Rank all 23 cases(possible spoilers) part 2

#91TinyosiPosted 4/7/2010 11:44:03 PM

...I'd hope you'd rank the cases based on enjoyment, since that's the whole purpose of them. If it's enjoyable, it's succeeded, if you ask me.

And 3-4 gets marked down for being short, but 5-1 doesn't...?

That is how I enjoy them. Like I said, technically 2-4 would be better, but it being boring as **** brought it down. I guess I really can't explain what I was trying to say...its more like: These would have been higher if they weren't boring or seemed to quick. I must have been tired when I wrote that, but its not that I prefer it, its that the story is better, but the gameplay ruined it.

And 3-4 is a mid-case, 5-1 is a starting one. Its like saying 1-1 is too short compared to 3-5. Again, my enjoyment was a bit hindered because of length/gameplay.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/sigc.gif - wydrah
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/scvrkw.jpg - gRAWRold
#92l33t_3neruPosted 4/8/2010 1:12:27 AM
^ Perceptions of what's boring are quite subjective, you know?
---
Tyrell Badd is the only person Gant can't raep.
#93TinyosiPosted 4/8/2010 2:07:52 AM

^ Perceptions of what's boring are quite subjective, you know?

Well...yeah. Its not like I am stating that what I think of the case is fact, I just find it boring, and that is why I don't enjoy it as much as everyone else.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/ipy5nd.jpg
Picture done by gRAWRold. Man, you are such an amazing artist! <3
#94shadow chao 10Posted 4/8/2010 3:36:47 AM

And 3-4 is a mid-case, 5-1 is a starting one. Its like saying 1-1 is too short compared to 3-5. Again, my enjoyment was a bit hindered because of length/gameplay.

...1-1 IS short compared to 3-5. There's a reason 1-1 is almost always at the bottom of the list and 3-5's near the top.

Are you trying to say 1-1 should go right up to the top? After all, it's okay for it to be short since it's an opening case, so it has an excuse, right? >_>
---
~Space for rent~
#95TinyosiPosted 4/8/2010 3:43:44 AM

...1-1 IS short compared to 3-5. There's a reason 1-1 is almost always at the bottom of the list and 3-5's near the top.

Are you trying to say 1-1 should go right up to the top? After all, it's okay for it to be short since it's an opening case, so it has an excuse, right? >_>

My point is you shouldn't expect it to be long like you would a mid-case. Is it awesome if they make it long like 4-1? Hell yeah, but if it isn't as long as a mid case I'm not gonna whine. I put 1-1 at the very bottom, not because of length, but just because everything about it is very "Least best" case about it.

And besides, you are focusing on length like its the only thing I mentioned, there is also this:

and the testimonies themselves aren't as interesting at points

Kind of like how that brought down 2-4, except 3-4 actually has some ones that I enjoyed.
---
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/5mb6zm2.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/tinyosi/ac8hti2.jpg - gRAWRold
#96SlickSlicerPosted 4/8/2010 9:57:04 AM
I admit that 3-5 was a good wrap-up to the series. The loose ends regarding Misty Fey were finally tied up and Godot's full story was revealed.

I don't think it's as good as 1-4 though.

Reasons:

-Phoenix Wright isn't a very believable game, but you can at least suspend disbelief for most of it. 3-5 probes into the realm of the abnormal too much for my liking.

-3-4 had already made it PAINFULLY obvious that Godot was Diego Armando. The only reason you might not think Diego Armando was Godot at that point was if you thought Diego Armando was Godot's dad or brother or something like that. Otherwise though, there's no way anybody couldn't figure out Godot's true identity.

-3-5 and 1-4 essentially do the same thing. They make your prosecutor rival the final villain. To a limited extent, 5-4 also does this by making the defense attorney rival the antagonist.

Out of all three of these cases, Manfred von Karma was by far the best villain. On one hand he was totally sinister. On the other hand, you could sympathize with his plight. His reasons for committing murder in a case 15 years prior were understandable. He had been shot in the shoulder for doing nothing and humiliated in court on the same day. The combination of both events completely enraged him and he wanted revenge. Otherwise I found von Karma the most entertaining as well. His mannerisms were completely hilarious in court and only became more and more over-the-top as the case went on.

The problem with Godot is that they do a half-assed job at making him the villain. He was guilty of murdering Misty Fey and then trying to place the blame on others, but the circumstances of the murder were absurd and convoluted.

-3-4 was far more epic.
---
NCONR3 Code-2278 6758 7060
TVC Code-3910-8926-0083
#97hombad46Posted 4/8/2010 10:04:40 AM
-3-4 had already made it PAINFULLY obvious that Godot was Diego Armando.

I'm pretty sure that's what it was meant to do.

-3-5 and 1-4 essentially do the same thing. They make your prosecutor rival the final villain.

von Karma was introduced in that case, he was hardly a rival
#98SlickSlicerPosted 4/8/2010 10:53:02 AM
Well, they make the prosecutor the villain, is what I basically meant.
---
NCONR3 Code-2278 6758 7060
TVC Code-3910-8926-0083
#99shadow chao 10Posted 4/10/2010 9:05:33 AM

My point is you shouldn't expect it to be long like you would a mid-case. Is it awesome if they make it long like 4-1? Hell yeah, but if it isn't as long as a mid case I'm not gonna whine. I put 1-1 at the very bottom, not because of length, but just because everything about it is very "Least best" case about it.

No, when I go into an opening case, I don't expect anything special, no. So it's nothing unexpected that 1-1 is a worse case than 3-5. And it would be unexpected if I went into 3-5 and I got a case as short as, say, 1-2. But what we are ranking is not the contrast between what we expected and what we got. It's just how good the case is. Not compared to other cases similar to it, but compared to every other case. 4-1 was probably much better than anyone going into it expected it to be. On the other hand, for a lot of people, 5-5 was probably not as amazing as they would have expected from a final case. Does that mean 4-1 should be ranked above 5-5? Well, no, because 4-1 is still a much less complex, interesting and long case than 5-5 is. Yes, it has the excuse that it's an opening case. Yes, I couldn't possibly ask for anything more from an opening. But that has no bearing on how good it is as a case. Not as an opening case, just as a case. Cases shouldn't get favoritism based on where they are in the game - they should be ranked objectively, and compared to the other cases directly without bias.

If that makes any sense.

And besides, you are focusing on length like its the only thing I mentioned, there is also this:

I was only talking about 3-4, where length was the only thing you mentioned:

Like 3-4, I prefer it to some things I ranked over it, but kinda deducted a little due to how short it is.

Obviously there was no problem with 2-4's length >_>

---
~Space for rent~
#100TinyosiPosted 4/10/2010 10:40:38 AM
As a case I much prefer 4-1 to everything I ranked under it. Also, no offense, but it seems like you are just trolling. In both 3-4's and 2-4's descriptions I said I found some testimonies in 3-4 boring, and all testimonies in 2-4 boring. I mentioned length once and it seems to be the only point you are focused on.

Obviously there was no problem with 2-4's length >_>

And again, I worded that incorrectly, but you skipped this apparently:

These would have been higher if they weren't boring or seemed to quick.
---
I want to be Krispy Kremated. Honey glaze my body into the afterlife! D: -joelyp
My microwave has more RAM than the Wii - Infantry3000