Thought Ruler Archfiend

#1Dynamo_DuelistPosted 10/15/2008 5:51:26 AM
If I summoned this monster and my opponent used Bottomless Trap Hole, I can then use Thought Ruler's effect (2nd part) to stop it, right?
Thought Ruler Archfiend:
(1st part) When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends its to the graveyard, gain life points equal to that monster's original attack.
(2nd part) You can pay 1000 life points to negate the activation of a spell or trap card that targets 1 Psychic-Type monster, and destroy it.

Also same question but applying to other cards like Solemn Judgment when I summon another Psychic-Type and Trap Hole.
Will it only not work on cards like Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute?
---
23 years old ----- England ----- Essex Boy ----- Family Guy and American Dad RULE !!!!!!
#2StarGeminiPosted 10/15/2008 6:21:13 AM
No, bottomless does not target a monster.

Also no about Solemn judgement becuase that is a spell speed three trap and can only be chanined to by a spell speed three effect.
#3LegendarygamefaPosted 10/15/2008 11:11:26 AM
i don't understand your plan...
---
MPO: SAC_Final_HS2
PSN: Legendarygamefaq
#4NightzPosted 10/17/2008 12:57:29 PM
Bottomless does target, and yes, you may pay 1000 points to negate it.
Things like mirror force, vortex etc can't be negated since they do not target anything.
No, you may not negate a solemn, since thought ruler only negates effects, and not the activation itself, being spell speed 3, solemn can't be negated by thought ruler.
---
Youtube videos
http://youtube.com/profile?user=Noiteee
#5JZhouPosted 10/17/2008 1:18:19 PM
stupid noobs go attend some tournament ir at least read the rules for specific cards over at upperdeckentertainment.com U CAN NOT STOP JUDGEMENT BY PAYING 1K LIFE POINTS. BECAUSE COUNTER TRAPS ARE SPELL SPEED 3
#6Dynamo_Duelist(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2008 1:36:20 PM
^ Boards can do without morons like you!
i.e. Nothing nice to say = DON'T SAY ANYTHING!
---
23 years old ----- England ----- Essex Boy ----- Family Guy and American Dad RULE !!!!!!
#7Revival_FlamePosted 10/17/2008 1:52:08 PM
Bottomless does target, and yes, you may pay 1000 points to negate it.
Bottomless Trap Hole does not target, try reading the rules:

This card can remove from play multiple monsters at once, if they are Summoned simultaneously. Since this card can affect multiple monsters, it does not target.

You cannot activate Thought Ruler Archfiend to stop Bottomless Trap Hole.
---
Never assume anything,
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups.