Anyone need any help?

#51CorkadilePosted 1/27/2012 5:04:59 AM
Do a combination of her HP-draining attacks to get her to 1 HP (which you can do, I don't remember which combo of skills you have to do to do that), swap her out on the last attack, manual swap her back in to do No Bullying! is a 100% safe way to do it. Not the best way, but the safest way.

Almost all the enemies in the bonus dungeon take 1 damage from everything unless the hit is a critical (which ignores all forms of defense). A lot of things will also one-shot you. It's actually harder on the PS2 version, the toned it down a little on the PSP version, it's one of the only parts of the game that's actually mildly challenging, and there's a boss in there if you don't fight well he becomes unbeatable.
---
This guy is not what he pretends to be. He's the Devil.
#52CorkadilePosted 1/27/2012 5:05:02 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53lilfairyPosted 1/29/2012 4:51:09 AM
Okay so I beat the game and tried the bonus dungeon. I encountered a new enemy (forgot his name), but there was only one of him and he was quite slow, and the turn he tried to attack me, I always swapped Pamela in not only to use her Have Fun abilities, but to nullify the damage. At that time I didn't know what this enemy can possibly do, and just now I ran into a monster at night, and these new enemies slaughtered me with their spells. Dealt at least 500? 900 damage? Multiple times. What the...

I was trying to gather the "core" materials, as suggested by the guide, to boost my equipments first, so... Lol I'm still shocked.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.
#54CorkadilePosted 1/29/2012 3:37:25 PM
Don't fight at night, don't let them get a turn to hit you, make sure you use a defense Support so they can't kill everyone at once. Take your pick.
---
#55lilfairyPosted 1/29/2012 5:04:31 PM
Treasure capes... here I come. I can't bring myself to stop playing this game, for some reason.

Anyway for the cores-- do enemies drop them, or I have to manually find them in the bonus dungeon floors? I tried to farm the bags but they rarely appeared at all, which is frustrating.
#56xfyrenxPosted 2/8/2012 8:17:17 PM
Questions!

What do the abilities attack/defence spec do? I can't find it anywhere (maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but still)
Are the stat boosts given by the fruits permanent (not talking about NG+)?
What are the conditions for Fatal Blow to work? I've seen it work on boss type enemies and was rather surprised.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
Black FC 2623-2687-6904 OT Vanessa
#57CorkadilePosted 2/8/2012 11:53:11 PM
They boost ATK/MAG or DEF/RES, depending on which. The trick is they stack with things like ATK+ and such, where other similar effects wouldn't.

Yes.

Honestly don't know.
---
#58xfyrenxPosted 2/9/2012 12:48:08 AM
Cheers. That was faster than I expected.

So the fruits are incredibly useful, aren't they?
---
#59CorkadilePosted 2/9/2012 11:07:28 AM
Eh. They add up I guess, but one stat point easily isn't that much. Even SPD, since there is actually a constant that's added to it (I want to say it's 100). The game's also easy to begin with, so it's not like you really need it.
---
#60xfyrenxPosted 2/18/2012 6:20:26 AM
Question about synthesis partners. I know Jess will always pick the opposite element, making the Ether level drop, while Roxis always chooses the corresponding ones for the highest Ether level, and Anna keeps it the same by choosing neutral elements. What about the others? I seem to remember it's random, but how random is it really, if at all?

Also, is there a list somewhere of what Ether levels correspond to what effects for each item?
---