How can I "delete" buildings?

#1MazryonhPosted 9/26/2010 9:58:43 AM
Back in the days of DoW1, I remember how you could destroy unwanted squads/vehicles/buildings in your army just by selecting them and then hitting the "Delete" key. I realize that there aren't a lot buildings anymore this time around, but there are still a few I would like to blow up when they lose their usefulness to me.

I recently got the CR pack (because I like Chaos) and while the various Chaos Shrines are highly useful, they're not that useful once the lines of battle move elsewhere. I would like to know if there is anyway to self-destruct the shrines--from what I can tell I can't even order my own units to fire on them. Shrines to Nurgle make excellent reinforcment and healing spots, while Shrines to Tzeentch make for excellent ersatz field artillery, because you can build one close to the battle lines and worship it for continuous doombolt blasts.

By the way, has anyone found a real use for the bloodletters spawned from Shrines to Khorne? They don't last very long and only come in two at a time, so they aren't much by themselves other than a stopgap measure for defending an area before reinforcements arrive.
---
In the name of gaming quality, I post this link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZQEvg1V0Y
#2ThingsFallApartPosted 9/26/2010 11:19:21 PM
You paid for the shrine, why would you want to destroy it? You don't get any resources back, and it will still be there the next time you're in the area. As far as I know there is no way to purposefully destroy your own stuff, since there's not any reason to want to do that.

They don't last very long and only come in two at a time, so they aren't much by themselves other than a stopgap measure for defending an area before reinforcements arrive.

Considering the price of the shrine and the fact it periodically gives you an unlimited number of what are considered elite melee units, I'd say it is working as intended. Yes they can't stop a full attack by themselves, but they're not meant to. If you want more, build more shrines. They are especially useful when combined with a team mate's turret as well.
---
But I'm not a marine biologist.
#3_Margulis_Posted 9/27/2010 6:23:09 PM

Because they deplete pop cap (5 per shrine, I believe).

The only way I can think of to remove them after they are built is to fire rockets at the ground under them or maybe have cultists with gernade launchers fire at the ground under it. If you have an Eldar team member you could ask them to fire D-cannons (either plateform or wraithguard) or Fireprism at the ground under it. Basically anything that does explosive damage should work I think (i've never tried it myself).

#4Mazryonh(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2010 9:01:20 PM
Yes, I am asking this because buildable turrets and shrines (and other such commander-built cost population) and not being able to delete them upon command means they're still taking up valuable population cap space even when the location they're in isn't tactically valuable anymore.

Maybe I'll ask for such a feature to be included in the next patch on the relicnews forums.

At least you can always send unwanted units out on a suicide mission.
---
In the name of gaming quality, I post this link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZQEvg1V0Y
#5ThingsFallApartPosted 9/28/2010 12:20:15 AM
You shouldn't be building things in places that aren't useful throughout the game, key points are key for the whole match. If you're in a position where that 5 pop is preventing you from getting a unit, you must be easily winning with a full army.
---
But I'm not a marine biologist.
#6NiteShadeXPosted 9/29/2010 1:52:51 PM

Wierd how they never added a delete or sell feature...