Having problems finishing Emperor S.Link.

#1billyhtchcocPosted 3/6/2012 10:06:50 AM
Hey, I'm having an issue with getting this to finish. I'm at Level 9 and every time I talk to Kanji to try to finish it I get the "You guys are getting closer"-type message (this is my second or third time of getting it).

The last time someone posted it, the response was that you have to wait until after you rescue Rise, which I have done, but I still can't seem to be getting to max level.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that if you over-level this S. Link too early (I've been hitting Kanji's S. Link HARD, so I leveled it up fast) that you can actually make it so you can't finish it. Is this the case?
#2oemzedPosted 3/6/2012 11:37:09 AM
Do you have an emperor arcana persona with you when you spend time with him? That's the only thing I can think of.
#3ScribPosted 3/6/2012 11:39:57 AM
Did you choose the correct responses at Rank 9? You are asked two questions. Do you have a Persona from the Emperor Arcana on you?

According to the guide, if you chose the correct ones you should have enough points to automatically reach Rank 10 (6 points) the next time you hang out with Kanji (3+3 = 6).

I don't see how it could take more than 3 non-rank up events to reach 10. Even if you don't have a Persona of the Emperor Arcana in your possession, you should still receive a minimum of 2 points at Rank 9 for choosing the incorrect responses.
---
all yo yens yip yip yap
#4billyhtchcoc(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2012 7:04:50 AM
I have an Emperor arcana with me, and it doesn't give me any options to select, so I'm not sure if I have a 'wrong answer' or not.

I was thinking, maybe I need to wait for Rise-chan to recover? I just finished the whole Striptease level, and it's possible it won't allow for level up until she's actually with you?
#5Xiller8Posted 3/7/2012 8:13:08 AM
billyhtchcoc posted...
I have an Emperor arcana with me, and it doesn't give me any options to select, so I'm not sure if I have a 'wrong answer' or not.

I was thinking, maybe I need to wait for Rise-chan to recover? I just finished the whole Striptease level, and it's possible it won't allow for level up until she's actually with you?

actually, you're spot on I think. I finished that social link recently and Kanji says something like "Rise came into my shop, and I showed her the dolls I made, she said what I was doing was creepy". So Rise probably has to recover before you can finish it.
---
Why can't we all love each other? I love the fans of KH. They always listen to me when I whip out my Mara - (NotPedoBear posting on KH vs SMT topic)
#6ScribPosted 3/7/2012 1:32:12 PM
That makes sense. Other than general tips, I may not be the best person to weigh in on this, as I usually follow the S. Link guide which has Emperor ending in October.
---
all yo yens yip yip yap
#7TintoPosted 3/8/2012 5:18:48 PM
There are set events that give you S. Link points with other party members. Off the top of my head there aren't as many with Kanji, but if you're willing to wait a bit one of those should help give you the boost you need.
---
Victory favors neither the righteous nor the wicked, it favors the prepared.