Alright, I think I got it this time. Yubel Deck R/F

#1KarpzePosted 3/19/2009 9:56:33 AM
I have play tested the **** out of this, I can't think of anything left to fix it with. It really does work well.

One thing that was in my last version of this was Battle Mania (Which turns all of your opponents face up monsters into attack position during their stand-by phase, then each of the effected monsters is forced to attack). However I found that this only actually worked like, twice out of 15 battles as smart opponents don't summon monsters while Yubel's stronger forms are on the field and it doesn't affect F/D.

Monsters:
3 - Yubel
1 - Yubel - Terror Incarnate
1 - Yubel - Ultimate Nightmare
2 - The Calculator
2 - Armageddon Knight
2 - Dark Grepher
2 - Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
2 - Mystic Tomato
1- Morphing Jar
1 - Plaguespreader Zombie
1 - Sangan
1 - Snipe Hunter

Spells:
2 - Allure of Darkness
1 - Card Destruction
1 - Gold Sarcophagus
1 - Heavy Storm
1 - Lightning Vortex
1 - Monster Reborn
1 - Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps:
2 - Bottomless Trap Hole
1 - Crush Card Virus
2 - Dark Bribe
3 - Limit Reverse
1 - Mirror Force
3 - Solemn Judgment
1 - Torrential Tribute

Extra:
Standard Synchros

Strategy:
Okay basically, the idea is to get Yubel into the Graveyard as fast as possible (which isn't hard with this deck). Once she is, get her out with Limit Reverse and if your opponent doesn't destroy her (If they're smart, they won't) then just set her in defence next turn, which thanks to LR destroys her and boom, you have Terror Incarnate.

Now I personally recommend trying to keep TI on the field for as long as possible, because as long as he is, you are safe. Your opponents monsters are destroyed at the end of each of your turns and even if they do get rid of TI, UN will be summoned no matter how TI is removed. If you rush UN on the other hand, once it's gone, it's gone.

So what I usually do it, get TI out and just summon my Dark Grephers and whatever other monsters I have to use to get in a direct attack. Your lifepoints are then safe as TI clears the field.

Obviously this is ideal circumstances and there are plenty of other ways to get Yubel out. One is Mystic Tomato who I used to be totally against in Yubel decks due to her other effect, however I have had a change of heart. The reason being, you can get her out with Tomato, then summon Calculator (Minimum of 3600 attack I believe while Yubel is on the field, 4200 with UN), attack and then tribute it right after for her effect.

The 3 Solemns and 2 Dark Bribes are very important to this deck, because the chances are the only way your opponent is going to get rid of Yubel once she's out is via spells or traps.

There's more, but anything I haven't typed her can probably be seen pretty obviously just looking at the deck.

What do you guy think?
---
If you're Jesus and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#2Asbel__LhantPosted 3/19/2009 10:04:28 AM
It looks good. Have you considered Foolish Burial, or is it not needed
---
Proud member of the Mickie Maniacs
http://www.photobucket.com/mickiemaniacs
#3Karpze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2009 10:07:19 AM
I did have Foolish Burial, but I found it overkill, so I replaced two of them with Gold Sarcophagus and Card Destruction for added draw power. I am tempted to add another Gold Sarcophagus actually, because when played right that card is amazing.
---
If you're Jesus and are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#4Asbel__LhantPosted 3/19/2009 10:10:28 AM
Yeah, Gold Sarc. is one of my favorites. Another could work well.
---
#5Asbel__LhantPosted 3/19/2009 11:17:31 AM
I copied your deck and tested it myself. It works very well! I didn't get the point of Kyko or the Bottomless Trap Hole at first, but they are very useful for removing your opponents monsters and making sure they don't come back. Terror Incarnate keeps the field clean while you pick away the rest of their lifepoints.
---
#6PenOfStonePosted 3/19/2009 2:31:58 PM
Is Ultimate Nightmare really needed? Or is it a bonus?
---
*Note to self - Read the fine print.*
#7Karpze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2009 5:01:32 PM
Im glad you liked it Trunks, kycoo also stops Yubel from being removed.

Pen, UN is definitely needed. Not only for being excellent (you can't defend against, as its effect does the attacked monsters attack as damage even vs def pos monsters), but more importantly for when TI is removed from the field.

One thing i just found is, this deck needs to side for macro match ups. Macro slaughters this deck.
---
Talk about Pokemon, that always get me laid - XxXxSaberxXxX
#8xxkourtneyxxPosted 3/19/2009 7:07:55 PM
how are you kill yubel TI i used the deck i just dont see
#9HunkfishPosted 3/19/2009 8:06:13 PM
-1 calculator
+1 montage dragon
#10Karpze(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2009 12:52:32 AM
No, I already tested montage. He may look good, but he plays awful.

And please don't tell me someone asked how to destroy Yubel =X
---
Talk about Pokemon, that always get me laid - XxXxSaberxXxX