Whoever is Chie's voice actor ruins her appeal

#1KrispyKremeFoodPosted 2/20/2012 6:12:20 PM
I played through this game and I really did not like Chie's character much. She was cool and stuff...but thats it.

I have watched the anime and it makes me really like her for some reason. She seems like she just has more passion and you can feel her emotions better.

I went back to play the game and I realized that her voice actor makes her sound like a man at the beginning. Like.., she's awkward. I don't know how to explain this but I just think the voice actor killed her appeal.

I hate to say stupid stuff like this...but I now ship MCxChie. The anime just makes it feel right. Chie is such an awesome character
#2echa_OnePosted 2/20/2012 6:18:27 PM
Yep, I think the voice in the game sounds too old for her age. Like, seriously. Anime Chie's voice sounds great, on-age and cute :D
---
What superpower would you have?
I would like the superpower to punch annoying cheeky fanboys over the monitor.
#3SmashStrikePosted 2/20/2012 6:45:01 PM
I have absolutely no clue what you and so many other people whine about. Chie never sounded old or bad to me. Her VA never stood out in any way good or bad.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#4DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/20/2012 6:53:31 PM
I actually liked the voice but I thought there could've been a better fit for her.
---
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/pugwishbone17/Gifs/vkmad.gif
#5FireDragoon18Posted 2/20/2012 7:06:29 PM
Her voice grew on me.
---
"I believe the proper phrase here is, 'You Fail'"-Miles Edgeworth
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
#6Strain42Posted 2/20/2012 7:49:40 PM
I thought her voice sounded more like a high school kid than Yukiko's or hell, Naoto's did.

It wasn't great, but I thought she did fine. Plus knowing that she was voiced by an actress who was on Hey Arnold makes it so much more awesome (this is assuming wikipedia is to be believed and Danielle Judovitz did indeed voice Chie)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#7FScellPosted 2/20/2012 7:53:41 PM
There are issues with consistency, especially early on in the game, but it's not a bad job.

In fact as the game goes on, I'd say she becomes one of the more natural characters in terms of delivery.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#8AllthingsanimePosted 2/20/2012 10:15:08 PM
At first I read TC's post and was about to give a well-thought but firmly indignant reply, but then I saw that the thread was talking about her English VA in the game.

Carry on.
#9HighLight43Posted 2/21/2012 4:29:33 AM(edited)

From: Strain42 | #006It wasn't great, but I thought she did fine. Plus knowing that she was voiced by an actress who was on Hey Arnold makes it so much more awesome (this is assuming wikipedia is to be believed and Danielle Judovitz did indeed voice Chie)

Wikipedia got it wrong. Chie was voiced by Tracey Rooney. I corrected that mistake myself. I don't know why, but it's all over the internet... Lots of places have it wrong.
---
English is my third language.
#10Baalji_BaalstarPosted 2/21/2012 5:51:57 AM
Chie's voice can either be perfect for her at times or bad at other times, it's never really consistent. Either way, I'd much rather hear that voice than the travesty that is the JP voice for her.
---
"Who are you to doubt El Dandy?"
-Bret "The Hitman" Hart