like a total wimp who can't stand dead bodies.

Why would that lead anybody to believe he's secretly a killer? : \
---
Sound Ninja Four not in Storm Generations.
Sorry, CC2; not buying your game.
#7Strain42Posted 2/15/2012 3:08:07 PM(edited)
Maybe it's because I spent my entire life reading mystery novels, but I always thought it was Adachi. Ok, maybe not RIGHT at the start, but after just a couple scenes, I was sure it was him.

It's not like the game did much to set up the possibility of anyone else. In that regards I think it was sort of weak as a whodunit. Mystery novels should either do one of two things. They should either give you a lot of possibilities so you don't know who did it, or if they do only give you one major suspect, we shouldn't know HOW they did it. Persona 4 imo did neither.

I actually wrote out an explanation on this site (a few times actually) about how it would have been a better story twist (and made a bit more sense) if the killer had been Ms. Kashiwagi. I didn't even have to make up all that much stuff for it to make sense either. A lot of the logic points came from things that the game already tells you about her character.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#8nemesiskite55Posted 2/15/2012 5:07:54 PM
Strain42 posted...
Maybe it's because I spent my entire life reading mystery novels, but I always thought it was Adachi. Ok, maybe not RIGHT at the start, but after just a couple scenes, I was sure it was him.

It's not like the game did much to set up the possibility of anyone else. In that regards I think it was sort of weak as a whodunit. Mystery novels should either do one of two things. They should either give you a lot of possibilities so you don't know who did it, or if they do only give you one major suspect, we shouldn't know HOW they did it. Persona 4 imo did neither.

I actually wrote out an explanation on this site (a few times actually) about how it would have been a better story twist (and made a bit more sense) if the killer had been Ms. Kashiwagi. I didn't even have to make up all that much stuff for it to make sense either. A lot of the logic points came from things that the game already tells you about her character.

I agree, it should be Kashiwagi. Or even MC, that'd be quite a twist, and a rather groundbreaking one at that. But alas, Atlus had to go a more traditional route :(
---
Currently playing Indigo Prophecy, Makai Kingdom, Persona 4, Silent Hill 2, FFX, Yakuza, Theresia
#9Fourth_BonkuraPosted 2/15/2012 7:07:36 PM
Or even MC, that'd be quite a twist, and a rather groundbreaking one at that.

Not really, it's been done before. I can't really say where because that would be spoilers but just compare the real life cases of Kim Philby and Robert Hanssen both at one time moles for Soviet Union that were in charge of tracing down ... themselves.
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#10nemesiskite55Posted 2/15/2012 7:14:11 PM
Fourth_Bonkura posted...
Or even MC, that'd be quite a twist, and a rather groundbreaking one at that.

Not really, it's been done before. I can't really say where because that would be spoilers but just compare the real life cases of Kim Philby and Robert Hanssen both at one time moles for Soviet Union that were in charge of tracing down ... themselves.

Damn, I would really like to know what game has such a twist, but the spoilers...
---
Currently playing Indigo Prophecy, Makai Kingdom, Persona 4, Silent Hill 2, FFX, Yakuza, Theresia