Strange Lag...

#1Woods_SpiritPosted 4/2/2009 7:23:57 PM
For some reason, the results screen always takes forever to disappear. I am not sure if it is just lag or what the problem might be. The game runs just fine otherwise.

Any suggestions?
---
~ Host of ELITE GAMES XXII ~
#2Draconi_2Posted 4/2/2009 9:56:08 PM
I've seen lots of people with this problem. At times I also had those myself. All I can say is that it's a connection related problem, I can't say what causes it.

Just for testing though, solo a dungeon and see how long it takes. The regular way is, items gets distributed almost instantaneously, then some 10 seconds later it gets you back to the room.
---
Draconi - Perfect and Just Great
RISLIM GET YOU
#3Woods_Spirit(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2009 6:40:09 PM
Nope, it usually takes around 30-35 seconds to get back to the room... This is annoying because I often get expelled from the room before I actually get back to it. Sometimes this even prevents me from collecting items after it is over.
---
#4Draconi_2Posted 4/4/2009 8:19:09 PM

Sometimes this even prevents me from collecting items after it is over.

No it doesn't. As long as you're in the room until the items get distributed, you can leave the room or get kicked and you you'll still get the items
---
RISLIM GET YOU
#5Woods_Spirit(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2009 11:23:58 PM
No it doesn't. As long as you're in the room until the items get distributed, you can leave the room or get kicked and you you'll still get the items

I was talking about items that get distributed immediately, such as quest items. If I get kicked out of the room before I get off the collection/results screen [which happens often] then I do not receive the aforementioned items until I enter a new room. Also, the flashing BONUS thing [not sure what it is for, but whatever] will continue to flash until I start a new dungeon.
---
#6PhantasmplusPosted 4/8/2009 10:58:41 AM
Hm. I don't know. This hasn't happened to me before but the only thing I can suggest which probably doesn't even have anything to do with this is open the game, then alt tab and then ctrl+alt+del and go to Processes and find Grand Chases EXE run file thing. Whatever Grand Chases one is. And right click it, scroll down to Set Affinity and if you have a multicore computer like I do, you should see that you have both CPU 0 and CPU 1 active. Uncheck CPU 1. Or CPU 0, whichever. Just make it so that only one CPU is running. It fixes my rubber banding and other such lag issues.
#7Draconi_2Posted 4/8/2009 7:04:16 PM
you should just play in your own rooms then. I've been doing that forever because I've been tired of enemies lagging, disconnects, getting kicked out of room because someone didn't like to lose, etc
---
RISLIM GET YOU
#8Woods_Spirit(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2009 6:41:44 PM
you should just play in your own rooms then

I tried that too... Did not solve the problem though. It still took 30-35 seconds for the results screen to go away.
---
#9Draconi_2Posted 4/16/2009 11:55:15 AM
Not to solve the problem. To avoid getting kicked.
---
RISLIM GET YOU