Why can't a female character's "toughness" be established without...

#1lucky_sharm19Posted 6/1/2012 6:08:16 PM
Beating the crap out of another male character for trivial reasons? Break a CD? Kick to the balls. Make pervy comments? Get pushed off a god damned cliff onto a shallow waterfall full of jagged rocks. Misinterpret a comment as a pervy one? Eat another fist sandwich. Seriously? It's not funny, it's just unjust and just plain wrong.
#2Some_HoarPosted 6/1/2012 6:16:30 PM
welcome to double standards and japanese humour

enjoy your stay
---
worrin's just having the faith at negative fella
#3the_kaskuserPosted 6/1/2012 8:13:01 PM
lucky_sharm19 posted...
Beating the crap out of another male character for trivial reasons? Break a CD? Kick to the balls. Make pervy comments? Get pushed off a god damned cliff onto a shallow waterfall full of jagged rocks. Misinterpret a comment as a pervy one? Eat another fist sandwich. Seriously? It's not funny, it's just unjust and just plain wrong.

which scene about eat another fish sandwitch? i don't remember :S
those scene aren't really bad , there are scenes worse than that , like these one [SPOILER ALERT] : when they are in amagi inn , they just shoo boys , and when it's actually boy's time to have the hot spring , they just said "Oh well, if we just keep silent about it, it will still be a secret " . . . Wow,that's jerks

Or when nanako died,then dojima wanted to go to namatame room , our navigator just keep shouting "Senpai,.senpai!" , that scenes really annoy me ,not just shouting in hospital , but damn ... why doesn't she just stop dojima right at that moment?
#4BmttbrandonPosted 6/1/2012 8:14:10 PM
Yeahh, i mean sometimes its a liiittle understandable but other times its like...wth? Its funny the first few times, but i remember when i got to the hot springs incident and it got me really annoyed, because this crap happens in real life too.
---
(╯□)╯
"Don't Think, Feel!" -Chie Satonaka
#5WiiFan77Posted 6/2/2012 9:58:22 AM
Because it's funny, and the writers were going for comedy.

I personally think it's just as funny for male characters to do the same. But many people take violence against females more seriously than violence against men. As a result, it won't be as common for male characters to do that, even in comedy.
---
Hello? Taste? Where are you? This...doesn't taste like anything! This is amazing! It's like I'm eating friggin' water! How is this even...? -Junpei__Iori
#6lucky_sharm19(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 3:45:55 PM
Some_Hoar posted...
welcome to double standards and japanese humour

enjoy your stay

I don't know about that. In Persona 3, Yukari wasn't nearly as caustic towards Junpei as Chie was towards Yosuke. I wished they could have come up with a better dynamic besides FIGHT FIGHT MAKE UP MAKE UP
#7Ecclesiastes273Posted 6/2/2012 4:30:52 PM
Seriously. Junpei and Yukari may have nagged each other and such, but they shared a friendly rapport, and Yukari definitely worried about him a lot. Yosuke and Chie come across like coworkers who can't stand each other but get along to get the job done, and their friendly moments were just that: disjointed moments in time.
---
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).
#8tarenwandererPosted 6/2/2012 5:10:21 PM
There's a reason Chie is arguably the least liked major character in the game.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoubleStandardAbuseFemaleOnMale

(you have all just lost four hours of your life)
---
We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking. - Mark Twain
~ The Planeswalker ~ Delusion of Stability
#9DynamicJumpIuffPosted 6/2/2012 5:24:18 PM
tarenwanderer posted...
There's a reason Chie is arguably the least liked major character in the game.

Seriously? I thought that would have been Yukiko or Teddie.
---
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/pugwishbone17/Gifs/vkmad.gif
#10WiiFan77Posted 6/2/2012 5:48:55 PM(edited)
Really? I thought Yukiko was one of the "neither-particularly-liked-or-disliked" characters.
---
Hello? Taste? Where are you? This...doesn't taste like anything! This is amazing! It's like I'm eating friggin' water! How is this even...? -Junpei__Iori