First Impressions

#11ferofaxPosted 9/16/2008 7:31:53 PM
oh man, i just got this game and it's already distracted me far too much than i anticipated, lol. i have to say, i really like this game, and the graphics remind me of well polished SNES games (which i really like, if well done). and the way the game is presented to you isn't so bad, since the novice levels are easy enough that it gets you cocky and hooks you in, but the real meat is in the higher difficulties. chaos, indeed. the tutorial is pretty meh though. i couldn't even find headwind there, so much for a library (more like a list). but since it's a budget title, i'm not surprised.

i know it's pretty early, but if there's a part 2 coming, going GLOBAL would be nice, like more international airports on more countries (and add NASA launches and reentry as unlockables).

"Houston, we have liftoff." ^_^

---
currently playing: Metroid Prime Hunters, Shiren the Wanderer, Powder, Nethack
Shiren FC: 2406-7591-5946
#12NightFalcon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2008 8:37:44 PM
Page 1:

-Novice ATC
-Beginner ATC
-Semi-pro ATC
-??? (probably after all Expert is completed)

Page 2:
-Inept Rookie
-Notable newcomer
-??
-??

Page 3:
-Mr Trouble (It seems no planes are moving. Are you sure you know what you're doing?)
-Collision King (Watch out! They're gonna collide! Do you realize what you've done? This job isn't for you.) [Make two planes run head first into each other at either a taxi-way or a run way)

So far, that's all I've got.
---
"Only two species war against each other: Ants and Humans.Talk about being civilized...
#13ferofaxPosted 9/17/2008 3:24:10 AM
i think to get the titles you need to fulfill the event a couple of times. I've had one mid-air collision and 3 ground collisions but no title yet...
---
#14A7thStevePosted 9/17/2008 9:37:13 AM
Awesome game, but I'd like another difficulty level, I end up doing the easier levels over and over, but they don't help you prepare for the harder difficulty (where I usually have a crash 6 minutes in).
#15Hiroshi_MishimaPosted 9/17/2008 4:12:24 PM
Is this game anything like Aerobiz? I loved that on the SNES, and when I first heard about the game, that's what I thought of. But you guys having played it might be able to shed some light.
#16SymphoniousSkyPosted 9/17/2008 7:22:53 PM
It's not nearly as crappy as Aerobiz if that answers your question.
---
"Considering all Wii games run in 480p, that would make it 60fps." -micmal on Ghost Squad
#17ferofaxPosted 9/17/2008 11:19:39 PM
aerobiz is more like a business sim, right? Where you buy planes and airports? This one doesn't involve any economic decisions, just pure hectic, absolutely toxic fun. when you're starting to stack planes in the air for as long as you can and landing planes almost consecutively, and even managing taxiing traffic, you'll know what i mean.
---
#18phil911Posted 9/18/2008 12:28:48 AM

I bought this game out of curiosity, boy what a surprise !

This game is highly addictive, and the graphs remind me the snes ( as someone already mentioned in his post above) .

Overall this game is in my top ten DS list !!!!!

#19kyoboyPosted 9/18/2008 12:32:58 AM
I completed the five stages in Expert, and yup, I got the "Veteran ATC" title (also, you get to see the credits).
I'm wondering now if you get the 6 remaining titles in pages 2 and 4 after raising your total score to certain amounts (let's say, one million points for each title?).
Also, it seems the only thing that determines the rank is the Stress (since the randomization in this game is slim to none and you always get the same scores), and you need 10% Stress or less to get an S Rank... and that's the hardest to get in the 3rd and 4th stages.
#20ferofaxPosted 9/19/2008 2:51:56 AM
some--no, okay--a LOT of pilots piss their pants when you make 'em wait a millisecond. at least, that's what they seem to me, especially in Expert stages.
---