Levelling tips.

#1AinahnahPosted 4/17/2012 3:32:07 AM
I've started the game recently and boy, am I having a hard time! It's taking so long for me to gain experience and there's no healing device like the one P3P! It's so different from Tartarus. I don't get the whole TV studio monster infested set up. Help me out.

No spoilers please!
---
Persona 3 is better than Persona 4! Trust me!
#2the_kaskuserPosted 4/17/2012 3:44:07 AM
buy tap soda and salt neo,it will heals your sp (10 sp for tap soda,5 sp for salt neo)
coz your sp is very low on the beginning,

try to buy medicine on rainy days if possible,because on raindy days it is cheaper

when you still in the early game,dont too often grinding in just one floor,just leveling until your level reaches the same against the shadow on the nearby floor,then just go up
#3Ainahnah(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 3:55:51 AM
Is there some sort of device that can heal you on the entrance? Coz there's one in P3P and it makes everything a WHOOOOLE lot easier for me.
---
Persona 3 is better than Persona 4! Trust me!
#4the_kaskuserPosted 4/17/2012 4:04:32 AM
there is...but not in the early
#5CogitoPosted 4/17/2012 4:48:09 AM
Spoiler

Stock up on TaP Soda (and other SP restoratives, if wanted) during early game.
The fox appears later. Level up Hermit S-Link to reduce the costs for SP recovery.

Use Item: Goho-M or Spell: Traesto to return to central hub to save.
You can choose to return to the highest registered floor.
---
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
#6KantonosoPosted 4/17/2012 6:36:41 PM
In P3P, much like P4, the healing in Tartarus costs money. IIRC this wasn't the case in the original P3, though.... The difference is you're rolling in money in P3P and P4 has you in the poorhouse. You seriously need to grind for money - but how does one effectively grind for money if they have no money for healing? Indeed.

Honestly, early on you're better off getting a Svarasvati in the second dungeon. "Invigorate 2" regenerates 5 SP per turn. Use physicals with Yosuke and CHie, and use the Protagonist for healing. Go rush or mash defend in the first dungeon when the protagonist is low on SP. Alternatiovely, fue the Svarasvati onto a physical persona and use Physical attacks while keeping Invigorate 2 and Media, to make a well rounded general use Persona.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Currently: pissed at Gamestop Canada for Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend release date slaughtering.
#7barreldragon88Posted 4/18/2012 3:11:16 PM
Can someone list some ways to make Svarasvati?
---
Long live Saint Seiya!!
#8KantonosoPosted 4/18/2012 3:33:11 PM
barreldragon88 posted...

It's a Shuffle Time Card.

If you're really interested in making one yourself, one of the FAQs has Persona Fusion mechanics, IIRC.
---
PSN: Ranylyn. Currently: pissed at Gamestop Canada for Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend release date slaughtering.
#9AmareusPosted 4/18/2012 4:50:09 PM
barreldragon88 posted...

http://apps.evilrobotstuff.com/persona4/fission.php
---
"Grape's a weapon, this is now confirmed." - TotalBiscuit commenting on GW2 footage
#10tarenwandererPosted 4/18/2012 5:13:42 PM
Invigorate 2 is very important, and one of the major contributing factors to why the MC is such a badass. You'll basically want to fuse that all over the place on your Personae, at least until you gain access to something better (specifically Cool Breeze, which will probably occur before Invigorate 3 anyways). Yu getting the first turn often, due to great fast Personae and back attacking, means he can open with the spells, and get a LOT of mileage out of regenerating mp. That in turn means much, much longer forays into the dungeons, less reliance on the fox for restoration, and generally easier fights.

So, basically, the best leveling tips are to carefully craft your Personae through fusion so that the first turn that Yu will get more often than not will be a murderfest. And then increase its sustainability.

@Kantonoso:
You are correct, by the way, health and mp were restored to full just by returning to the ground floor in Persona 3 and FES. The limiting mechanic was that the tired status wouldn't wait until the morning after to take effect; instead if a party member became tired they'd up and leave your party for the night the moment you returned to the ground floor. The only exceptions to that were the MC, and during the very last day of grinding available to make sure you could get to whatever level you needed to survive.
---
We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ Delusion of Stability