Rank all 23 cases(possible spoilers) part 2

#61Hoffy_Posted 3/28/2010 7:41:26 PM
The love of 2-4 is sickening. It's a decent case for sure, but the end drags on way too much and it just gets boring. I'd argue that 1-4, 1-5, 3-5, and 5-5 are all better, as well as a few non-final cases.
---
Currently playing: Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
#62shadow chao 10Posted 3/29/2010 12:17:48 AM
People with a different opinion to you are sickening. Wow. And I thought I was opinionated.

And 2-4 is probably the only final case which never felt like it was dragging, IMO.
---
~Space for rent~
#63Hoffy_Posted 3/29/2010 9:42:28 AM
I suppose I could have used a better word. How can you say that 2-4 didn't drag? I don't want to post spoilers, but Phoenix had to keep wasting time which just got boring fast. It would have been better if he could have turned on the guy a lot earlier.
---
#64BigTheBratPosted 3/29/2010 11:59:46 AM

From: shadow chao 10 | Posted: 3/28/2010 7:56:38 PM | #059
Wait, am I missing something here? How would Zak be able to prove Kristoph forged evidence any more than Phoenix could?
Sure he could prove that the diary page WAS forged easily enough, but there was no way of proving that Kristoph did it. IIRC, anyway.

IIRC, Zak was there when Trucy gave Phoenix the forged evidence. If Zak revealed that Trucy gave Phoenix the diary page, Trucy could trace the diary page back to Kristoph. I think something like this was mentioned near the end of the case. However, what doesn't make sense is why Phoenix didn't tell anyone this info. The only reason I can think for this is that if he did, people may think Zak made the forgery. However, if Zak and Trucy said the same thing as Phoenix, people would be suspicious.
---
Uh, Nick, what does 'sucksores' mean? ;-;
#65getar1234Posted 3/29/2010 12:16:26 PM
I haven't played Miles edgeworth ace attorney yet :( but I wanted to do this anyway :P

18. Turnabout Serenade

Words can;'t actually show how much I hate this case, if it isn't the annoying song video being shoved down your throat, to show off the ds's hardware, it's te fact the defendant is blind, NOT, he can't speak english, NOT. Also, the new chracters diden't do it for me, I did like the whole Daryan hair breakdown though :D.

17. Turnabout Sisters

I also hated this case, it was very boring, obvious and most all stupid, ok, mia being killed was a huge shock but they showed the killer AND TOLD YOU HIS NAME!!!! I mean come on!

16. The Lost Turnabout

Finally a new Phoenix wright game! What great ideas will come up this time? How about amenisia, a stupid death and boring testimonys? Ok, I liked Maggey, dunno why, but the whole, he died because he got pushed seemed a bit stupid and the whole amnesia thing? Whatever.

15. The First Turnabout

The first ever case, of course this was never going to be exciting which in fairness, it wasen't. But the reason it isn't so low is because, of the most amazing feeling when you beat Sahwit with cornered - 2001. Epic. >:).

14. Turnabout Big Top

I thought this case was going to be epic, hich it was, for the most part, I loved the whole synopsis, someone has died with no footprints, but it was an obvious killer, really stupid plot twists and a bloody annoying lion tamer. Also a puppet in love WTF?

13. Turnabout Succession

This case, was pure epic, for the first half, I loved finding out why phoenix had got disbarred (even though he shoulden't have in the first place) but then it went so wrong with time travelling evidence and a really bad ending.

12. Turnabout Corner

This was my first ever investigation case, yep I played apollo first :O. I thought it was amazing, everyone else thinks differently, but this is my countdown. Mwhaha >:-).

11. Recipe for a Turnabout

I liked this case, I thought the first investigation was pure amazing, but I kind of hated Victor Kudo, and the killer was brain dead obvious. But I admire it's charm.
#66getar1234Posted 3/29/2010 12:16:44 PM
10. The Stolen Turnabout

While the killer was agin dead obvious, the plan was fantastic and Godot was introduced to, finally, Ron DeLite was annoying at first but I have grown to like him. :D.

9. Reunion and Turnabout

I thought this was a totally underrated case, yes it was a case based on spirit mediums but it had a great villian who you truly felt for and it introduced pearl!

8. Turnabout Memories

A very underrated case, yes the killer was very obvious but the method of death was unique, and phoenix was the defendant and mia was the defense, awesome!

7. Turnabout Trump

Since I played Apollo's game first, this was my first case and wow it was good, after playing other first trails you think Olga would have killed him but no, suddenly, your accusing...Kristoph?!? Wow! This is awesome!

6. Turnabout Samurai

Ok, Dee Vasquez isn't really a killer but the case was the first to make me feel like I was solving a murder since it was the first time you diden't see the killer. Also sal manella is an amaazing chracter, Lol, n00bs!

5. Turnabout Beginnings

In one of the most shocking moments in the ace attorney history, we learn why mia helped phoenix and why she was scarred for life. Yes I have finally won the case! Oh,....He's dead.
Also, terry's theme is so sad. ;-(

4. Bridge to the Turnabout

I loved this case so much, I never saw the killer coming, which is hard to say for other cases, also it had some great plot twists, the downsides are it had one really dumb twist (OMG pendulum under bridge!!!!) , It focused too much on spirits and it left to many open ends for the end of the trilogy.

3. Turnabout Goodbyes

I have never had so much fun playing a game as taking down von Karma, the reason mia died, edgeworth is so cold, why maya has no mother and why redd white became so powerful was revealed. The DL-6 Case. Also, the boat case was also great. I never saw it coming.

2. Farewell, my Turnabout

Almost perfection, capcom really managed to pull themselves together for this case, I never ever saw it coming and hoosing between justice and maya was very hard. Also Matt Engarde was one cool villian.

1. Rise from the Ashes

I don't care if people say it was to long, I LOVED it. Damon was a big suspect but his plan was so good, and the SL-9 incident was so intresting, also I was on the edge of my seat while beattiling Damon, so creepy, and finally, you had a real sense of achievment afterwards.
#67Hoffy_Posted 3/29/2010 7:18:51 PM
Yay, Rise from the Ashes! I loved the characters in that case, as well as figuring out what happened with the SL-9 case.
---
#68shadow chao 10Posted 3/30/2010 2:55:53 AM
I suppose I could have used a better word. How can you say that 2-4 didn't drag? I don't want to post spoilers, but Phoenix had to keep wasting time which just got boring fast. It would have been better if he could have turned on the guy a lot earlier.

The only time Phoenix was intentionally dragging out the trial was Powers and DeKiller's cross examinations, and I personally found those the most tense and exciting parts of the case. It was awesome to see all those little tactics he tried to pull off to waste time (BASEBALLS HAVE STITCHES, ARE YOU SAYING ALL BASEBALLS ARE SUSPICIOUS!?) and also really interesting that from the audience's point of view, he was grasping at straws trying to prove an obviously guilty man innocent.

IIRC, Zak was there when Trucy gave Phoenix the forged evidence. If Zak revealed that Trucy gave Phoenix the diary page, Trucy could trace the diary page back to Kristoph. I think something like this was mentioned near the end of the case. However, what doesn't make sense is why Phoenix didn't tell anyone this info. The only reason I can think for this is that if he did, people may think Zak made the forgery. However, if Zak and Trucy said the same thing as Phoenix, people would be suspicious.

My memory isn't entirely clear on this, but it seems to me that if Kristoph felt Zak needed to die, then there's no reason he shouldn't have felt the same about Phoenix. Which would make sense if he tried to frame Phoenix for Zak's murder, but he obviously intended to defend Phoenix and pin it on Olga, so it seems like double standards. I can't see why he would try to kill one and not the other.
---
~Space for rent~
#69Mr_PortsmanPosted 3/30/2010 9:47:06 AM
Don't try to figure Kristoph out or defend his character, the man did some pretty sick things that aren't rational at all (iirc he staged Vera's kidnapping and saved her so she'd trust him, but the result of that left her pretty insecure) He overreacted the way he did because he has the mind of a killer, of course none of us rational people would kill or frame for it. After all, if I was von Karma, I wouldn't set Gregory up to be disbarred or kill him because he got me penalized, and neither would any of you (i hope)

I agree that Kristoph's motive for his actions are petty; but I think it's supposed to be.
---
Miles Edgeworth says I fail! D:
"Yeah, it's Jock Sportsman and his parter Gym."-PikaNerd
#70SlickSlicerPosted 3/30/2010 6:38:17 PM
I won't rank them. I'll just give them scores out of 5. Also, I will point out beforehand that the 4th case in each game is usually the best.

1-1: ***/***** (obvious case, but it serves as a decent introduction to the gameplay mechanics)
1-2: ****/***** (interesting set up for the story, but generic killer)
1-3: ***/***** (Ok case, but nothing amazing aside from that Steel Samurai tune)
1-4: *****/***** (one of the best cases in the series)
1-5: ***/***** (overrated case with a LOT of crappy characters. The thing that saves it from the worst score is the awesome scientific examination that was introduced to the series because of this case)

2-1: ***/***** (interesting set-up that explains why Phoenix forgets his lawyering skills)
2-2: ***/***** (I like this one because it gives a lot of nice backstory about the Fey family.)
2-3: */***** (really boring case that was hard to care about at all. The silliness doesn't make up for how dull this one was)
2-4: *****/***** (a throwback to the Steel Samurai theme. However, what makes this case interesting is that it explores the idea that your client isn't ALWAYS the good guy. This is probably the sole case that redeems Justice for All. It wasn't that great otherwise.)

3-1: ****/***** (One of the best intro cases in the series. It introduces one of the best villains of the Phoenix Wright world)
3-2: ****/***** (a decent case overall. I liked Mask DeMasque)
3-3: ***/***** (This case was very humorous. The killer was pretty obvious, but it wins points for being entertaining)
3-4: *****/***** (I love this one for bringing Dahlia back into the plot in a believable way. Playing Mia was great and, despite being a prequel to previous cases, this case resolved a lot of the plot. The case leads you to believe that Mia will lose to Edgeworth, but instead gives you a totally awesome and unexpected conclusion.)
3-5: ***/***** (Overrated case that had as many demerits as merits. It starts out really good, but quickly degenerates into paranormal and absurd explanations for everything. Playing Edgeworth was cool though.)

4-1: ****/***** (Definitely the best intro case in the series. Most of the rest of Apollo Justice by contrast was not as interesting)
4-2: **/***** (very dull case that was very hard to get into. Has a lot of boring characters. Only saved by a few funny moments)
4-3: **/***** (interesting case since it delves more into the background of Apollo's rival. The Gavineers were kinda cool but I still had trouble caring about this one)
4-4: *****/***** (A good conclusion to the game. Apollo Justice was saved from being totally boring mainly because of Kristoph Gavin)

5-1: ***/***** (It starts out cool, but ends up being a fairly typical intro case)
5-2: ***/***** (I liked this one. It had plenty of interesting and funny characters. While I expected the murderer, the way the murder was carried out ended up being totally unexpected)
5-3: ****/***** (This is a really good case with a totally unexpected conclusion. A few boring characters drag down the case, but it was pretty interesting overall.
5-4: *****/***** (While I admit I was a little disappointed that you didn't get to go to court with Young Edgeworth and Manfred von karma, court is not the focus of this game. The case introduces a large number of really awesome characters. The conclusion is cool and I personally really like the villain)
5-5: ****/***** (It drags on a bit too much at the end. The ultimate villain personally reminds me of Damon Gant due to the concept of him being "above the law." What I really liked about this case, though, was the reveal before the end about what had happened to Calisto Yew. Naturally the truth about the Yatagarasu was awesome to hear about as well)

---
NCONR3 Code-2278 6758 7060
TVC Code-3910-8926-0083