The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Chie = Yukari

#1hutchyhutchyPosted 3/6/2012 9:03:23 PM
They're equally terrible. Chie is 2/10, would not touch, and Yukari is way too melodrama. Yukiko and Fuuka were far superior characters, and they honestly should have had the honor of being MC's first female friend.
---
WHY THE **** DO I SEE DEAD PEOPLE WHERE THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE?
#2DynamicJumpIuffPosted 3/6/2012 9:10:56 PM
Chie's probably the best character in the main party. Maybe even the entire game.

Yukiko is better than Rise. That's it.
---
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/pugwishbone17/Gifs/vkmad.gif
#3Leon481Posted 3/6/2012 9:13:17 PM
Yukari is kind of a moody, depressed mess and never really gets any better and Chie and Yukiko are pretty much pure evil with all the cruel stuff they do to the guys. In real life I'd probably stay far away. They are entertaining in-game though.
#4SmashStrikePosted 3/6/2012 11:56:40 PM
*disagrees*
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#5Ecclesiastes273Posted 3/7/2012 1:03:00 AM
S. LINK/P3 SPOILERS

Chie never chewed me out for protecting her from potential muggers. Sure, she whined a bit, but more out of I TOTALLY HAD 'EM BRO than whatever the hell was going through Yukari's system.

Chie also never cooked up a plot(with Junpei? Been a while) to stir some **** up outside of a mahjong parlor.

Sure, she's a horrible person on school trips and such. But besides the Leeroy Jenkins incident in the beginning where in her defense she didn't know the nature of the danger, Chie never entertained thoughts of fronting on hoodlum turf and said "oh yeah you're the muscle".

And, I won't claim Chie had anything amazing going on in her S. Link, but having gone through real family problems in my earlier years, Yukari's Link just felt like whining. I guess I was just supposed to take her venom at face value and assume her mom is as bad as advertised? Meh. I got to Lv8 for a decent Titania fusion bonus and bailed.
---
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).
#6Super SlashPosted 3/7/2012 1:05:30 AM(edited)
I haven't played The Answer (much), so I have no opinion on Yukari's "evil side", but Chie was like...the most real character in the game. She's awesome.

I admit there's nothing special about Yukiko, as much as I like fanboying her. She is hot though, even moreso with her glasses. There's nothing special about Fuuka either; I don't have much of an opinion on her.
#7echa_OnePosted 3/7/2012 1:06:04 AM
Chie > Yukari.

<3 cheerful girl than... the type like Yukari (although her behaviour is understandable).
---
What superpower would you have?
I would like the superpower to punch annoying cheeky fanboys over the monitor.
#8SmashStrikePosted 3/7/2012 1:31:00 AM
Chie never chewed me out for protecting her from potential muggers. Sure, she whined a bit, but more out of I TOTALLY HAD 'EM BRO than whatever the hell was going through Yukari's system.

I'm just gonna take a minute to respond to this because a lot of people seem to misunderstand or just don't care to understand these types of scenes with Yukari.

Yukari is damaged goods. She was a daddy's girl but he died when she was young. Her mom has been whoring around ever since then and everybody's expected Yukari to end up just like her, pushing Yukari to build emotional barriers between herself and others. Then P3MC waltzes into her life, understanding her situation completely, being strong, tough, sensitive, and reliable, and has been saving her from danger on multiple occasions. So as the token piece of ass in the story, Yukari's expected to strip naked and throw herself at big strong P3MC like the good little damaged girl she is, right?

Wrong. Yukari's not stupid. She knows her situation is ****ed up, she knows what people think of her, and she knows what they expect from her -- an emotional skank just like her mom. Yukari is self-aware of the tropes and archtypes she falls into and she fights tooth and nail to break free from them. That's why she's so distrusting of you, she doesn't want to be the idiot hormone-addled teen that falls in love at the drop of a hat. That's why she's bitter towards P3MC's acts of heroism, she doesn't want to be the damsel-in-distress that exchanges sex for protection from a big strong man. No matter what she does her mother's reputation and her father's death will follow her wherever she goes. Her development, both in-story and S.Link is about her fighting back against the roles she feels trapped in and in the end she realizes just because she found someone she loved, doesn't mean she's proving any stupid assumptions right.

If you dislike Yukari, fine. I just can't stand it when people have no patience to try to understand where a character is coming from.
---
Your twisted logic is that of an immature, egotistic brat! - Naoto Shirogane
#9saturn_frogurtPosted 3/7/2012 4:27:12 AM
SmashStrike posted...

I'm just gonna take a minute to respond to this because a lot of people seem to misunderstand or just don't care to understand these types of scenes with Yukari.

Yukari is damaged goods. She was a daddy's girl but he died when she was young. Her mom has been whoring around ever since then and everybody's expected Yukari to end up just like her, pushing Yukari to build emotional barriers between herself and others. Then P3MC waltzes into her life, understanding her situation completely, being strong, tough, sensitive, and reliable, and has been saving her from danger on multiple occasions. So as the token piece of ass in the story, Yukari's expected to strip naked and throw herself at big strong P3MC like the good little damaged girl she is, right?

Wrong. Yukari's not stupid. She knows her situation is ****ed up, she knows what people think of her, and she knows what they expect from her -- an emotional skank just like her mom. Yukari is self-aware of the tropes and archtypes she falls into and she fights tooth and nail to break free from them. That's why she's so distrusting of you, she doesn't want to be the idiot hormone-addled teen that falls in love at the drop of a hat. That's why she's bitter towards P3MC's acts of heroism, she doesn't want to be the damsel-in-distress that exchanges sex for protection from a big strong man. No matter what she does her mother's reputation and her father's death will follow her wherever she goes. Her development, both in-story and S.Link is about her fighting back against the roles she feels trapped in and in the end she realizes just because she found someone she loved, doesn't mean she's proving any stupid assumptions right.

If you dislike Yukari, fine. I just can't stand it when people have no patience to try to understand where a character is coming from.

*applause*
---
- Swap God for a janitor, rot in a jar of dog paws -
Put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.
#10masked_yazooPosted 3/7/2012 4:30:23 AM
Chie (Steak) > Yukari (Dumb)

C'mon Yukari is just like Rise only Rise knows how to be slutty unlike Yukari who I find no sex appeal. And also don't lump that dumb Yukari over Chie he is 5x more smarter than Yukari.

Regarding social links, I think Chie has a better relationship since her boyish and hyperactive life is much tolerable than a @#%#% who only knows how to get raped and blame her entire life to her Mommy.
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"