Here come the bugs?

#1CyrilinPosted 9/25/2008 8:21:10 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love TG 1 and 2. However... We all know that to compensate for their exception al game-making abilities, Jowood excels at making games terribly buggy and providing the worst customer support I have ever seen. I highly doubt that the old bugs will be fixed, either. All in all, I am curious but not overly excited. Your opinions?
---
Ich geh nie mehr, Ich bleib für immer hier! Ich geb 'n Scheiß auf euch Punks weil ihr mich nicht interessiert!
#2moc5Posted 9/29/2008 11:57:08 PM
I hope there's new content as well as the new maps in this upcoming version. To bwe hoest, I'd rather play the first one; it was paced better and had more to do with more options. The second, less detailed one was good, but lacking comparatively speaking. Just what kind of new content will there be? Don't tell me that this game is just about a playing the same game with new maps, because I dont think anyone will buy that.
#3Asuka-LangleyPosted 10/7/2008 3:20:33 PM

I loved Europa 1400 but the Guild 2 was terribly bugged to the point where I just didnt enjoy the game because of all the performance bugs and glitches

characters age alot quicker in The Guild 2 then they did in Europa 1400 as well which I didnt like either.

#4fugtPosted 10/8/2008 8:58:58 AM
just got the game at its buggy.

1st. There is a bug, that makes a runtime error crash. But it can be bypass by lowering something the graphics settings, not sure exactly what yet.(My GTX280 is not supported by the game, and the bug can be bypass. So its okay)

2nd. The bug that makes the game UNplayable, Save-data corruption. I wanted to reload a save because i had bribed the wrong person, but after loading 30% the game, it just crashed to desktop. No error message or anything just black sreen then desktop. So i started the game again tried me 2nd save, same thing. then restarted the pc, and tried my 3rd and last save... same thing again, /cry

This is just a little warning to everybody who is gonna buy this game. Wait for the patch!.
I believe the patch will be done before the game gets release in Europa.
---
Distortion is like a trophy wife that you can take to classy places, but a Fuzz is like a little whore that does all those nasty things you really like.
#5Talus057Posted 10/9/2008 10:51:20 AM
ignore fugt. i do not have either of those 2 issues.

he says it himself, his hardware isn't supported by the game.
#6fugtPosted 10/9/2008 12:49:47 PM
Talus057 what windows are you using xp/vista? im using vista home and i fear it may be vista's fault my game is so buggy.

---
Distortion is like a trophy wife that you can take to classy places, but a Fuzz is like a little whore that does all those nasty things you really like.
#7Cranberry2Posted 10/10/2008 5:38:49 PM
About corrupt save files, I had this issue in Sid Meier's Railroad were a save file would not load and instead crash. To get arround it, what I do is always save the game at any moment in two different files. Whenever I had the problem the other file always worked and periodic saving help it too.
#8fugtPosted 10/11/2008 4:07:35 AM
^thats where i got a problem, it corrupts ALL of my saved files data's. If 1 gets corrupted, they all gets corrupted.
i have even tried manually moving the save files to a safe location, but it only stops the corruption from affecting the other save files and i have to do it while the game is still running. one save files at a time, as i save. it worked for a while but then i got a save that just crashes after a minute.
Plus with all the random crashes i get all the time (caused by my graphic driver im sure)
its just getting to much.
---
#9fugtPosted 10/11/2008 12:15:35 PM
looks like a few people on the JoWooD forum have the same save problem as i have. Good to know it isn't just my machine.
---
#10mattstone12Posted 10/11/2008 12:26:14 PM
the problems are different for everyone, i have NEVER had a problem in the guild 2.