Wins?

#1ian899Posted 8/24/2008 10:26:32 AM
I have played a few games now online, but I can't get a win and I don't mean I can't win due to inability. I have had people quit at least three times even when I click show no mercy I don't get the win. I heard from someone who owns a PS3 that I have to finish out the game against the computer? Secondly, I then had a person concede defeat and I STILL didn't get the win. Then to top it all off I actually played a game all the way through (won the game) and couldn't manage to get the win. These were ranked, and I just clicked joined random opponent. Any idea why I can't get wins?
---
The lord of Murder Shall perish but in his death he shall spawn a score or mortal progeny...Chaos shall be sown in their footsteps. So sayeth the wise Alamondo
#2GreatY2EPosted 8/24/2008 4:00:14 PM
same thing with me. I just don't understand it. I was up 42-0 today in the 3rd quarter, and the guy quits....i put no mercy and i never got the win. which i think was unfair...
---
"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair." Kuja, FF9
MKWii FC: 4682-9501-7780
#3ian899(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2008 6:53:49 PM
Maybe we should all contact EA?
---
The lord of Murder Shall perish but in his death he shall spawn a score or mortal progeny...Chaos shall be sown in their footsteps. So sayeth the wise Alamondo
#4KegerzPosted 8/25/2008 12:38:44 PM
Im so down for contacting them..you know how much time is wasted when you dont even get a win to show for it? Thats some BS. Although a lot more people have been staying on as of late. *knock on wood*
#5ian899(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2008 4:28:17 PM
I have noticed that sometimes it works other times it doesn't at least when the opponent actually concedes. I have no idea how it works.
---
#6Yankeeboy51228Posted 8/26/2008 8:30:47 AM
Alright guys, here it is...(from my experience thus far)

If a player quits before the first quarter is over, even if you finish against the computer, you will NOT get a win. Never grant mercy to a player and never accept a friendly quit just because that player cannot compete against you. Always finish against the computer ONLY if it is after the first quarter. I have not had a problem with my method so far and have gotten the win each time a player has quit on me (second quarter and on). It may seem harsh to never grant mercy or accept a friendly quit, but if someone is playing against me, I expect them to finish what they got themselves into. Granted, disconnects do happen, but most of the time it is blatantly obvious when someone quits. Hope this helps some people!
---
Guitar Hero 3 FC: 2835 9115 4127