Rank all 23 cases(possible spoilers) part 2

#41Nightingale7Posted 3/24/2010 5:59:47 AM
Turnabout Ablaze

This is all just my opinion, so please don't get too worked up if you disagree with it. >_>
And heck, MAJOR SPOILERS FOR EVERYTHING from this point on.
23. The Lost Turnabout (2-1)
Where to begin? Gumshoe's whole testimony was tedious and unexciting, and a terrible way to open the game. I was really excited to start JFA and this first section really made me worried as to whether the game would match PW1's greatness. The broken neck thing, as a lot of people have said, is honestly inexcusable, especially from a series that puts so much effort into making everything make sense. Can anyone honestly say they didn't try to point that out at the start and got penalized? After Gumshoe's testimony, Wellington's was decent fun, but it doesn't make up for the beginning, so I have to give this the 'worst case of the series' position. Clever twist with the business card at the end though.

22. The First Turnabout (1-1)
Like 2-1, it doesn't really have anything. But it doesn't PRETEND to, either. 2-1 is a really simple case that drags much longer than it needs to. 1-1 is a really simple case that wraps up after like two or three testimonies, which is much less offensive. So that's why this case manages to avoid the 'worst case of the series' position. Oh, and Mia being alive and not in a flashback feels so weird when replaying.

21. Turnabout Serenade (4-3)
Ugh...the song video. The SONG VIDEO. I'm sure it must have played at least fifteen times. Aside from that...the case itself is just stupid. There is no reason at all to suspect Machi. Klavier makes a big deal about how hard the gun is to fire, so how can he claim that a little boy used it without suffering any injury and not realise the huge contradiction? And how does Apollo not just point this out and get a Not Guilty ten seconds into the trial? Also, the 'he can't speak English, yes he can, he's blind, no, he can see, but Lamiroir's blind!' seemed really ludicrous and created plotholes (if she's blind then how can she see the evidence you present to her at the start of the case?). And the one really cool twist that the case had, the crime following the lyrics of the song, ended up just being explained away with 'Oh, it was just a coincidence.' I was really, really looking forward to hearing the explanation for that, and that was a horrible anticlimax. Oh, and the killer was really obvious by process of elimination. Yeah, in case you can't tell, I hate this case. 1-1 and 2-1 only lose to it because they have literally nothing, while this case does have a few decent ideas behind it. But they're all either underplayed or explained terribly, so it goes down here. Oh yeah, and I also hated how they would have flashbacks of things that were said only a minute ago, but that's a problem for all of AJ really. Just this case does it the most, or it seemed so to me anyway.

Great post, but what do you mean by the "broken neck, inexcusable"? I remember the case not being extremely great, so I never replayed it.

---
Yoshi0o0:What if they attacked from Mexico? The US doesn't seem to be able to stop anyone coming from there. :P
Harvestdude:US will win we have chuck norris.
#42shadow chao 10Posted 3/24/2010 6:48:22 AM
At first they were claiming that the victim wrote the killer's name in the sand, but I would imagine that since he broke his neck on the fall, it would be near-impossible to do that, especially in such clear handwriting. But no, we had to point out that it was spelt wrong instead...
---
~Space for rent~
#43Flapjack727Posted 3/24/2010 11:04:15 AM
Short Case:
4-1
I-1
3-4
2-1
3-1
1-1

Long Case:
3-2
I-3
3-3
I-4
4-3
2-3
4-2
I-2
1-2
2-2
1-3

Final Case:
2-4
3-5
I-5
1-5
1-4
4-4

It's unfair to compare the epic final cases to the quick single day cases. So I split my list into three sections.
---
LIFE IS PAIN, Highness! Anyone who says differently is selling something.
What a crazy, random happenstance!
#44Flapjack727Posted 3/24/2010 11:09:42 AM
...Upon reviewing my list once more I seem to have realized that 4-3 is WAY too high. It should be at the bottom of the Long Case list. My only explanantion is that I seem to have blocked off the memories related to that video. Thank god.

I stand by my placing for 2-1 though. It's a combination of Maggey's introduction, the silly amnesia stuff, neck strangulation, and the bananas line. I also quickly noticed the misspelling, so that might have helped.
---
#45mario2000Posted 3/24/2010 11:50:48 AM
On an unrelated note, it annoys me how Phoenix doesn't recognise Grossberg from 3-1

Why would he? He saw him for maybe 2 seconds 3 years ago.
---
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash
#46shadow chao 10Posted 3/24/2010 12:21:58 PM
Uh...two seconds? He was standing at the defense bench assisting Mia for the whole trial. And it was Phoenix who was on trial, so I highly doubt the details of the case wouldn't have stuck in his mind.
---
~Space for rent~
#47Flapjack727Posted 3/24/2010 2:50:41 PM
Well he never actually spoke to Grossberg or anything. He probably just didn't care.

At least it's not as bad as Edgeworth forgetting Kay.
---
#48mario2000Posted 3/24/2010 3:27:28 PM
At least it's not as bad as Edgeworth forgetting Kay.

The time gap here is even bigger. Why on earth would Edgey remember her?
---
Arrrr the SS Goku, Mighty fine boat... -fatmatt
Hope Frieza doesn't chuck an Iceberg at the Goku, otherwise it's all over. -Nekoslash
#49Nightingale7Posted 3/24/2010 6:00:57 PM

At first they were claiming that the victim wrote the killer's name in the sand, but I would imagine that since he broke his neck on the fall, it would be near-impossible to do that, especially in such clear handwriting. But no, we had to point out that it was spelt wrong instead...

You never know, after all, someone was hit by a car, thrown away thirty feet, hit a telephone pole and walked away with a sprained ankle.

That does sound ridiculous though.

---
Yoshi0o0:What if they attacked from Mexico? The US doesn't seem to be able to stop anyone coming from there. :P
Harvestdude:US will win we have chuck norris.
#50shadow chao 10Posted 3/25/2010 12:23:05 AM
The time gap here is even bigger. Why on earth would Edgey remember her?

He wouldn't have recognised her at first sight, but I find it ridiculous that hearing 'Faraday' and 'Yatagarasu' wouldn't bring back memories of that case, however long ago it was. Especially since we are led to believe he took over Faraday's office.
---
~Space for rent~