The Demon's Advisor (Second to Last Mission)

#1gloomfrostPosted 9/24/2009 5:27:17 PM
Ok i know its strange, but this is the only mission so far I've repeatedly get wiped out. Even Pretenders to the throne wasn't all that bad for me. But this one yikes. I managed to wipe out the ogres but i get overe whelmed by the dragons and demons...ugh demons to many of them. I need a sound strategy this time.

My 6 dwarven towers clustered together just wont take down the ogres, dragons and demons this time.

Like i said the only time i actually wiped out the ogres was with a low level Paladin hero from the lords tower and some low lvl clerics healing him. But them the dragon and demons wiped them out.

I guess ill try the single missions out until someone comes up with a sound strategy for this level.

Thanks in advance.
#2Surly_BobbPosted 9/24/2009 7:00:57 PM
Unlike Pretenders, this one you're gonna have to win with your heroes. Start with rogues or warriors and then upgrade to dwarves ASAP. Take out the ogres and when the dragon starts attacking, wait a while and level up. Grab a temple spot to get the resurrect spell. Around day 60 or so, start clearing out lairs and your level 20+ heroes should be able to take down the imp, once he comes calling on day 80-something. Try to fight him away from your marketplace/magic bazaar, so you'll still keep making income to pay for rezzes.
#3kambo_ramboPosted 9/25/2009 3:46:02 AM
Start by taking 1 or 2 of the ogre dens, then immediately after that start exploring north west and take out the 3 portals there (thats where most of them come from). From here you can finish off the ogres, find more imp portals, or kill the dragon. I really only had 3 towers defending where the imps came from. You need to be aggressive.
#4bagelladPosted 9/25/2009 9:18:54 AM
I think you got to hit the ogres fast, make the thieves guild,clerics and fighters, and a makeplace, then make 2 guard towers on the left side. I found all the ogres will target the trading post or guard tower first, with a 100 gold attack flag your heroes should finish the ogres off. Then you can wipe out the three ogre dens before the ogre respawn. You get about 8000 gold after killing them. I mostly spent this on more heroes, getting ready for the dragon. who you should destroy the dragon lair asap, Then work on leveling up your hereoes and building the 3 special temple areas. I also found killing hte wolf dens and werewolf dens on the south east was very helpful in regards to monster control. Use the scepter once and awhile to clear out any big waves of imps. hopefully by the time the advisor comes you have brought a few high level lords from a prevous game, preferably a tank. BTW you are going to lose a lot of heroes to the advisor , the paladins shield spell should help.
#5XaergrimPosted 9/26/2009 6:47:14 PM
Hit the ogres as soon as they are revealed. Do the same with the dragon. And also take care of the werewolves (hermit houses). It is smooth sailing after that.
#6guildclawsPosted 9/26/2009 9:37:13 PM
gloomfrost posted...
Ok i know its strange, but this is the only mission so far I've repeatedly get wiped out. Even Pretenders to the throne wasn't all that bad for me. But this one yikes. I managed to wipe out the ogres but i get overe whelmed by the dragons and demons...ugh demons to many of them. I need a sound strategy this time.

My 6 dwarven towers clustered together just wont take down the ogres, dragons and demons this time.

Like i said the only time i actually wiped out the ogres was with a low level Paladin hero from the lords tower and some low lvl clerics healing him. But them the dragon and demons wiped them out.

I guess ill try the single missions out until someone comes up with a sound strategy for this level.

Thanks in advance.

Lol, ifinished that mission this day.
#7guildclawsPosted 9/26/2009 9:38:07 PM
My tips for you : Use Paladin. And you need luck.
#8The Hye CircusPosted 9/28/2009 10:14:31 PM
I was doing so well on this map, but then the Imp just decided it was rape time and I lost badly. I don't even know how to focus on him, I guess I could use spells more.
---
"It just makes me want to grab a quill and stab an inflatable globe!" - Hutler, Lupin III
#9jdun1Posted 9/29/2009 12:12:29 AM
Built 2 warriors guilds and 1 rogue at the beginning of the game. Use the rogue to find the location of spawns area. Rush to kill them.
#10pmespPosted 10/1/2009 11:27:37 AM
I tried something different in this mission. I built the lord guild and brought 2 cheap but strong heroes of mine, a rogue lv 21 and a mage lv 14, both with full gear and spells. They destroyed the ogresí lairs very fast and next I went to the NE to destroy 3 demonsí portals. While they do this I just develop my castle and blacksmith to level 2, so I can recruit dwarves as soon as possible. Elves are very important too. And donít forget to have at least 2 paladins till the day 80 to tank the demon advisor, try to not fight him in your town.
More topics from this board...
Hostile TakeoverDarthStoj112/17 9:14PM