Izanagi

#1SazukeEXPosted 3/8/2012 5:27:32 AM
Is there anyway to make him better or should I just fuse him off already? I have way better Personas than him but he was my first one....
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#2KantonosoPosted 3/8/2012 5:39:14 AM
Honestly, he`s just your starter.

Think of it like Pokemon: your starter is better than what else is immediately available, but it becomes easily outclassed before too long (unless you overlevel it to the exclusion of the rest of your team like an idiot.)

Point being, onceyou can get better stuff, replace it. May as well fuse it off to inheret Rakukaja on something else.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Currently: pissed at Gamestop Canada for Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend release date slaughtering.
#3SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2012 5:50:51 AM(edited)
But I never have to get rid of my starter in Pokemon because he still learns moves and evolves.

Charmander doesn't even get a possible replacement till the 7th badge for the most part anyway.
---
#4Trigger_WalnutPosted 3/8/2012 6:07:12 AM
Izanagi will eventually have to be replaced by a better persona. I know how hard it is to get rid of certain persona but their stats will hinder you as you progress through the game
---
Ray Allen can drop 7 3pointers im not even going to calculate how many points that is ~ CelticsHomerPro
#5KantonosoPosted 3/8/2012 11:17:11 AM
SazukeEX posted...
But I never have to get rid of my starter in Pokemon because he still learns moves and evolves.

Charmander doesn't even get a possible replacement till the 7th badge for the most part anyway.

First off: It's stats are generally just meh all around. For example, if you want a good physical attacker, you can get a Rhyhorn or Dratini in the Safari Zone (Read: Possible with only 2 badges, no joke.) in R/B/Y. Once Rhyhorn evolves, it's Attack stat blows Charizard out of the water. And don't even give me that "I need a fire type" crap. There's what, 15 types? You can have 6 per team. The issue isn't about having one of everything, the issue is striking a team with good attack coverage that isn't too stacked to being wiped out by one type.

Second, oh god, another fire starter obsessed guy? You do realize the early game is stacked against the fire type, right? Rock, THEN water? I don't understand why people are always so obsessed with the fire starter, when the vast majority of the time, grass works best with the gym setups (Noteworthy exception: Gold/Silver started with the Flying Gym, then Bug, both of Grass's weaknesses.)
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Currently: pissed at Gamestop Canada for Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend release date slaughtering.
#6SazukeEX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2012 2:40:46 PM(edited)
I can get a Pidgey for the water badge and in the remake they gave Charmander Metal Claw at a very low level. I can also use a Butterfree for the first gym and he's much better than any of the starters at that point anyway.

Charmander ends up learning fire attacks, metal claw, and decent flying moves. He's much more versatile than Squirtle or Bulbasaur.
---
#7Strain42Posted 3/8/2012 4:01:49 PM
Most of the gens actually do support using the Fire type, Gen 1 and arguably 3 are the only major exceptions.

Gen 1 - Grass (no argument there, Bulbasaur could slaughter most of Gen 1)
Gen 2 - Fire (most of the gyms were pretty neutral to the starters, but fire had the biggest advantage against the ones that weren't)
Gen 3 - Water, but some would argue Fire so long as you evolve it by the first gym.
Gen 4 - Fire, again if you evolve it before the first gym.
Gen 5 - Doesn't really matter, though technically Fire is the only one who can gain an advantage over the second gym leader, AGAIN, through evolution.

Of course none of that matters for me because I never use my starter Pokemon anyways. I'd rather play with Pokemon that I like. The only starter I like enough to use (and even then, I don't because I use him in Mystery Dungeon) is Totodile, and the only reason I'm using Infernape in Diamond is because Gen 4 sucked when it came to new Fire types and I already had Magmortar in Platinum.

If you were to look through my teams, I use a lot of Pokemon that are considered terrible (Delibird, Sunflora, Farfetch'd, Plusle, Magcargo, Stunfisk, I could go on...) but that doesn't really matter to me.

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." ~ Karen (GSC)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#8TintoPosted 3/8/2012 4:02:44 PM
As awesome as the opening cutscene makes Izanagi appear, you will soon want to fuse/switch him out for a better persona.

Unlike the persona used by the other party members, the main character's persona generally only learn new skills for 5-10 levels. Once they stop learning skills, they generally start decreasing in usefulness. There are some exceptions, but generally the main character will be constantly updating his persona roster.
---
Victory favors neither the righteous nor the wicked, it favors the prepared.
#9Trigger_WalnutPosted 3/8/2012 6:39:47 PM
Oh shut up. I choose fire starters too (exception being gen 4) because I like those pokemon. Quit getting on people with your stat ****. I'm unconcerned over "good" mons and I prefer to use my favorites.
---
Ray Allen can drop 7 3pointers im not even going to calculate how many points that is ~ CelticsHomerPro
#10hutchyhutchyPosted 3/8/2012 8:17:42 PM
http://tinyurl.com/6zqylpf

You're not meant to stick with Persona of a given level range for long. The ridiculous XP requirements to level them should be a clue to this.
---
WHY THE **** DO I SEE DEAD PEOPLE WHERE THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE?