Rank all 23 cases(possible spoilers) part 2

#81rashrulesPosted 4/5/2010 3:50:31 AM
"It does have a VERY good story"
"Though I have to admit the story isn't anywhere near as good as people say."

OBJECTION!
I have found a contradiction in your testimony!
'VERY good' (with a capital 'very') is what all the people say about the case. Other adjectives (e.g. extremely, incredibly, amazingly etc.) are pretty much the same as an emphasized 'very'.

G U I L T Y

Anyway, I can understand you not liking 2-4, we all have different tastes (My favourite in the series). But I can't understand why you had to rank it below the likes of AAI-1.
---
Sony and Microsoft are sore losers. "We don't consider the Wii a competitor because it's aimed at casuals."
Super Mario Galaxy is the best game ever.
#82TinyosiPosted 4/5/2010 3:56:31 AM
Well like I said, while I enjoyed the story of 2-4 I didn't really enjoy the gameplay. There was no testimony that wasn't boring as hell in that case. Even De Killer's was boring. So overall I would say its like 4-2 where my ranking doesn't really show how I feel to an extent.

I prefer it, but I ranked it a little lower due to how boring the actual gameplay it is.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/tinyosiportrait.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/1127081809-1.jpg
#83shadow chao 10Posted 4/5/2010 3:57:29 AM
Huh, didn't catch that. 5-1 over 2-4 really is almost unjustifiable.
---
~Space for rent~
#84TinyosiPosted 4/5/2010 3:58:43 AM

Huh, didn't catch that. 5-1 over 2-4 really is almost unjustifiable.

Well like I said, while I enjoyed the story of 2-4 I didn't really enjoy the gameplay. There was no testimony that wasn't boring as hell in that case. Even De Killer's was boring. So overall I would say its like 4-2 where my ranking doesn't really show how I feel to an extent.

I prefer it, but I ranked it a little lower due to how boring the actual gameplay it is.

This can actually be said for a few of mine. Like 3-4, I prefer it to some things I ranked over it, but kinda deducted a little due to how short it is.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/2dsqqfa-1.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/Tinyosi-1-1.jpg
#85shadow chao 10Posted 4/7/2010 5:39:51 AM
...I'd hope you'd rank the cases based on enjoyment, since that's the whole purpose of them. If it's enjoyable, it's succeeded, if you ask me.

And 3-4 gets marked down for being short, but 5-1 doesn't...?
---
~Space for rent~
#86ninplayerPosted 4/7/2010 8:21:12 AM
1-1: */***** (Ugh. After replaying AA1 three times now, the beginning case just grates on me. Sure, first case in the series, it's just helping us learn the game, but seriously, ugh. And I am NOT a fan of Larry Butz)
1-2: ***/***** (The Bellboy is amazing. Decent story, but it was too easy. I wish they had saved this concept for later and made a more interesting case out of it)
1-3: **/***** (I despise this case. Oldbag sucks, Sal Manella sucks, Dee Vasquez sucks, that stupid kid sucks. If it weren't for Edgeworth getting a lot of screen time, this would get a 1)
1-4: *****/***** (<3)
1-5: ****/***** (Gant is a total badass, but Mike Meekins is probably the worst character in the entire series. I want him to die a horrible death. It gets pretty epic, but the beginning of this one just drags and is boring)

2-1: */***** (Please save us from this nightmare)
2-2: ****/***** (I like this one a lot surprisingly. Visiting Maya's hometown was cool and Pearl is nice, and the backstory was really good. And I felt for the killer)
2-3: ***/***** (Why does everyone hate this case? It wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad. Acro was cool)
2-4: *****/***** (If you honestly believed Matt Engaurde was evil, you have some creepy psychic ability going on, or you just read a spoiler and you're lying)

3-1: **/***** (At least this one had some acceptable twists in the plot rather than being stupidly straightforward)
3-2: **/***** (Pretty boring. Too obvious. Ron DeLite is just annoying)
3-3: ****/***** (Probably my favorite filler case. While you know the killer from the start, the plot is cool and the investigations are really nice. And Tigre is just B.A.)
3-4: ****/***** (It's pretty sad and epic. I really felt bad for the guy)
3-5: *****/***** (Just win.)

4-1: ***/***** (Now THIS is a good first case. Crazy plot twist)
4-2: **/***** (Extremely meh. The first case was better than this)
4-3: **/***** (THE KID IS BLIND. HOW. CAN. HE. BE. THE. KILLER?!?!?!?!?!?)
4-4: ****/***** (It was really epic, but the ending was stupid. Come on Kristoph, you're better than that)

I-1: **/***** (Acceptable first case)
I-2: ****/***** (Really good. Meele was predictable, but overall a great case)
I-3: ***/***** (They tried to hard with the badgers, and Lance was annoying as hell)
I-4: ****/***** (FANSERVICE)
I-5: *****/***** (Ranks among the elite in the series. Annoying finale, but overall incredible)
---
I hate video games.
#87Ray_MK_IIIPosted 4/7/2010 5:46:18 PM
This list is how I saw the 23 cases. Because of various factors, some were spoiled to me, and therefore may be lower than where they would be on the list of someone who was not spoiled. From best to worst:

3-5 ~ Simply amazing case with lots of twists and turns before the final conclusion. A defining case for one of the best AA characters ever. I really don't think I need to say much, though. This case's awesome explains itself.

2-4 ~ Great finale case with a real shining moment for Phoenix, and a testament to his character. If the internet hadn't spoiled the ending for me, I'm sure the shock value alone at some parts of this case would actually put it above 3-5.

1-4 ~ Easily one of the most important AA cases, featuring a duel with the most ruthless prosecutor of the series. The events in the DL-6 case, which this case covered, also polarized the AA universe's future, as it was the reason Edgey became a prosecutor and Phoenix became a defense attorney. Sadly, spoiled to me because I played T&T and JFA before PW:AA.

I-5 ~ This case dealt with one of the most nefarious villains in AA history, as his smuggling ring caused most of the crimes and deaths in the game it was featured in. Somewhat tedious final confrontation, but the buildup to the grand finale greatly makes up for it.

1-5 ~ Awesome case. It only falls short because of the use of "Evidence Law", which is almost completely ignored or forgotten in future installments. Unrelated note: Gant could kick your ass.

I-4 ~ Best non-finale case. Every twist in this case was simply stunning and kept me guessing, even until the very end. It's also one of the few cases where the villain is always two steps ahead of you, even when you think you've won.

4-4 ~ Has a few minor issues when you consider motives and such, and a good portion of the case covered a specific case in the past that we already knew the outcome of, but other than that, 4-4 was awesome. Word of warning: If you wrong Phoenix Wright, he'll turn into a hobo, create a devious plan years in advance, and you will go to jail. And after that, he'll laugh in your goddamn face.

3-3 ~ The twist in this case still leaves me reeling. I mean, Tigre staged a second murder just to create a witness? And then he impersonated Phoenix to ensure that someone else went to jail? You know, he would've gotten away with this crap if Phoenix didn't use hax to make people Not Guilty.

3-2 ~ I've always had a thing for costumed villains terrorizing the streets and psychotic madmen. Very interesting case when you consider that Phoenix actually got a guilty man acquitted.

I-2 ~ Cammy is one of the few villains I actually like in terms of personality. I actually kept saying to myself "Please let her be innocent" throughout the case. But she wasn't. Ah well. Lablanc's "Borginglish" was fun as well, and I hope to see more of Ms. Teneiro in future installments.

4-2 ~ The characters won this case for me. Wocky's cool, Stickler's strange, and Mr. Hat's big debut was legendary. Also, Alita Tiala was the only villain I never saw coming. At all. I hope the Kitaki family is seen in future games.

4-1 ~ Best intro case, easily. This case left me with that big feeling of "Why?" upon proving Kristoph guilty, and that set the stage for 4-4 and the rest of the game.

3-4 ~ While 4-1 left me thinking "Why?" near the end, this case did the opposite: Right at the beginning, I thought "OK, what did she do this time?". Very cool, though it really only serves as an overture for 3-5.

*More In Next Post*
---
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
Not done.
#88Ray_MK_IIIPosted 4/7/2010 5:47:18 PM
I-3 ~ A solid, middle of the road case. Only really this low because I saw the "son of rich man fakes kidnapping to steal money" thing a mile away.

3-1 ~ Another solid case. It's only this low because it was an intro case, and therefore it takes up very little time. Plus, a good portion of that time is wasted on teaching the player game mechanics and on simple testimony.

4-3 ~ Down this low because of that plot hole. Other than that, the plot was average and the characters were average. Middle of the road.

2-3 ~ Not as bad as some people claim, but still pretty meh, especially because of that plot hole. The characters were kinda good, but the plot was meh.

I-1~ ....Actually, I'm not sure why this case is so low on my list. Might be because Portsman is a crappy villain and most of the case involved talking to him and only him. Also, dramatic irony is not good in AA games. Why must we know the killer beforehand?

1-3 ~ A lot of mildly interesting twists, leading up to..... a charge of murder in self-defense for the villain? Boring.

2-2 ~ No satisfaction in the end because the killer is made out to be a victim and the mastermind just winds up causing problems later on anyway. Still a meh case, even without that fact.

1-2 ~ I swear, the Feys have a curse. An average case with an obnoxious villain. Add in the fact that it was semi-spoiled to me via JFA and T&T and that makes it a very low quality case in my eyes.

1-1 ~ Self explanatory.

2-1 ~ Self explanatory. Worse than 1-1 because of that plot hole.

.... And done.
---
Thank God....
#89hombad46Posted 4/7/2010 6:14:52 PM
"1-2 ~ I swear, the Feys have a curse. An average case with an obnoxious villain. Add in the fact that it was semi-spoiled to me via JFA and T&T and that makes it a very low quality case in my eyes."

It doesn't need to be spoiled for you as all you really need to know about it is in the intro. They don't just show you the killer, they tell you his name.
#90Ray_MK_IIIPosted 4/7/2010 6:28:46 PM
It doesn't need to be spoiled for you as all you really need to know about it is in the intro. They don't just show you the killer, they tell you his name.

Yeah, but the whole shock regarding Mia's death was totally gone.

But I see your point, the case alone did a damn good job of ruining itself.

Unless.... that wasn't your point?
---
Ah well.