Rank all 23 cases(possible spoilers) part 2

#71rashrulesPosted 4/3/2010 1:00:42 AM
"I suppose I could have used a better word. How can you say that 2-4 didn't drag? I don't want to post spoilers, but Phoenix had to keep wasting time which just got boring fast. It would have been better if he could have turned on the guy a lot earlier."

Well, Phoenix didn't have a choice. He was worried about Maya, and did his best to defend a guilty man when all evidence pointed to him. He also had to stall so Gumshoe could come back with the evidence.

When De Killer names his client to be Adrian, you suddenly need to change sides and start pointing out contradictions in De Killer's testimony. Phoenix needed to stall for time. He had to strike a delicate balance, between getting on De Killer's bad side and so having Maya killed or proving his client Not Guilty.
IIRC in the end even Edgeworth doesn't say anything because of Maya.

Just when all hope is lost, Franny busts in to save the day. The part where Mia says "You, Edgeworth and the Judge have seen everything here. Think of it from in another angle. If the Judge doesn't need to see the evidence, who does?" was epic. Presenting the video tape to De Killer and having him break the contract and name Engarde to be his next target was incredibly awesome and satisfying.

Oh, and don't worry about posting spoilers. There's a warning in the topic title anyway.
---
Sony and Microsoft are sore losers. "We don't consider the Wii a competitor because it's aimed at casuals."
Super Mario Galaxy is the best game ever.
#72TinyosiPosted 4/4/2010 6:37:40 PM
Here is mine:

One thing I must make clear: There is NO case I do not enjoy. I enjoy all cases to an extent, though some it is a lot less than others.

3-5 = 1-4
4-4
1-5
4-1
3-1
AAI-4
3-3
3-2
1-3
AAI-1=AAI-2
3-4
2-4
AAI-5
4-2
2-2
1-2
4-3
AAI-3
2-3
2-1
1-1

I have to say, I've never seen why 2-4 is even in the top 5, same with AAI-5.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/2pplg61.jpg
Picture done by gRAWRold. Man, you are such an amazing artist! <3
#73shadow chao 10Posted 4/5/2010 12:36:51 AM
Wow, 4-4 in second place. I don't think I've ever seen it that high.
---
~Space for rent~
#74TinyosiPosted 4/5/2010 12:43:42 AM

Wow, 4-4 in second place. I don't think I've ever seen it that high.

I think I've seen it at #1 before, it was either that or #4. Unlike most I loved AJ. I also have a pretty strange placing of 2-4 that I'm sure I will be killed over. <.<
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/5mb6zm2.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/ac8hti2.jpg - gRAWRold
#75TinyosiPosted 4/5/2010 1:59:25 AM
I decided to right some of my thoughts down about each case:

3-5 = 1-4

3-5: This was a great way to send the PW games off. It was much more involved on a personal level with Phoenix. It had the epic battle between Phoenix and Godot finish as well as the one between Mia and Dahlia. It had a ton of important characters and series veterans, as well as finally tying up some loose ends. The ending is pretty sad too. ;-;

1-4: This one is great simply because of how awesome the case is in general. The plot of the case was great, the idea of defending a prosecutor was great, and it was the first time we got a real look into Phoenix's past. It also has Von karma.

4-4

Unlike a lot of people I found this case awesome. Sure it revealed the twist at the beginning but in my opinion that helped it more than it hurt it. Kristoph is probably my favorite AA villain, so knowing I was going into a case where I would have an epic battle with him was awesome. Some issues people have with it are stuff like the Mason System and jury. With the MASON system the usual complaint is: “Oh Phoenix used future evidence derp derp” but it was just a simulation used to get the jury involved. Does it say this? No. But Phoenix could already have knowledge of the things he presents. Like the nail polish, he already knew Gavin, so its not like he couldn't know about it. As for the jury, people act like you proved virtually nothing. In reality if the Judge didn't reject that envelope for absolutely no reason Kristoph would have been defeated anyway.

1-5

Had a bunch of cool characters and a very complex plot when compared to others. The villain was cool, and it introduced some gameplay mechanics I would go on to love in AJ.(Loved it there too, just thought I'd mention that)

4-1

VERY great opening case and twist. It almost doesn't feel like an opening case to me. The twist is very good and there are some pretty great moments.

3-1

Another very good opening case. Like 4-1, its so good it almost doesn't feel like I am playing an opening case. A very nice length and plot.

AAI-4

This was a very enjoyable case simply because it is enjoyable. The characters were all very great.(Mah man Badd <3) The murder itself was cool and the ending is cool.

3-3

A lot of people say the 3's of the games are the worst, but I love this case. Its got a good plot to it and besides Armstrong the characters are very lovable. Had some funny moments too, and Phoenix is badass when he tricks Tigre.

3-2

Another very enjoyable case brought to us by TaT. The murder plot was cool, and it was very interesting how Atmey got himself declared guilty of one crime to avoid being declared guilty of another, very cool. And it introduced Godot. <3
1-3

For some reason I feel like I should think this case was meh, but I enjoy it nonetheless. Its just simply enjoyable. Its the first time we get to work with Maya, which is very cool as well.
AAI-1=AAI-2

I really couldn't decide between these two:

AAI-1: This was another good opening case as well, but unlike the other two great opening cases this one felt very “open casey.” I loved the characters involved and the case itself, but they really help your hand through it a little too much.

AA-2: This one was very enjoyable and kinda had what AAI-2 did not. They don't hold your hand as much(though they do to an extent for all if AAI's cases) and the characters were even more enjoyable than the last case's. Only problem is that the murder itself really isn't that interesting, and Franziska, who I love, acted like an idiot throughout it.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/iqfwxv.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/Tinyosi-2.jpg
#76TinyosiPosted 4/5/2010 2:00:01 AM
3-4

A very good case for what they gave you. We got to delve even further into Mia's past and we got to see the beginning of Mia's battle with Dahlia. A very good case but its a little too short and the testimonies themselves aren't as interesting at points.

2-4

I know after seeing my original rankings some might be interested in hearing why I have it so low. Or you just want to kill me, but hear me out at least. It does have a VERY good story, but overall its just, well, uninteresting at some points. Sure the plot was great, and Engarde's twist was cool, but the gameplay itself was boring. It has some really boring testimonies at points, and that really brings it down. Though I have to admit the story isn't anywhere near as good as people say.

AAI-5

This is just easily the worst final case of the series. Now if this case had decided that Yew was the killer and ended it at the part where she is dragged off it would have been fantastic. However, the second they made Alba the killer it went down a lot. Why? Because that caused a lot of problems. For starters, they ruined what could have been a really epic moment. When it was said Shih-na was Yew I **** bricks and thought “Ha, gotcha!” But then she didn't turn out to be the killer, and the epicness was turned down a little. It also made it run on way too long. By the time that case finished I had been wanting it to end for almost an hour and a half. Another big problem is how lame Alba is. Seriously, he is so uninteresting as a villain. He is kinda cool but overall pretty meh. I also don't like how there is no build up to him. You BARELY see him until you actually start accusing him.

4-2

I'll be honest, I think I prefer this to 5-5 but I just have a major gripe that brought some scenes down. Those mainly being in court. Why is it the game needed to explain Perceive to me 3 times in this case when I learned about it in the last one? I do find this case very enjoyable though and I love Eldoon.

2-2

Now that I am at a JFA case that isn't the last one I explain a problem I have with 2-2 and 2-3. That being that even though they are 2 days long, neither really accomplish anything in day 1. Seriously, almost all of the story takes place in second day of investigation and court. Thats not that bad though, and like I said I enjoy all of the cases, but this one just had a bit of an uninteresting undertone at points.

1-2

Another good case that just kinda falls flat at some points. Redd was a bit uninteresting and the whole bit with him blackmailing Grossberg never really interested me. It did introduce Maya and was a bit more involved with Phoenix though, and that is always nice.

4-3

The infamous Turnabout Serenade. My complaints are like others. Why did they suspect Machi with all of his handicaps, why did we watch the video so much, etc etc. I still like this case though because I loved the idea of the crime being committed to go with the lyrics. And the smuggling operation was kinda neat too.

AAI-3

Just like AA-5 this one went on a lot longer than it should have. It is a good case but at a certain point I just thought “Alright, can we wrap this up?” That point for me was about the time the haunted house recreation started. I did like some characters though, and its one of the few times you actually feel sorry for the killer.

2-3

Some say they started liking this case more as time went on. I am not one of those people. It has the same flaw 2-2 did in that nothing happens in day one. A good amount of characters were just meh, the only circus ones I really liked were Moe and Acro. Max was ok too though. In the end though its a good case, a lot more emotional than others and another one of the few where you feel sorry for the killer.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/Tinyosi_sig_003.png - N805
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/Tinyosi-6.jpg - Kidpsycho777
#77TinyosiPosted 4/5/2010 2:00:25 AM
2-1

I've seen this as the worst on a good amount of lists but I don't see why. Its clearly 2nd “worst”. It had an interesting plot, sort of. I didn't like how Gumshoe acted there, it was just a little stupid. However the testimonies are pretty fun and its good for what its suppose to be. Oh yeah, and to anyone who thinks the whole glove = bananas thing is stupid: Do any of you actually wear glasses? As someone who does I can see how he could mistake a hello banana shaped object as bananas without his glasses on.

1-1

And here we are at my least favorite, and how appropriate to be the first. There really isn't anything wrong with it, it just suffers from being the first. Because of this they couldn't really do much but its a great intro case to the series. You know you are about to go into an awesome case when playing this.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/Tinyosi_sig_003.png - N805
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/Tinyosi-6.jpg - Kidpsycho777
#78shadow chao 10Posted 4/5/2010 4:05:38 AM
With the MASON system the usual complaint is: “Oh Phoenix used future evidence derp derp” but it was just a simulation used to get the jury involved. Does it say this? No. But Phoenix could already have knowledge of the things he presents. Like the nail polish, he already knew Gavin, so its not like he couldn't know about it.

Except that theory creates more questions than answers. If it was just a simulation...
-Are we supposed to believe that Phoenix, who isn't a defense attorney any more, would be trusted to make said simulation, and to be in charge of making a new court system in the first place?
-Are we supposed to believe that Phoenix isn't clever enough to avoid time paradoxes in his simulation?
-Are we supposed to believe that it's acceptable for the jury to vote based on what is basically a video game made by someone who is believed to have forged evidence before? Are we supposed to think that that's acceptable evidence?

I mean, really. It'd be better with the theory that his hat contains a camera and he used that to record the whole thing...except for how it's clearly interactive, and has time paradoxes inside. It's entirely created by one man. One man who the courts have no reason to trust. The entire thing is ludicrous and makes no sense however you look at it.
---
~Space for rent~
#79TinyosiPosted 4/5/2010 4:10:53 AM
Thats really the only ridiculous part, that they let Phoenix help with the whole thing despite the forgery.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/5mb6zm2.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/ac8hti2.jpg - gRAWRold
#80TinyosiPosted 4/5/2010 4:16:32 AM
-Are we supposed to believe that it's acceptable for the jury to vote based on what is basically a video game made by someone who is believed to have forged evidence before? Are we supposed to think that that's acceptable evidence?

About this one(forgot to mention this):

They might have seen what happened in the game, but Apollo had very real evidence with him such as the nail polish and envelope.(Among other things) Was the envelope a recreation? Yes, but how is that any different from people testifying about what they saw? They could have easily called Phoenix up to testify about the letter, but for the plot's sake they decided to just reject it all together.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/tinyosiportrait.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/1127081809-1.jpg