Why can't a female character's "toughness" be established without...

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  3. Why can't a female character's "toughness" be established without...

User Info: lucky_sharm19

lucky_sharm19
4 years ago#1
Beating the crap out of another male character for trivial reasons? Break a CD? Kick to the balls. Make pervy comments? Get pushed off a god damned cliff onto a shallow waterfall full of jagged rocks. Misinterpret a comment as a pervy one? Eat another fist sandwich. Seriously? It's not funny, it's just unjust and just plain wrong.

User Info: Some_Hoar

Some_Hoar
4 years ago#2
welcome to double standards and japanese humour

enjoy your stay
worrin's just having the faith at negative fella

User Info: the_kaskuser

the_kaskuser
4 years ago#3
lucky_sharm19 posted...
Beating the crap out of another male character for trivial reasons? Break a CD? Kick to the balls. Make pervy comments? Get pushed off a god damned cliff onto a shallow waterfall full of jagged rocks. Misinterpret a comment as a pervy one? Eat another fist sandwich. Seriously? It's not funny, it's just unjust and just plain wrong.

which scene about eat another fish sandwitch? i don't remember :S
those scene aren't really bad , there are scenes worse than that , like these one [SPOILER ALERT] : when they are in amagi inn , they just shoo boys , and when it's actually boy's time to have the hot spring , they just said "Oh well, if we just keep silent about it, it will still be a secret " . . . Wow,that's jerks

Or when nanako died,then dojima wanted to go to namatame room , our navigator just keep shouting "Senpai,.senpai!" , that scenes really annoy me ,not just shouting in hospital , but damn ... why doesn't she just stop dojima right at that moment?

User Info: Bmttbrandon

Bmttbrandon
4 years ago#4
Yeahh, i mean sometimes its a liiittle understandable but other times its like...wth? Its funny the first few times, but i remember when i got to the hot springs incident and it got me really annoyed, because this crap happens in real life too.
(╯□)╯
"Don't Think, Feel!" -Chie Satonaka

User Info: WiiFan77

WiiFan77
4 years ago#5
Because it's funny, and the writers were going for comedy.

I personally think it's just as funny for male characters to do the same. But many people take violence against females more seriously than violence against men. As a result, it won't be as common for male characters to do that, even in comedy.
Hello? Taste? Where are you? This...doesn't taste like anything! This is amazing! It's like I'm eating friggin' water! How is this even...? -Junpei__Iori

User Info: lucky_sharm19

lucky_sharm19
4 years ago#6
Some_Hoar posted...
welcome to double standards and japanese humour

enjoy your stay

I don't know about that. In Persona 3, Yukari wasn't nearly as caustic towards Junpei as Chie was towards Yosuke. I wished they could have come up with a better dynamic besides FIGHT FIGHT MAKE UP MAKE UP

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
4 years ago#7
Seriously. Junpei and Yukari may have nagged each other and such, but they shared a friendly rapport, and Yukari definitely worried about him a lot. Yosuke and Chie come across like coworkers who can't stand each other but get along to get the job done, and their friendly moments were just that: disjointed moments in time.
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).

User Info: tarenwanderer

tarenwanderer
4 years ago#8
There's a reason Chie is arguably the least liked major character in the game.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoubleStandardAbuseFemaleOnMale

(you have all just lost four hours of your life)
We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ Delusion of Stability

User Info: DynamicJumpIuff

DynamicJumpIuff
4 years ago#9
tarenwanderer posted...
There's a reason Chie is arguably the least liked major character in the game.

Seriously? I thought that would have been Yukiko or Teddie.
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/pugwishbone17/Gifs/vkmad.gif

User Info: WiiFan77

WiiFan77
4 years ago#10
Really? I thought Yukiko was one of the "neither-particularly-liked-or-disliked" characters.
Hello? Taste? Where are you? This...doesn't taste like anything! This is amazing! It's like I'm eating friggin' water! How is this even...? -Junpei__Iori
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  3. Why can't a female character's "toughness" be established without...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived