orks vs tyranids

#11No2WookiePosted 1/9/2009 12:11:48 PM
Orks are definitely much more ranged oriented than nids.

In that they have more guns. It all balances out with how often orks miss.

In a prolonged fight Orks will win. I believe without a doubt that Orks will win the Nid vs Ork war on planet Octavia. Reason being, because it's a war of attrition and a long drawn out fight, which Tyranids do not excel at, in comparison to Orks.

rawng

As the fight goes on Orks will grow larger, they will produce more boyz and machines of war, and Orks from all over the place will be drawn to the fighting. Orks are built for war, and excel at it (it's built into their genetic makeup). So they can and will adapt to the conflict, and can do so at any time. Unlike Tyranids who evolve and change after the planets resistance has been wiped out, and all the organic matters has been striped from the planet.

Tyranids don't start changing and evolving when all resistance is wiped out. They change and evolve as soon as there's a compelling need to, which can be minutes into the invasion. See: Second ultramarine book.

Tyranids prefer to cut off communication, hit hard with overwhelming numbers, and wipe out all resistance quickly. They do this in stages of invasion, and they won't be able to replace all their lost units until after the final stage of invasion is complete (which requires all major resistance to be defeated). So the nids can run out of steam if they are forced into a long, tough, drawn out war. This is where Orks excel, because they don't want to stop fighting, and enjoy long drawn out battles, and they gain tremendous strength as the war goes on.

From the very first spore mine to the very last drop of bastion of resistance, tyranids are constantly being reinforced. The only way to stop the flow is to off the hive ships. No one has ever beaten a tyranid fleet because it simply ran out of tyranids. No one.

Also worth mentioning, Tyranids overwhelm their enemies with incredible psychic power (Shadow of the Warp). This instills an uncontrollable fear in their enemies, and cuts off communication with armies that make use of warp communication. Well Orks aren't effected by this. They are powered by WAAAGH! energy, and their communications and mental toughness will not be altered by the Tyranids. This is a huge advantage to the Orks as well.

Shadow in the warp does not work that way! /morbo

Tyranids also send genestealers blah blah blah

The most correct thing you've mentioned, but genestealer cults still aren't made obsolete.

Both sides have effective weaponry to combat one another. So the only way Nids could beat Orks is if they managed to hit them hard and fast, and wiped them out before more boyz could be drawn into the fight, and a WAAAGH! could be started. Otherwise, the Tyranids are screwed.

I'm only summarizing everything, because there's a lot you could talk about. So in short, the success for both armies would be situational, but Orks undoubtedly have the upper hand when it comes to a planetary conflict.

You're playing with the big boys now. It's time to step up your fluff game.
---
HERE I COME LONGSHANK!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/No2wookie/LOLFurries.jpg
#12Tenoh HarukaPosted 1/9/2009 1:30:18 PM
There are a lot of Orks. A lot of Orks=a lot of dead Ork bodies after a battle, and more dead bodies=more biomass=more Tyranids.

I could see a full on Tyranid/Ork war going on for a long long time.

Actually, I think it's mentioned in the Caiphas Cain novel "Duty Calls" that a Hive fleet was lured into battling with a massive ork infested system on purpose by the Imperium as a stalling tactic. But it was also mentioned that Cain would be afraid to fight the victor of that wat because then they'd either be fighting a MASSIVE Tyranid hive fleet bloated on huge reserves of Ork biomass, or they'd have to contend with a horrendously powerful Ork force that grew immensely strong after years of constant war with a horde of Tyranids, because Orkz get stronger through making war remember.
---
Haruhiist
Current fav read: Special A
#13Templar_shadowPosted 1/9/2009 1:33:50 PM
Wook you forgot to throw down the gauntlet!

*gives Wook a gauntlet*
---
"You can't beat a guy with infinite continues."
~ Solid Snake to Big Boss
#14superpplPosted 1/9/2009 3:22:27 PM
Don't forget that ork sporing can create something out of nothing. This creates a potential of infinite biological mass; meaning the fight can go on forever for both sides. Furthermore, since mass=energy, and both orkz and 'nids have souls, this giant fight could attract the Dark Eldar, Chaos and Necrons.
Now that would make an interesting fight!
#15No2WookiePosted 1/9/2009 4:42:55 PM
Don't forget that ork sporing can create something out of nothing. This creates a potential of infinite biological mass; meaning the fight can go on forever for both sides. Furthermore, since mass=energy, and both orkz and 'nids have souls, this giant fight could attract the Dark Eldar, Chaos and Necrons.
Now that would make an interesting fight!

*Hurls gauntlet into this guy's face.*
---
HERE I COME LONGSHANK!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v663/No2wookie/LOLFurries.jpg
#16Ork_HeroPosted 1/9/2009 4:52:14 PM
You dropped your dice
---
'Ere we go!
#17F1_2004(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2009 5:19:16 PM
can we discuss the game mechanics and not the lore?
#18superpplPosted 1/9/2009 8:54:06 PM
*Eats the gauntlet, and proceeds to shoot lazers out of his magical zapper tree branch*
#19bringerofnachosPosted 1/9/2009 9:50:10 PM
for the sake of it, i presume the tc has never read a 'nid codex.
Kryptman lured hive fleet leviathan into the ork empire by planting genestealers there, granted he had to commander a space hulk and blow up a moon to do it. the original genestealers were killed off by the orks, but soon the infestation called the hive fleet, and now we have a massive war.
---
when in the Imperium of Man, do as the Inquisition does, BURN THE HERETIC.
#20noxboxlivePosted 1/10/2009 9:53:00 AM
F1_2004 posted...
can we discuss the game mechanics and not the lore?

but the lore is so fun